Absolutely Random footballers from the 1990's

Pontus Kåmark

romario_kamark_607508w.jpg

Who the feck? i hear you ask...Former Gothenberg and Leicester City defender who placed third in the 94 World Cup with Sweden.

player_kozma.jpg

One description i found on the net off him:

Kozma had impressed Souness as a player with Dunfermilne in Scotland when Souness was managing Rangers. His ball-juggling skills were not suited to the pace of the English Premiership. Kozma was completely out of his depth. He did not play enough games to be granted a work permit and returned to Hungary after only two seasons at Liverpool.

In other words he was shit

player_hysen.jpg

Glen Hysen

Rumoured to have chosen Liverpool instead of United. Lucky break for United who instead signed Gary Pallister. My abiding memory of Hysen was him giving a peno away against United after doing a volleyball style slap on the ball at a corner

This is apparently what he looks like now

450px-Bengtzinghysen.jpg

SNS1465A_94112a.jpg

Julian Dicks aka the terminator

Proper English left back, started at Birmingham had two stints at West Ham with Liverpool inbetween, wound down at Canvey Island

Probably one of the best left backs not to play for Enlgnad, runs a pub in Colchester now days

Not to mention a no-nonsense penalty taker :lol:

Goodness me, I love reminiscing about footballers of whom I have feint peripheral childhood memories :P

Not to mention a no-nonsense penalty taker :lol:

Goodness me, I love reminiscing about footballers of whom I have feint peripheral childhood memories :P

I was going to mention that, thinking about it now I don't know why I didn't

An interview with him came out yesterday here's my pick of the questions

Which footballer was the hardest you came up against? Lee, Warrington

The toughest player I came up against was Mark Hughes. He was not nasty but he was an aggressive player. If you kicked him you knew that within five minutes you would get a kick back.

The good thing about him was that if you did kick him he wouldn't whinge and moan to the referee.

Julian, you're one of my West Ham heroes. Are there any on-field verbals with an opponent you can share with me? Loz Barnes, Chesterfield

When I was at West Ham, Bobby Davison, who used to play for Derby, spat in my face once. That's the worst.

There were a few verbals with him, but luckily enough within 10 minutes he got what was coming to him.

Julian, would you like to manage West Ham? Lee, Basildon

Definitely. When Alan Pardew was there and they were going through a bad patch I offered my services as a defensive coach, but they turned me down.

I tried again while Alan Pardew was there and he turned me down again. But if I had a chance to manage West Ham I would walk from here, in Spain, to Upton Park.

What's more nerve-wracking - taking a penalty to win a game or sinking a 12-yard putt to win a golf tournament? Jim Farrier, Baldock

I wasn't nervous taking penalties - football was natural to me. I took one against Man United to draw 2-2 in the last 10 minutes, but I wasn't nervous.

But sinking a 12-yard putt, even just in a normal tournament, is pretty nerve-wracking for me.

What West Ham game stands out for you? Yeti, Basildon

There was the Man Utd game when we were 2-0 down. Beckham and Solskjaer scored. Then Raducioiu came on and got one and I took the penalty in the last 10 minutes to make it 2-2.

But the game that really stands out for me was beating Tottenham 4-3 at Upton Park. I scored two in that game. It's always nice to beat Tottenham!

Do you think the modern players lack passion? Tony from Essex

I do. I've been to see West Ham at Upton Park and I've seen them on TV. A lot of players show a lack of passion. Mark Noble is the bright spark. He's a West Ham fan through and through, and he knows what it means to the fans.

It's not just West Ham players though. A lot of players don't show the passion the fans deserve.

Do you think goalkeepers were scared of your penalties? I'm sure I saw Ian Walker jump out of the way! Neil Young

I never completely missed the target when I took a penalty. I did hit the bar and the post, but I was never well wide of the target.

All I used to do was put the ball down and hit it as hard as I could. I didn't pick a place. Luckily most of my penalties went in.

Was Marco Boogers really such a nutter? Michael Meany, Ashford

To be fair Marco was a nice lad. I'd left West Ham when I heard he'd gone back to Holland to live in a caravan.

He was a nice guy. He wasn't the best footballer but he was a good person.

I can't get over the fact that Marco Boogers would rather live in a Caravan in some shithole in the low countries than play for West Ham! :lol:

To be fair he was hated after that match, he gave Neville what was coming to him and I think he was quite shocked to see what he did

on a side note I've played against Ruel Fox's son. right arrogant little shit.

not a good footballer either

I am begining to think Davo might be Marco Boogers.

more players.

Esteban Fuertes

_829919_fuertes150.jpg

MASSIVE fuss when he signed for Derby, was amazing on Champ Man 99/00 as well, turned out to be a bit shit in real life.

Jose Dominguez.

DOMINGUEZ_J_19971019_NF_R.jpg

The shortest player to EVER play in the premier league I heard at one time, even diddier than Juninho, had a few tricks up his sleeve but hardly ever any end product.

Scored a proper flukey bastard goal against us on the last day of the 98/99 season i think shit me right up for the rest of the day that did.

I am begining to think Davo might be Marco Boogers.

more players.

Esteban Fuertes

_829919_fuertes150.jpg

MASSIVE fuss when he signed for Derby, was amazing on Champ Man 99/00 as well, turned out to be a bit shit in real life.

Jose Dominguez.

DOMINGUEZ_J_19971019_NF_R.jpg

The shortest player to EVER play in the premier league I heard at one time, even diddier than Juninho, had a few tricks up his sleeve but hardly ever any end product.

Scored a proper flukey bastard goal against us on the last day of the 98/99 season i think shit me right up for the rest of the day that did.

Dominguez never scored against United on the last day of the 1998-99 season, it was Les Ferdinand.

kewell_harry4.jpg

Harry Kewell, once said to be the finest left footer in the game

Transferred to Liverpool in 2003, was last seen rubbing his hands together laughing on the way to the bank

I do apologise, my mind has failed me at this hour it would seem.

He did play some part in that game though..i'm sure of it.

I think you’re right mate, he did. The little munchkin.
Aside from that Les Ferdinand lob over Schmeichel, Spurs did nowt for the rest of that game. We should have battered them but lacked the cutting edge.

feck, I didn't know Wes already did Blinkers

here's a new one
Alan Wright

Played left back for Aston Villa. Apparently he's the shortest player in the premiership.

Alan Wright.

And don't forget his team mate in Villa,

Mark Draper. A central midfielder who I thought was very good, but apparently got sold by Villa the next season.
DRAPER_Mark_19970412_GH_L.jpg

kewell_harry4.jpg

Harry Kewell, once said to be the finest left footer in the game

Transferred to Liverpool in 2003, was last seen rubbing his hands together laughing on the way to the bank

surely you mean "all the way to the physio bench"?

Kewell's fall was a spectacular one :P

Stéphane Guivarc'h

GUIVARCH_S_19980830_NF_L.jpg

(Don't know how to resize photos and couldn't find a better one sorry)

Scored 21 goals in 32 games for Auxerre in 97-98 and 22 goals in 36 games for Rennes the season before. Played 4 games for Newcastle and scored 1 Goal.

Stéphane Guivarc'h

_42926269_manu_chel_1994_416x170.jpg

Andrei Kanchelskis
Eric sent Dimitri Kharine the wrong way twice :)
who's that on the end? Newton?

If i'm not mistaken thats Mark Stein on the end. Once scored in seven consecutive games for Chelsea which was a record until Ruud beat it a few years ago.

Trivia for Tony Dorigo (great find, redspoonz :lol:)

He was repeatedly bombarded with deliveries of Doritos to his house by his former team-mate and infamous changing room prankster Lucas Radebe, who thought 'Dorigo' sounds like 'Dorito'.

He is now running a lifestyle management company called "The 1 Club" for footballers. He said: "Talk about cars, plasma TVs and watches, they'll know what you mean. Talk about cleaning and housework - they wont have a clue!"