2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

So, Biden is tied with Trump in Wisconsin but he will lose Michigan and Nevada?

I just have a hard time talking all of these polls seriously enough.

Many of the polls are also done with registered voters. On polls done with likely voters, Biden is doing slightly better.

Many of the polls are also done with registered voters. On polls done with likely voters, Biden is doing slightly better.

I would like to point out, the highly rated pollsters has the race being closer than what the lower rated ones has it, and by that i mean, more in favor towards Biden.

Sort of interesting as it's the first of its kind. Undoubtedly will be traced back to some dark money going to some well-named PAC like 'Americans who really enjoy freedom', who are registered in Cayman and have no known shareholdres or board members.

From 400m people in the US, they couldn't get 2 people other than Trump and Biden to be presidents?

From 400m people in the US, they couldn't get 2 people other than Trump and Biden to be presidents?

Neither will see out their full term anyway. I think both parties have just decided it's easier based on polling to run the election with them as a placeholder.

Well, as long as Trump is a presidential candidate, we need Biden. All I want to see is Biden taking the oath of office on January 20, 2025. If he leaves the next day, so be it.

@Raoul that’s good to know. I look forward to see how the polls shape up in the summer.

Well, as long as Trump is a presidential candidate, we need Biden. All I want to see is Biden taking the oath of office on January 20, 2025. If he leaves the next day, so be it.

@Raoul that’s good to know. I look forward to see how the polls shape up in the summer.

Yeah, here's a screen grab from a tv segment yesterday. Biden is clearly doing better among people who actually intend to vote, who are the ones we should be paying most attention to.

EXAGoKj.png

It's absolutely thrilling - Biden's crowning glory is simply that he's not Trump. What an era of inspirational leadership we're blessed with.

They're both old and comparably frail in terms their temperaments. But one can differentiate their policies, which can be individually assessed. Not to mention that one of the two doesn't lie and gaslight the public 24/7.

Last edited:
They're both old and comparably frail in terms their temperaments. But one can differentiate their policies, which can be individually assessed. Not to mention that one of the two doesn't lie and gaslight the public 24/7.

I think a detailed comparison would be great.
  1. Economic Policy:
    • Taxation
    • Government Spending
    • US National Debt
  2. Healthcare Policy:
    • Access and Affordability
    • Quality of Care
  3. Education:
    • Funding and Accessibility
  4. Environmental Policy:
    • Climate Change
    • Conservation and Biodiversity
  5. Foreign Policy and National Security:
    • International Relations
    • Defense and Military
  6. Social Issues:
    • Civil Rights and Liberties
    • Immigration
  7. Technology and Innovation:
    • Innovation and Regulation
  8. Economic and Social Equality:
    • Income and Wealth Inequality
    • Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food assistance
I think Biden was more effective in governance and assembled a stronger team. Each has their shortcomings for distinct reasons. Overall, Biden wins on healthcare policy, environmental initiatives (such as the Green New Deal and the IRA), and social issues (notably in civil rights, though less so in immigration policies), as well as in promoting economic and social equality. On the other hand, Trump wins on the economy (with notable growth and controlled inflation) and foreign policy (avoiding new conflicts, facilitating the Abraham Accords, kept a check on Iran/North Korea).

1. Economic Policy:
    • Taxation
    • Government Spending
    • US National Debt
  2. Healthcare Policy:
    • Quality of Care
  3. Education:
  4. Environmental Policy:
    • Climate Change
    • Defense and Military
  6. Social Issues:
    • Immigration
I think Biden was more effective in governance and assembled a stronger team. Each has their shortcomings for distinct reasons. Overall, Biden wins on healthcare policy, environmental initiatives (such as the Green New Deal and the IRA), and social issues (notably in civil rights, though less so in immigration policies), as well as in promoting economic and social equality. On the other hand, Trump wins on the economy (with notable growth and controlled inflation) and foreign policy (avoiding new conflicts, facilitating the Abraham Accords, kept a check on Iran/North Korea).
wait, what?

1. Economic Policy:
    • Taxation
    • Government Spending
    • US National Debt
  2. Healthcare Policy:
    • Quality of Care
  3. Education:
  4. Environmental Policy:
    • Climate Change
    • Defense and Military
  6. Social Issues:
    • Immigration

:lol:

1. Economic Policy:
    • Taxation
    • Government Spending
    • US National Debt
  2. Healthcare Policy:
    • Quality of Care
  3. Education:
  4. Environmental Policy:
    • Climate Change
    • Defense and Military
  6. Social Issues:
    • Immigration

I think its a bit tricky assess the Trump and Biden economies given that both were affected by a generational black swan event in the pandemic. For example, the economy Biden inherited in 2021 was destined to experience significant inflation as the economy re-inflated itself after falling off a cliff for much of 2020. Likewise, Trump can't be blamed for what happened in his final year because of the lock down shock where half the services industry lost their jobs.

There's an interesting piece here on how Presidents have performed historically on key economic measures.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/from-lbj-to-biden:-how-the-economy-performed-under-each-president

1. Economic Policy:
    • Taxation
    • Government Spending
    • US National Debt
  2. Healthcare Policy:
    • Quality of Care
  3. Education:
  4. Environmental Policy:
    • Climate Change
    • Defense and Military
  6. Social Issues:
    • Immigration

Trump added $8 trillion to the national debt, and gave the largest ever tax cut to the wealthy and corporations. Somehow wins the economy.

Fellating North Korea shouldn't be seen as any kind of accomplishment in International Relations.

Fellating North Korea shouldn't be seen as any kind of accomplishment in International Relations.

Beyond that, the myth that Trump didn't start any new conflicts tied to the implication that Biden has, is another fallacy. Biden should get dinged on the calamitous Afghanistan pullout though (which itself was triggered by Trump's deal with the Taliban to do so).

The Abraham Accords are another red herring. A regularly regurgiated talking point that gets pushed by right wingers to flog the facade that Trump scored a win; wheres all they do is promote Israeli relations with the likes of Bahrain and Morocco, which at the end of the day means the square root of feck all given that it did nothing to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian question. They also gave Kushner a platform to endear himself to MBS, which somehow resulted in the Saudis mysteriously investing in Kushner business interests after he left the administration.

On Iran - he pulled the US out of the Iran nuclear deal, which means they are closer to a nuke. Not sure how this could with a straight face, possibly be pitched as a win for Trump, the US, the region, or the world.

On North Korea - Two photo op meetings for the cameras that gave Kim the credibility of being recognized by the West he's craved for so long. The US received feck all in return.

"The Art of the Deal"

Allienating all the allies whilst drooling over how Putin & Xi have unchecked power wins foreign policy? :confused:

Remember NATO? Have we forgotten his position on that?

You do not have to go and vote to anyone of them, you can vote blank. It will also be counted if you want to practice your democracy rights.

Trump added $8 trillion to the national debt, and gave the largest ever tax cut to the wealthy and corporations. Somehow wins the economy.

The total was $6.7 trillion, with $2.3 trillion attributed to the CARES Act, which was related to coronavirus relief. Biden's expenditures amount to $4.8 trillion plus, but that figure includes $1.9 trillion related to the Rescue Plan Act. And yes, to @Raoul's point, the economic picture did get muddled up by COVID-19, and the subsequent shutdowns - though the economy was stronger under Trump (GDP, inflation, poverty rate, income per capita etc.)

Beyond that, the myth that Trump didn't start any new conflicts tied to the implication that Biden has, is another fallacy. Biden should get dinged on the calamitous Afghanistan pullout though (which itself was triggered by Trump's deal with the Taliban to do so).

The Abraham Accords are another red herring. A regularly regurgiated talking point that gets pushed by right wingers to flog the facade that Trump scored a win; wheres all they do is promote Israeli relations with the likes of Bahrain and Morocco, which at the end of the day means the square root of feck all given that it did nothing to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian question. They also gave Kushner a platform to endear himself to MBS, which somehow resulted in the Saudis mysteriously investing in Kushner business interests after he left the administration.

On Iran - he pulled the US out of the Iran nuclear deal, which means they are closer to a nuke. Not sure how this could with a straight face, possibly be pitched as a win for Trump, the US, the region, or the world.

On North Korea - Two photo op meetings for the cameras that gave Kim the credibility of being recognized by the West he's craved for so long. The US received feck all in return.

"The Art of the Deal"

I'll write a response later to compare both.

The total was $6.7 trillion, with $2.3 trillion attributed to the CARES Act, which was related to coronavirus relief. Biden's expenditures amount to $4.8 trillion plus, but that figure includes $1.9 trillion related to the Rescue Plan Act. And yes, to @Raoul's point, the economic picture did get muddled up by COVID-19, and the subsequent shutdowns - though the economy was stronger under Trump (GDP, inflation, poverty rate, income per capita etc.)

Nope, it was $7.8 trillion. Source.

Allienating all the allies whilst drooling over how Putin & Xi have unchecked power wins foreign policy? :confused:

It's just crazy, I know. When anyone sees how Putin and Xi basically alienated themselves all countries they should build relations with, I don't see how they can be seen as winners.