5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
After that, he went to sleep and stopped tracking runners.
I'm convinced he has some cardio issues. Too often he's not sprinting back in transitions, and if he gets dragged in field and the ball goes out wide, he won't show any urgency to get out to them quickly. I'm sure he was subbed against Spurs at the end of last season for this reason.

I'm convinced he has some cardio issues. Too often he's not sprinting back in transitions, and if he gets dragged in field and the ball goes out wide, he won't show any urgency to get out to them quickly. I'm sure he was subbed against Spurs at the end of last season for this reason.

He makes lots of off the ball runs when we're in possession as evidenced by the goal tonight.

His energy to run back would be a lot higher if our other players didn't give the ball away so easily and frequently.

I noticed Wolves actually had to double up on him a couple of times. If he can attack consistently like that, Dalot may ask for a move again.

At about the 75th minute was playing as the 10, and jogging around with Bruno at RB. Bit odd.

He's a strange player by any measure. Decent today and one of our better players, but that's not saying anything at all.

Kind of agree with this. But I also think a major issue with him is the lack of intensity in his game. He makes some brilliant last ditch tackles that very few are able to replicate. However, they are often a result of him letting the attacker get ahead of him, as if he is far from going at full speed. He often gets beaten in a foot race only for him to recover and then put in a tackle. It's quite odd. The best defenders would rather get in front and shield the ball.

That being said, I think he was arguably motm yesterday.

My MOTM, never put a foot wrong defensivley. Was a good attacking outlet all night with a good assist to boot.

But the thing that really stood last night was his ball retention. Outstanding don't he he got caught in possesion or gave any sloppy passes away at all. Not something you always associate him with but last night he was excellent.

Our Motm, excellent for the goal. Some great last ditch tackles. There is no way we get 3 points if Dalot plays in that game yesterday. He's now the level we need long term but a steady back up I think.

He makes lots of off the ball runs when we're in possession as evidenced by the goal tonight.

His energy to run back would be a lot higher if our other players didn't give the ball away so easily and frequently.

It must be a nightmare playing fullback for a team that losses possession so easily. Onana learnt pretty quickly against lens.

Overall I think our team lacks fitness or maybe we can say that we are not ready yet, but I liked how he played.

Happy with his assist.

We have more needs in investments than a RB so he can easily stay number one.

He was MOTM, and probably our only starter that performed to acceptable level alongside Onana. If he had a semi decent winger in front of him, he will look even better.

I was one of his biggest critics but credit where its due he was the best out of others yesterday (other than Onana). Hope he can improve in all facets of his game this year. Looks promising so far

Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd
I understand he was booked, but taking him off was a bad decision.

About the last player in the squad that needs replacing based on the performances in the first two games.

Literally, the only outfield player who looks anywhere near the level required. Defends well and did create a good chance in the first half.

Shame he has to play with such an average winger.

I understand he was booked, but taking him off was a bad decision.

He was shocking in the second half, Son had him running round in circles, his positioning and awareness of danger in defensive areas was poor, it generally is as he's a reactive defender and his pace usually gets him out of trouble.

He deserved to be taken off, but then again ETH could have taken off any one of about 8 players.

AWB rightly gets credit for his defending, but he is so limited on the ball and hesitant in going forward.

Look at Porro today for Spurs, he was bombing forward and wants the ball at every opportunity.

Makes me wonder why we bother with a keeper like Onana when he has a player like AWB to play out to, who doesn't look to want the ball and when he does get it, the best we can expect is a sideways pass.

I think the only reason why he was subbed was because of the yellow card. He was our best outfield player in the 1st half. Spurs came back into the game in the 2nd half. He had Son running at him and it's tough when you're on a yellow.

I think he played well again.

He was shocking in the second half, Son had him running round in circles, his positioning and awareness of danger in defensive areas was poor, it generally is as he's a reactive defender and his pace usually gets him out of trouble.

He deserved to be taken off, but then again ETH could have taken off any one of about 8 players.
He's very good on direct one-on-ones and will throw himself into tackles and blocks but positionally he goes AWOL at least once a game. Last Monday him and Pellistri both completely switched off for one Wolves chance and today the same thing happened in the first half which resulted in Spurs hitting the bar twice.

Not saying it's just his problem, we had the same issue on Shaw's side for the first goal today. It seems players can get down our flanks so easily.

Defensively fantastic but I want to see Dalot play the next game to see if he can offer more of an attacking threat and linkup in midfield.

I mean what is going on with our defensive line @1:00 . Tbf Antony is in a weird position and Varnae should be closer to the right side but things like this happened in the Wolves game too.

AWB rightly gets credit for his defending, but he is so limited on the ball and hesitant in going forward.

Look at Porro today for Spurs, he was bombing forward and wants the ball at every opportunity.

Makes me wonder why we bother with a keeper like Onana when he has a player like AWB to play out to, who doesn't look to want the ball and when he does get it, the best we can expect is a sideways pass.

He is limited but seriously? Are you talking about the same Porro in the first half who gave the ball away in very dagerous areas when gettiing it from the keeper near the area and thinkig he could twist and turn out of trouble???

He was decent going forward in the final third but you wonder why we bought a keeper that is good with his feet when the opposition had a right back that a more clinical side may well have scored two or three goals from his mistakes?

Absolut nonsense

It's only 2 games in but so far Wan-Bissaka is proving the doubters wrong.

He's progressed the ball more towards goal with his passing per 90 minutes than any other outfield player and doing so at almost 90% accuracy which is second only to Martinez out of our starters.

He's also only second to Bruno in expected assists and fourth in key passes behind Bruno, Shaw and Antony.

PlayerCmp%PrgDistxAKP
André Onana
76.6​
382.5​
0​
0​
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
89.5​
300​
0.47​
2.35​
Bruno Fernandes
67.3​
290​
0.55​
3.5​
Lisandro Martínez
90.9​
286​
0​
0.67​
Casemiro
80.6​
270​
0.05​
1​
Luke Shaw
81.7​
270​
0.25​
3​
Christian Eriksen
75​
196​
0​
0​
Raphaël Varane
87.7​
187​
0​
0​
Jadon Sancho
80​
176​
0.2​
2​
Diogo Dalot
90.5​
143.3​
0​
0​
Mason Mount
76.2​
128.2​
0​
1.18​
Anthony Martial
100​
120​
0​
10​
Facundo Pellistri
87.5​
105​
0​
0​
Victor Lindelöf
73.3​
102​
0​
0​
Antony
74.5​
80.6​
0.06​
2.5​
Alejandro Garnacho
73.3​
56​
0.07​
0.67​
Marcus Rashford
84.4​
30​
0.05​
1.58​
Scott McTominay
100​
9​
0​
0​

Stas from FBREF: https://fbref.com/en/squads/19538871/Manchester-United-Stats

Last edited:

He's progressed the ball more towards with his passing per 90 minutes than any other outfield player and doing so at almost 90% accuracy which is second to Martinez out of our starters.

He's also only second to Bruno in expected assists and fourth in key passes behind Bruno, Shaw and Antony.

PlayerCmp%PrgDistxAKP
André Onana
76.6​
382.5​
0​
0​
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
89.5​
300​
0.47​
2.35​
Bruno Fernandes
67.3​
290​
0.55​
3.5​
Lisandro Martínez
90.9​
286​
0​
0.67​
Casemiro
80.6​
270​
0.05​
1​
Luke Shaw
81.7​
270​
0.25​
3​
Christian Eriksen
75​
196​
0​
0​
Raphaël Varane
87.7​
187​
0​
0​
Jadon Sancho
80​
176​
0.2​
2​
Diogo Dalot
90.5​
143.3​
0​
0​
Mason Mount
76.2​
128.2​
0​
1.18​
Anthony Martial
100​
120​
0​
10​
Facundo Pellistri
87.5​
105​
0​
0​
Victor Lindelöf
73.3​
102​
0​
0​
Antony
74.5​
80.6​
0.06​
2.5​
Alejandro Garnacho
73.3​
56​
0.07​
0.67​
Marcus Rashford
84.4​
30​
0.05​
1.58​
Scott McTominay
100​
9​
0​
0​

Not sure why people are going on about his lack of creativity this season so far. He has made a few good chances in these matches.

There was a good cross to Rashford in the last game and there was, of course, the one to Varane. He also put in a great cross in the first half yesterday, which I think should have been a goal.

I think he has been good on the attack this season, but I do think he is being let down by Antony, who literally cannot do anything.

Good start to the season. One of the few positives.

Him, Antony and Bruno need to work on their triangle chemistry when they are attacking in that right corner though. So many times they stand looking at eachother and create no space for eachother. It’s like a road block.

He's progressed the ball more towards with his passing per 90 minutes than any other outfield player and doing so at almost 90% accuracy which is second to Martinez out of our starters.

PlayerCmp%PrgDistxAKP
André Onana
76.6​
382.5​
0​
0​
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
89.5​
300​
0.47​
2.35​
Bruno Fernandes
67.3​
290​
0.55​
3.5​
Lisandro Martínez
90.9​
286​
0​
0.67​
Casemiro
80.6​
270​
0.05​
1​
Luke Shaw
81.7​
270​
0.25​
3​
Christian Eriksen
75​
196​
0​
0​
Raphaël Varane
87.7​
187​
0​
0​
Jadon Sancho
80​
176​
0.2​
2​
Diogo Dalot
90.5​
143.3​
0​
0​
Mason Mount
76.2​
128.2​
0​
1.18​
Anthony Martial
100​
120​
0​
10​
Facundo Pellistri
87.5​
105​
0​
0​
Victor Lindelöf
73.3​
102​
0​
0​
Antony
74.5​
80.6​
0.06​
2.5​
Alejandro Garnacho
73.3​
56​
0.07​
0.67​
Marcus Rashford
84.4​
30​
0.05​
1.58​
Scott McTominay
100​
9​
0​
0​

Don’t bring logic when it doesn’t fit the narrative of those who can’t see that actually he’s a good player and not in any way our immediate problem

I've been following this forum for a while and this seems to represent your overall posts in any AWB related post or thread. Has he ever impressed you?
He was a good player for Palace but there was always doubts about whether he was suited to playing for a top club. When he joined he wasn't bad because we very rarely attemped to exert any control on the game under Ole which suited him. You can't remain a side that sits back and counters as a top club in modern day football though and when it comes to evolving as a team and taking the next step, he's not suited to it. He's also far from the only one this applies to in the squad. There's multiple others including some big fan favourites.

His improvement on the ball has also been massively exaggerated imo. Partly because his bottom level is extremely low so anything he does well is amplfiied but also partly due to Dalot being poor post injury. The Wolves game was a prime example of how we struggle from the back vs a team that will happily channel the ball down our right in build up.

He was a good player for Palace but there was always doubts about whether he was suited to playing for a top club. When he joined he wasn't bad because we very rarely attemped to exert any control on the game under Ole which suited him. You can't remain a side that sits back and counters as a top club in modern day football though and when it comes to evolving as a team and taking the next step, he's not suited to it. He's also far from the only one this applies to in the squad. There's multiple others including some big fan favourites.

His improvement on the ball has also been massively exaggerated imo. Partly because his bottom level is extremely low so anything he does well is amplfiied but also partly due to Dalot being poor post injury. The Wolves game was a prime example of how we struggle from the back vs a team that will happily channel the ball down our right in build up.

It doesn't matter how good a right wing back is in attack if he has Antony ahead of him. Adding Walker or Hakimi to this team will not make us any better in attack, which is something I guarantee.

It is useless having a good attacking rwb when the attack is performing terribly.

I would say Wan Bissaka has done as well as can be done in the last two games.

Man Utd 3:2 Nottingham Forest
Fantastic today.

Strong start to the season from him, possibly our best player and is showing attacking elements that he didn't have before.

Status
Not open for further replies.