2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Harris won’t win for obvious reasons but America should understand the impact of their choice

I can’t imagine 4 more years of this…

2016-20. Pandemic, capitol assault...good times.

On the bright side, we can adopt the legend of Nero's atitude playing the lyre while Rome burnt

We are going to suffer, but we will be entretained at least

What are these obvious reasons ?
I'm assuming he means it's because she's a woman of colour. Funny that it's come on a day where we've got data that she's doing better with white people than Biden though.

I'm assuming he means it's because she's a woman of colour. Funny that it's come on a day where we've got data that she's doing better with white people than Biden though.

I think it may have most to do with being a woman imo. The US is an incredibly masculinized country and we are in a situation where even the likes of some male black voters are gravitating towards Trump.

Kamala better have some groundbreaking internal polls that suggest she can wean away Republican support from Trump..

Inside the Harris campaign effort to turn red voters blue

Harris’s joint appearance with Longwell and Cheney is a sign that her campaign is taking seriously the prospect of being put in the White House by people who normally would have never pulled a lever for any candidate with a (D) next to their name.

According to a Harris campaign operative, it’s part of a deliberate strategy to juice turnout among the college-educated, reliable voters who once turned out in droves for the GOP. That’s why Harris and Cheney are set to campaign together across the “blue wall” states this week.

The campaign staffer pointed out that Democrats have performed well in low-turnout and off-year elections recently — areas the party never really excelled in — because of a shift among educated, suburban voters away from the Trump-era GOP.

While Trump’s campaign has been making constant — and often awkward — appeals to male and less-educated voters, including Black and Hispanic ones, Harris’s campaign is betting that Trump’s continued presence on the ballot is going to bring the more educated out for her in numbers that far exceed what Biden achieved four years ago.

“They’re pissed, they’re scared, they’re sick of Donald Trump — and they vote,” the operative said. “It’s not just the ‘Women’s March’ crowd anymore. It’s going to be more Republicans than you’ve seen vote for a Democrat in decades.”

I know people are looking at the Harris campaign appealing to moderate republicans as stupid, but it’s a legitimate tactic and hopefully one that works. The GOP are now so far right that you could probably argue they’re not even conservative anymore and so appealing to that middle ground conservative base is probably a lot easier than it was 20 years ago.

We saw this recently in Australia with the rise of the “teal” conservative movement which is a group that is more moderate than the liberal party (Aus version of republicans) and it absolutely decimated the conservative movement in formally conservative strongholds.

This is where the US Democrat party can potentially change this election, particularly in places like Florida and Texas where they are becoming less conservative but are not quite ready to make that full jump. It’s like a comfort blanket to those people in so far as understanding that conservative ideals will be upheld, but not to the extent of absolute authoritarianism.

I know people are looking at the Harris campaign appealing to moderate republicans as stupid, but it’s a legitimate tactic and hopefully one that works. The GOP are now so far right that you could probably argue they’re not even conservative anymore and so appealing to that middle ground conservative base is probably a lot easier than it was 20 years ago.

We saw this recently in Australia with the rise of the “teal” conservative movement which is a group that is more moderate than the liberal party (Aus version of republicans) and it absolutely decimated the conservative movement in formally conservative strongholds.

This is where the US Democrat party can potentially change this election, particularly in places like Florida and Texas where they are becoming less conservative but are not quite ready to make that full jump. It’s like a comfort blanket to those people in so far as understanding that conservative ideals will be upheld, but not to the extent of absolute authoritarianism.

I tend to not believe much in this strategy, but the GOP primaries showed there is definitely a sizable group of people within the party, that doesn't want Trump representing them, those that voted for Haley, not so much a vote for her, as it was a vote against MAGA, worth trying to sway some of them to vote for her, i suppose.

Now, i don't think Florida and Texas are the same, Florida is becoming more conservative with each election cycle, that is not the case with Texas, and, while i could get this one wrong, i expect Texas to be closer this time for dems than Florida will be, time will tell.

The problem with this kind of messaging is that it’s going to ring extremely hollow until the Harris campaign are ready to say the quiet part out loud: Yes, you were right, Joe Biden is too old and we were too late to realize, don’t make the same mistake we did. But noone wants to say that because they’re scared of hurting the old man’s feelings.
Biden is too old; despite that, he accomplished a hell of a lot, with a republican house.

I think he could do another term because he’s competent, but we needed an energetic person to campaign.

Meanwhile Trump is soiling himself and completely out of it. Still the Republicans think it is fine he is their candidate.

I’m in favour of an age limit (67?) so we don’t end up in these situations.

Always brings a smile to my face when another Liberal falls. I fecking hate the cnuts. Evil personified and they often don't even try to hide it or their despicable personalities.