2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

I wonder if this is how everybody else felt in 2012. While we were loving it, they were scratching their heads thinking "what is this shite?"

I don't mind this, something different, even if I have no clue what's going on. Generally I find opening ceremonies boring anyway so it is what it is.

The most memorable ones for me will probably always be London (as it's a home Olympics) and the Beijing one (the first Olympics I remember very well and iirc the ceremony was quite a show).

I don't mind this, something different. Generally I find opening ceremonies boring anyway so it is what it is.

The most memorable ones for me will probably always be London (as it's a home Olympics) and the Beijing one (the first Olympics I remember very well and iirc the ceremony was quite a show).
I liked Beijing’s too, but I like something new. It’s not easy to come up with something new and allow many people to watch.

I wasn’t impressed by the one in London. Nothing to be remembered from that Olympics (other than Federer losing badly to Murray).

I don’t think doing it outside a stadium is really working, not the athlete’s parade or the other stuff. This sort of thing works so much better in a contained space, and not sure the Paris waterfront is interesting enough visually to justify doing it this way. Trust the French to overthink things and try and reinvent the wheel.

I wonder if this is how everybody else felt in 2012. While we were loving it, they were scratching their heads thinking "what is this shite?"
Yeah think we all thought that at first and then realised how epic the whole show was but this a bit different, this is a bit different they’re confined to the streets and river.

Yeah think we all thought that at first and then realised how epic the whole show was but this a bit different, this is a bit different they’re confined to the streets and river.
This is more difficult to pull off.

By the way, the athletes seem to be enjoying themselves. This is better than the typical parade we’re you get cheers for 1 minutes and then you stand for hours in the dark.

Still trying to figure how Snoop Dog fits into all of this.
From Sky Sports comments section

For any folks back home in the UK who are scratching their heads wondering why Snoop is there, he had a satirical Olympic highlights show on NBC for Tokyo and (I think) the Beijing winter games. They are keeping him on as a special correspondent while Kevin Hart and Keenan Thompson are doing the main highlights shows.

I don’t think doing it outside a stadium is really working, not the athlete’s parade or the other stuff. This sort of thing works so much better in a contained space, and not sure the Paris waterfront is interesting enough visually to justify doing it this way. Trust the French to overthink things and try and reinvent the wheel.

The problem is that all shots show only a smattering of people at the river front. Looks like the Athletes far outnumber the spectators.

For any folks back home in the UK who are scratching their heads wondering why Snoop is there, he had a satirical Olympic highlights show on NBC for Tokyo and (I think) the Beijing winter games. They are keeping him on as a special correspondent while Kevin Hart and Keenan Thompson are doing the main highlights shows.