2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I would like to think so, but I'm not holding my breath. Licht has been going further rightward, and owner Malone is a big Fox fan. Trump himself also would not have come on there if he thought he would be ambushed.

I think its more so a reversion to the mean of who CNN have always billed themselves as - a news channel that has historically given both sides a shot at making their case, despite the channel itself slanting editorially slightly left. It would certainly be a departure from their historical brand to deliberately not include one of the two major candidates in a Presidential election.

CNN willing to do all they can to help Trump again

That's another stupid idea on top of all the stupid ideas pushed by Chris "Paste Eater" Licht.

This is bad for Trump as they will actually ask him hard questions.

Good luck. I will only believe in the prospect of dishing hard questions when and if CNN recalls Christiane Amanpour from London to do this job.

That's another stupid idea on top of all the stupid ideas pushed by Chris "Paste Eater" Licht.

Good luck. I will only believe in the prospect of dishing hard questions when and if CNN recalls Christiane Amanpour from London to do this job.

She's too foreign. Trump would probably make fun of her accent.

He'd either mumble though her last name intentionally adding syllables or highlight the 'man' part to suggest she's unattractive and therefore has less value than other women.

He'd either mumble though her last name intentionally adding syllables or highlight the 'man' part to suggest she's unattractive and therefore has less value than other women.

Its going to be interesting with Kaitlan Collins. She is usually pretty aggressive in pushing back in real time.

Rich of him if he does when anyone having done enough search knows that his original German surname is Drumpf. Using a few words in German would be a good one to put him off.

Also the “she” part. He doesn’t do well with assertive women.

That is the whole point. She challenged the Iranian foreign minister in an interview in the context of the protests in Iran. She also got an interview with the Iranian president cancelled back in September because she would not budge at all in her refusal to wear a head scarf. If a man wants to become POTUS, better be ready to answer tough questions from journalists, especially from assertive women.

RlU3.gif

I know we are all trying to live in safety of believing Biden likely beats Trump pretty well in a 2024 match up. But when the second major party in a country is running on "seizure of money based on ideological belief" you just have to stop believing that this is going to be an election over ideas. It's quite obviously now about stopping an authoritarian seizing control of the state. He can't be allowed back in.

Former President Donald Trump released a campaign video on Tuesday titled “Higher Education,” in which he outlined plans to seize the endowments of any college or university practicing affirmative action.

Trump began by raging against the “Marxist” takeover of higher education and vowed to change how colleges and universities are accredited so that higher education will reflect values that defend the “American tradition and Western civilization.”

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/t...ing-discrimination-under-the-guise-of-equity/

Must be nearing election season

How many times do we have to say it again? If we want to solve the problem of mass immigration from Central America, it's not through strenghtening the border with troops nor by overusing deportations. People over there only want security and peace, and it all starts with employment opportunities for their young, working-age people. Moving the production of goods in Central America and investing in infrastructures over there is a way to 1) cut the immigration waves by keeping people at work, 2) ensure less issues in supply chains as the Americas are a massive land bridge, and 3) score easy geopolitical points with those countries.

The US government should be providing companies major incentives to move the production back on the American continent and to invest in Central America, just like Japan has been investing ever more in Southeast Asia for the last 30 years.

The perils of getting repeatedly cucked by Micky Mouse

I'm the first to endorse pettiness but I still don't understand how he could be stupid enough to pick a fight against the biggest employer and an actual icon of modern culture (i'm not being sarcastic) over some stance on the culture wars. (Thanks to the poster who explained it to me a while ago, can't believe this is still going on).

I'm the first to endorse pettiness but I still don't understand how he could be stupid enough to pick a fight against the biggest employer and an actual icon of modern culture (i'm not being sarcastic) over some stance on the culture wars. (Thanks to the poster who explained it to me a while ago, can't believe this is still going on).

Its probably somewhat tied to the current grift in the GOP (as shown in recent CBS poll). DeSantis is simply shopping around for the issues GOP voters are interested in at the moment and attempting to exploit them. Only problem is that the issues Republicans care about the most are not those Americans care about the most.

prefer-gop-candidate-who.png

Its probably somewhat tied to the current grift in the GOP (as shown in recent CBS poll). DeSantis is simply shopping around for the issues GOP voters are interested in at the moment and attempting to exploit them. Only problem is that the issues Republicans care about the most are not those Americans care about the most.

prefer-gop-candidate-who.png
I understand that but the first lesson of demagoguery is to attack people who lack the means to defend themselves, be that through lack of funds or public attention. Disney lacks neither.

(I understand he's not very bright, but even village idiots know not to pick fights with certain people).

@WI_Red Is this guy as big a cnut as he seems?

Bigger, apparently, but honestly I am not all that plugged into the statewide political scene unless it was on the 2022 ballot. Cooper is a very popular governor but he is term limited. It will be interesting to see who the Dems run, but I don't see how they win.

As an aside, I find it interesting how some of these deep south states have immensely popular Dem gov's (Cooper and Basheer).