2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

I appreciate that point.

But, many would skip this part in a usual ceremony while today people are watching a show and the athletes at the same time, thus making you stick longer.

GB coming.
That is true, it's probably for the better too. They will get their focus in the games themselves.

It seems a bit unfair that some of the smaller teams share one of those big boats, while they stick some of them on little dinghies which look close to capsizing when they jump around

Looks like a lot of athletes have given this a miss and watching it from the village, bit shit if you are swimmer as your event start in 13 hours.

It's a shame about the weather, it looks like the athletes are enjoying it but it looks grim out there.

Looks like a lot of athletes have given this a miss and watching it from the village, bit shit if you are swimmer as your event start in 13 hours.
Some have already started. The French Olympic diving team started 2 days ago. They won 3-0.

Did the commentator say that Ireland kept their flag secret for this Olympics till today?

The Uk includes all the foreign territories that your Olympic team doesn’t.

It's the opposite, there's territories such as isle of man amongst others which aren't technically in the UK but are part of GB.

The Uk includes all the foreign territories that your Olympic team doesn’t.

I think it's the other way around, and neither GB or UK fits overall. Mark Cavendish for example wouldn't fall under the UK as he's from the isle of man. The Falkland Islands are under team GB as well I think and not in the UK

Only in Paris you can do this because there are so many iconic places, because of all the history, culture, literature, art and what not.

My kid loved this part.

So should be UK really.
There’s a bit of a complication with that, because athletes from Northern Ireland have the option of representing either GB or Ireland. A lot of Olympic sports are organised on an all-Ireland basis, as their organising bodies were founded before Irish independence. So therefore the two Olympic teams are GB and Ireland.

I think it's the other way around, and neither GB or UK fits overall. Mark Cavendish for example wouldn't fall under the UK as he's from the isle of man. The Falkland Islands are under team GB as well I think and not in the UK
Oh yeah, I recall having this discussion 4 years ago now :lol: makes sense.

France's national anthem a banger but why have they squeezed it halfway into the opening ceremony.