2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

The absence of spectators makes it very odd. Seems like it should have been done in 2020.

The absence of spectators makes it very odd. Seems like it should have been done in 2020.
There are spectators, it's just people are congregated along the river. They're not exactly involved, nor seeing all that much though.

Supposed to be a love heart..but looks like a pair of bollocks.

@hobbers get in here. We need some of your famous positivity to lift our spirits.

Is it just the BBC with the awful acoustics and constaint rainpour or is it on other broadcasters too? Sounds shite

I like it. It's flawed but cool. The french are celebrating their city and culture, better than the boring usual stuff.

I like it. It's flawed but cool. The french are celebrating their city and culture, better than the boring usual stuff.
My take exactly. Usually, you have some show and then like 2 hours of athletes marching, which is boring.

Today, the athletes look like having a good time too.

My take exactly. Usually, you have some show and then like 2 hours of athletes marching, which is boring.

Yup. First time watching the athletes or being forced to watch them.

Good job this isn't the Thames they'd be sinking the boats.

How they are going to fit us or china in the parade? Using a destroyer?
They managed to fit the Chinese and their mountains of PEDs on one of the earlier boats.

I much prefer this aspect of it.

It seems more efficient but not leaving much time to spot and talk about athletes representing each country.

They already celebrated their culture hours ago when they disrupted the public transport.

I much prefer this aspect of it.

It seems more efficient but not leaving much time to spot and talk about athletes representing each country.
I appreciate that point.

But, many would skip this part in a usual ceremony while today people are watching a show and the athletes at the same time, thus making you stick longer.

GB coming.