Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
good signing on a free. But one problem would be that he'd have starter ambitious and seems a bit of a difficult character. I'd rather have someone else to start over Eriksen. If he is happy as a rotational player, he's very welcome.

This was probably one of the deals that EtH was referring to in the summer where certain players weren't convinced of the project (the other obviously being de Jong)

Apparently has had a good season with Juve (or so i've heard???) and was a good player at the world club.

All those games we get overran in midfield. That doesn’t happen with Rabiot.

Positionally sound, great on the ball and physically present. Allows us to get an advanced 8 or someone like Maddison.
We need players who can hold the ball primarily. Casemiro can do the destroyer job, we lack ball players and Rabiot isn't that.

On a free? From Juventus? That would be ironic. Would take him in a minute. Great player as long as Ten Hag is convinced the drama is in the past.

From the start ETH has talked about making a stronger squad. Would he be better than Fred, McTominay and Sabitzer? Absolutely. On a free

I think he's a really good player with some traits that we desperately need (physicality, good in the air). He's also much better on the ball than McFred, as well as far more positionally intelligent. He'd make us much more solid especially in difficult away games. Sell McFred and Donny and sign Rabiot and another midfielder and our midfield would be massively upgraded for a relatively small net fee.

He’s the current equal, at worst, of the majority, if not all of our midfielders. Getting him a on a free in a summer when we have other priorities would make perfect sense.

He actually seems to be a real leader whenever I've watched him this season. Juventus are in bits and he's stepped up big time.

When he was a teenager he was arrogant, very talented and actually performing well but also had a big opinion of himself. Which disappeared in his early twenties with the exception of his reaction to not being selected for the World Cup but he quickly apologized and even though I didn't like it, I can understand the disappointment.

Great on a free, better than Fred, McTominay and Sabitzer for me and much better physically than Eriksen. We probably won’t have much money so makes sense when we need to prioritise a striker.

Ideally he would be one of two midfielders signed but I doubt we will have the funds, I foresee a very restricted window unfortunately.

On a free transfer it's a decent option but we still need to add technique to our midfield.

He’s an upgrade on sabitzer
Just need an upgrade on Maguire , Donny , McTominay and Martial now

We need players who can hold the ball primarily. Casemiro can do the destroyer job, we lack ball players and Rabiot isn't that.

You don’t watch him then do you. Seeing as thats exactly what he does.

He'd be a savvy budget signing that would be an upgrade on either Mct or Fred. If we get him + Caicedo or Orkun Kokcu our midfield will be significantly better next season. (Caicedo being my dream summer midfield signing.)

On a free transfer it's a decent option but we still need to add technique to our midfield.
I think we need more than one midfielder. The other midfield target is a more pressing need but think we'd be a bit foolish to ignore an opportunity with this kind of fee involved. I think guys like Caicedo or Mac Allister are tempting in their own right but think its harder to get right when their game time is a bit patchy potentially with their level of experience.

Had an impressive World Cup (imho). Experienced at highest level, good passer, with high energy. And with good injury record in the last 4 seasons.

Last edited:
He's got a swagger about him, and I think he would be a very important cog in the middle, definitely an astute signing on a free.

This time last year I would was 110% against signing him because he's showed nothing but a level of immaturity in his football career but his performances at the World Cup was absolutely sublime. Every time I've watched him for Juventus too he's been their best midfielder by a distance.

Don't know why the sudden change but he's improved immensely as a footballer. He would be a great signing based on his form throughout the entire season

This time last year I would was 110% against signing him because he's showed nothing but a level of immaturity in his football career but his performances at the World Cup was absolutely sublime. Every time I've watched him for Juventus too he's been their best midfielder by a distance.

Don't know why the sudden change but he's improved immensely as a footballer. He would be a great signing based on his form throughout the entire season
Hes always been a good player

Status
Not open for further replies.