2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Maybe I'm delusional, but I increasingly think the Walz pick is great. His down-to-earth, Good Ol' Boy, common sense type persona is great when Harris can sometimes be a bit stiff and a bit more 'polished' for lack of a better word. And it's clear they don't have much to attack him on, and the good vibes continue.

At the end of the day, she has to win. If she does, then Walz will probably be viewed as the right guy. If not, then questions will continue to be asked about whether someone else could've gotten her over the finish line.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I increasingly think the Walz pick is great. His down-to-earth, Good Ol' Boy, common sense type persona is great when Harris can sometimes be a bit stiff and a bit more 'polished' for lack of a better word. And it's clear they don't have much to attack him on, and the good vibes continue.
I think it's a great pick.

Interesting that this has been leaked now. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it wasn't Trump's side that leaked it.
This could be something that came up when Harris vetted Walz. Makes sense that they would release it after all the initial excitement of the announcement and first rally had died down a bit. Or maybe it's just good journalism.

Either way it's somehow super strange to hear Trump praise Walz, and how they are cordial in general.

If there's a debate, the Harris campaign should invite some of them to sit in the front row, just as Trump carted out Bill Clinton's accusers to mess with Hillary in 2016.

It was a screenshot tweet, I'll try to go back & find it.

It's in here. It's 'since Carter,' I misread the paragraph...

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/06/g-s1-15701/election-poll-harris-trump
Thank you.

I guess that this is the relevant quote:
Harris has also improved with white voters overall. Harris has gone from 40% with white voters overall to 46% in this survey, which is closer to where Biden was, and that’s very high for a Democrat. In fact, no Democrat has scored that high with white voters in a presidential election since Jimmy Carter in 1976. Biden got 41% in 2020, Barack Obama in 2008 won 43%.”

If there's a debate, the Harris campaign should invite some of them to sit in the front row, just as Trump carted out Bill Clinton's accusers to mess with Hillary in 2016.

All republican men running for office should be asked if they would keep a rapists baby if it was their wife. All republican woman running should be asked the same, would you keep your rapists baby? The follow up should be about their daughter if the worst should happen. I would like to know as a voter if rape is only a problem if it happens to them.

Looks as though Taylor Swift might have low key endorsed Harris. Probably is a backup dancer, but who knows?

Hmm. Needs work, I think.
Needs some work (e.g. showing some empathy with the suffering in Gaza), but I find her response strong, logical and decisive. It’s either her or Trump.

The long wait for the crowd to cheer and for the protesters to respond was a great move.

This is a more polished Harris than what we saw 4 years ago.

Needs some work (e.g. showing some empathy with the suffering in Gaza), but I find her response strong, logical and decisive. It’s either her or Trump.

The long wait for the crowd to cheer and for the protesters to respond was a great move.

At this point I'm not sure if people are just trolling or if they actually miss the point.

These protesters don't want trump to be president. They want the current administration to stop supporting genocide.

Her answer was terrible. Basically she's telling people to suck it up and accept genocide because trump. As if stop supporting the murder of tens of thousands of civilians is some insane demand.

It’s hard to say she is more polished now than before when she hasn’t given any interviews and all of her public appearances are highly scripted and choreographed. She still has a lot of work to do in terms of actually telling people what her policies are.

It’s hard to say she is more polished now than before when she hasn’t given any interviews and all of her public appearances are highly scripted and choreographed. She still has a lot of work to do in terms of actually telling people what her policies are.

Yeah, I can understand the reticence and there's plenty of time but at some point she's going to have to take the plunge. As much as Trump self immolated at the Black Journalist's Panel at least the guy is putting himself out there. Even if she just starts with softball interviews I feel like she should do something to hone her message in more intimate environments. It can't all be stump speeches to crowds. Perhaps she's trying to hold out till the convention.

I like the look of Walz, come across as a very much an every day american as well as being a good public speaker.

Yeah, I can understand the reticence and there's plenty of time but at some point she's going to have to take the plunge. As much as Trump self immolated at the Black Journalist's Panel at least the guy is putting himself out there. Even if she just starts with softball interviews I feel like she should do something to hone her message in more intimate environments. It can't all be stump speeches to crowds. Perhaps she's trying to hold out till the convention.

She's definitely holding out because she doesn't perform particularly well in one on one interviews, especially with Trump's people looking to exploit anything she says. This is the last prominent interview she gave the night Biden flopped against Trump in their debate. Instead of doing a normal, dignified interview, she wound up getting into an argument with Anderson Cooper.

Another reason she hasn't done interviews is she probably hasn't developed her own policies yet. In 2020, she tried to siphon off Bernie voters by saying she was pro-medicare for all, until she gradually walked it back into medicare for some and the rest could keep their private insurance. Oddly enough, she hasn't been asked any questions about this because she has been dodging interviews.

I think she's doing exactly what she needs to be doing now. This isn't a full election season. She had to raise vast amounts of money quickly. And she has done that in record time in record numbers. She had a couple weeks to get the right VP and make all the deals she needed for endorsements and keeping the party together and no huge splits.

She has to hammer these battleground states HARD while doing all that. Her momentum has been through the roof. With less than 100 days left it is imperative to hit all the battlegrounds fast and often. And reach as many as possible. Then you also have the DNC week that will eat into that travel and facetime too. Then if they do a debate or more that's another few days or week of prep. That CANNOT go wrong if a debate is on. And they will be ready to pounce on ANYTHING. While trump can lie and be as racist as he likes and barely get touched.

Should she give a few interview yes sure. But, she has the momentum she has ads all over the airwaves I mean she's spent a clear fortune with ads all over the Olympics coverage all day long here.

Her answer to those protesters are spot on. Be angry care about the war of course. They know damn well if trump wins he isn't going to give a shit about Gaza.

She has to be more than almost perfect. She makes a gaffe or misstep she will be eaten alive like she was wearing a tan suit. Democrats have a far higher bar.

Last edited:
I like the look of Walz, come across as a very much an every day american as well as being a good public speaker.

Until a few weeks ago, I'd never heard of the guy. He looks and acts like the stereotypical good guy, moral President that you have seen in movies and US TV shows. No idea how that plays in the states but that can't be a bad thing surely?

I think she's doing exactly what she needs to be doing now. This isn't a full election season. She had to raise vast amounts of money quickly. And she has done that in record time in record numbers. She had a couple weeks to get the right VP and make all the deals she needed for endorsements and keeping the party together and no huge splits.

She has to hammer these battleground states HARD while doing all that. Her momentum has been through the roof. With less than 100 days left it is imperative to hit all the battlegrounds fast and often. And reach as many as possible. Then you also have the DNC week that will eat into that travel and facetime too. Then if they do a debate or more that's another few days or week of prep. That CANNOT go wrong if a debate is on. And they will be ready to pounce on ANYTHING. While trump can lie and be as racist as he likes and barely get touched.

Should she give a few interview yes sure. But, she has the momentum she has ads all over the airwaves I mean she's spent a clear fortune with ads all over the Olympics coverage all day long here.

Her answer to those protesters are spot on. Be angry care about the war of course. They know damn well if trump wins he isn't going to give a shit about Gaza.

She has to be more than almost perfect. She makes a gaffe or misstep she will be eaten alive like she was wearing a tan suit. Democrats have a far higher bar.

Its fair that she's on a condensed timeline, but that doesn't exempt her from telling the public what her actual policies are and allowing the public to evaluate them. Otherwise there's no point in running if no one knows what you're planning on doing once in office. Trump is obviously far worse, but that doesn't mean Harris should be playing the "you will vote for me, because the alternative is Trump" card.