Adrien Rabiot | signed for Marseille

Status
Not open for further replies.
That certainly is one imagination you got there. :cool:

He's on around 140-150 now, I believe.
I seriously doubt Rabiot, a 40m player I'd guess, won't be chasing a massive wage hike

It's part of the reason players run their contract down after all

A player like Radiot is perhaps looking at contracts for players like Rashford, Casemiro and Sancho and thinking about his last big contract

strange that he hasn't been picked up yet?

wonder why De Gea can't find a club....

hey, must be the money

That certainly is one imagination you got there. :cool:

He's on around 140-150 now, I believe.
You think a player who's out of contract would be content with earning the same at another club, at the peak of his career? He will demand at least 200. Also, he looks like a player who'd want CL football. He'd probably see us as a backup option if he can't sign with other top clubs and I don't want that. If we go for a free player why not Guido Rodriguez? Would be much cheaper and a DM, which we need more than a no.8.

Granted, however, UK teams aren't obligated to compensate that taxation difference, and we're thankfully not under Woodward anymore. I'd like to think that, at best, it's a compromise rather than an outright agreement to make up the entire difference in net.

I'd be out 100% if it's 250k.
Agree should be £170-180k max on a 2+1 contract

Agree should be £170-180k max on a 2+1 contract
Yeah anything more and we will be paying him top 10 Ballon d'Or wages well into his decline. Casemiro should be the last of his kind for this club.

Last edited:
Can't see this happening just because of how many midfielders we already have on the books.

Can't see this happening just because of how many midfielders we already have on the books.

Yeah had to move two of Casemiro, Eriksen and McTominay and truthfully only the latter might leave

Yeah had to move two of Casemiro, Eriksen and McTominay and truthfully only the latter might leave
Casemiro looks like he is not yet ready to give up on his top level career just yet, I am sure if he wanted to the Saudis would have taken him. This could be a benefit for us because that means he will be motivated to perform and he has the experience to adjust.

It just depends on whether he hasn't misjudged his own level, hubris can also be a factor, and whether Ten Hag is smart enough to get the right set up for him and keep him fresh. I think this will be a defining call on our season.

Is there a rule that we need this thread every season? Never happening.

So according to Romano he wants over €7m a year which works out around 134k per week

So according to Romano he wants over €7m a year which works out around 134k per week
That's about what he had at Juventus. Been linked to Arsenal of late though, he might very well go there.

There must be a reason no one's snapped him up on a free so far.

He is better than Amrabat/Scott/Ericksen and even last season casemero (that's 4 of our last season midfield)

We can get better with him but not sure if we can win tittles with his quality, we cant sign all world class midfielders on top of that he is free, we need to add few bodies to Mainoo, Mount and Bruno to improve squad depth anyway and he fits into that category .

I see him and Ambrabat is a downgrade but something like him and Zubamendi or Ugtarte is an upgrade.

Disappointing this is falling through because we chased Ugarte about, only to fail.

Rabiot is better than Eriksen and McTominay, both of whom should be removed as priority.

Hearing a lot of talk about signing-on fees and wages. The usual nonsense regarding his mother. But any player we attempt will want a copious arrangement.

Getting desperate now so Rabiot can ask for even more. But in the end he would go straight into our starting eleven, and we need him if we want any hope this season

Disappointing this is falling through because we chased Ugarte about, only to fail.

Rabiot is better than Eriksen and McTominay, both of whom should be removed as priority.

Hearing a lot of talk about signing-on fees and wages. The usual nonsense regarding his mother. But any player we attempt will want a copious arrangement.

This is made up.

Reading this thread feels as if we already signed him or are advanced in negotiations. But I'm still waiting for one reliable source linking us with him. I don't think he's even on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.