View full 2023-24 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Atheist

He just let Martinelli walk past him so easily, we have no hope of progressing with him as fullback as he has zero attacking skills.

BorisManUtd

Definitely sell him this summer. Should get decent money for AWB from a PL club as well - though he's only got a year left on his contract.

Sylar

He had a moment in the second half where his first touch meant his second touch was a slide tackle attempt and arsenal still broke away.
I hate the way he defends when he doesn't try and tackle one on one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There was a point where it got cleared to him on the half way line on his own. He brought it down ok, but then his second touch was literally into the only fecking Arsenal player up the pitch.

I fully despair with him, if he is at the club next season, god help us.

Surprise surprise he was oblivious to his man running goal side of him.

Ekeke

Surprise surprise he was oblivious to his man running goal side of him.
Yes. After Casemiro made the first mistake, Dalot is completely missing from leftback pushing up the pitch and Evans defends poorly allowing a cross to come in far too easily AWB also makes a mistake and lets his man get to the ball. He was the last of a chain of the 3 other defenders to mess up and if he had got it right it would have been bailing out his entire defence. He didnt. He made the last mistake after Casemiro, Evans and Dalot messed up before him.

PoTMS

If INEOS had anything about them, he'd be the first one to leave. Probably one of the only ones we could get a decent fee out of which is ironic as he's clearly not cut out for this level of football.

Red00012

A moment in the 1st half the ball broke to him and the centre opened up. Inside of carrying the ball into the wide open space he passes it back to Casemiro . He needs binning he is the right up there In the top 5 players that should not be at the club next season

klayton88

I grew to think he had a future here after some good performances early in the season. He looked more composed on the ball and used it well. Now he's reverted to type for the back half of the season, he looks a calamity. Jogs about. That's the reason he gets all these fancy last ditch tackles, he's out of position. Time to go.

Oranges038

That moment where he had no one near him 70 yards from his own goal and still mis controls it and gifts them a chance, just sums him up as a player.

Too casual coupled with poor technical skills and zero awareness, just an awful awful player.

Red00012

Genuinely it’s worse he’s getting. He needs to be moved on this summer

The Hilton

Tried his hardest to feck it up for us tonight
He's been like this for a while. The lack of effort is bad enough but at least that can be put down to laziness, but he has a several involvements every match that genuinely look like intentional sabotage

Robindinho

Good grief, that touch.

Never known a player at such a level to consistently look so clumsy/awkward on the ball. Then you add that to his daydreaming, bad combo.

CloneMC16

He started the season well. Since he came back from injury, he's been dreadful.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
94th minute, ahead by a goal, you're the RB, you get to the edge of their area. Do you:
a. Pass the ball back to keep posession
b. Run to the corner flag
c. Belt it off shins to try and get a throw or corner
d. Try a skill between three players, lose it, then jog back leaving your entire right side exposed

Also worth noting they should have scored from another back post header with AWB...somewhere not the back post.

Please let that be it. Come on Luke, you can play Sunday right?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The latest scapegoat..... expected....

In a game where he was about as good/bad as most others, we have a band of caftards frothing at the mouth talking about "get rid" "worst FB EVER" etc...

Y'all consistent I give you that....

Mike Smalling

The latest scapegoat..... expected....

In a game where he was about as good/bad as most others, we have a band of caftards frothing at the mouth talking about "get rid" "worst FB EVER" etc...

Y'all consistent I give you that....
It's not scapegoating. He's just not very good. He gave away an almost certain goal by taking an awful touch under no pressure, and then there's the skill attempt alluded to by Beachryan above.

I've seen about enough.

afrocentricity

It's not scapegoating. He's just not very good. He gave away an almost certain goal by taking an awful touch under no pressure, and then there's the skill attempt alluded to by Beachryan above.

I've seen about enough.
It's pretty much the same posters game after game come on. None of y'all mention the good things you just post that one or two bad things and the negative circle jerk commences..... Own it, it is what it is

Mike Smalling

It's pretty much the same posters game after game come on. None of y'all mention the good things you just post that one or two bad things and the negative circle jerk commences..... Own it, it is what it is
I don't know what it is I should "own". AWB is one of a number of players that get criticized heavily. Recently McTominay, Casemiro, Højlund, Antony and Onana has gotten a lot of the same.

AWB has some strengths as a player, and he's played good games for us. But he's also way too shaky on the ball, contributes far too little offensively, and he makes dumb mistakes like yesterday too often to be a reliable option.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That moment where he had no one near him 70 yards from his own goal and still mis controls it and gifts them a chance, just sums him up as a player.

Too casual coupled with poor technical skills and zero awareness, just an awful awful player.
This is not true.

what’s true is that he has an error inside him every game and loses focus.

the out of position bit gets mentioned every week but I’m convinced that’s tactical instructions because he wasn’t as bad as that under Ole

golden_blunder

Staff
94th minute, ahead by a goal, you're the RB, you get to the edge of their area. Do you:
a. Pass the ball back to keep posession
b. Run to the corner flag
c. Belt it off shins to try and get a throw or corner
d. Try a skill between three players, lose it, then jog back leaving your entire right side exposed

Also worth noting they should have scored from another back post header with AWB...somewhere not the back post.

Please let that be it. Come on Luke, you can play Sunday right?
Sure let’s play someone who isn’t fit and have him injure himself even more. Heck let’s injure him so badly that he’s out next season as well, that’s fun

Rockets Redglare

Weirdly I think his game going forward has improved, yet his defensive work seems to have really gone to pot.
Plus he just doesn’t look like he’s arsed in the slightest which isn’t great.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This is not true.

the out of position bit gets mentioned every week but I’m convinced that’s tactical instructions because he wasn’t as bad as that under Ole
Tactical instructions yet it does not happen with Dalot as often who plays far more. Its clear he can’t be asked and is lazy this season. The amount of times we have seen him out of position and jogging back is insane

MrBest

Not a top half Premier league player. Would suit a team fighting for relegation given he can actually defend when he wants to. I think we have always know this, the whole situation is just become a joke that when he walks on the pitch, jogs around for a bit, we know he's just there to make a position. I blame Hag for this, surely Amas would have been a better option and switch Dalot back to the right. That is 50m we will never see again, I'd happily sell him for 15m.

golden_blunder

Staff
Tactical instructions yet it does not happen with Dalot as often who plays far more. Its clear he can’t be asked and is lazy this season. The amount of times we have seen him out of position and jogging back is insane
They are 2 different people, they may have different tactical obstructions. Despite AWB 1v1 capabilities I think Dalot is a more solid defender whereas I think that AWB is actually (usually) better at progressing the ball up the pitch. Neither are getting many crosses in this year which I think they are being told to invert and provide more options centrally. It’s frustrating.

Oranges038

This is not true.

He's not awkward as people like to say, he is simply an awful footballer with poor technical ability because he can barely control and pass a football. And he's an awful defender because he is genuinely thick, cannot read the game, doesn't track his runners, doesn't pass men on and has poor positional awareness.

afrocentricity

He's not awkward as people like to say, he is simply an awful footballer with poor technical ability because he can barely control and pass a football. And he's an awful defender because he is genuinely thick, cannot read the game, doesn't track his runners, doesn't pass men on and has poor positional awareness.
But yet he has winners medals while playing at a premiership club that is perennially at the top of the table..... Do you guys read your posts before you hit submit?

Red Regista

I feel for AWB in a way. He was never a good enough football player to play for United in the first place.
Good athleticism and a good tackler when we bought him and that was it. Couldn't pass, bad first touch and tactically weak.
He's improved since then, but there is only so much you can do. Never going to turn a turtle into a cheetah.

I wouldn't miss him if he really was to leave in the summer (which I don't believe is true).

Mike Smalling

But yet he has winners medals while playing at a premiership club that is perennially at the top of the table..... Do you guys read your posts before you hit submit?
Actually he only has one winners medal - the League Cup from last season. Unless they've started to hand out medals for winning games. And we've hardly been perennially at the top of the table in his time here.

Oranges038

Come of it. He has 1 league cup medal for a team that's been scraping for top 4 since he has been at the club. Like McT, Lindelof, Maguire + many more, he's just not good enough, never has been.

No point defending the indefensible, technically he's an awful footballer for the level he's supposed to be at and defensively he can do slide tackles, everything else he's not got the brains or the awareness to do it for a top club.

He just needs to go, Turkey the Championship or back to Palace, I don't care. He's not good enough for a team aiming for the top in the PL.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Strange his decline of form this year, I thought he really turned it around last year and was one of our better players.

That epitomizes our squad right now, Rashford & Casemiro both brilliant last year and poor this year - We need consistency and it's clear he isn't that.