2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

KJT top the end of the first day of the heptathlon. I really hope she can keep it together in the second day. It would be GB’s most emotional gold if she can do it.

I suspect you might be right. Can’t believe some people have been comparing him to Bolt. Bolt had fun but was still respectful and everyone loved him - he never set out to wind people up
Yeah, Lyles is a clown. Bolt was affably charming. Super confident without being arrogant. He just knew he was the best and somehow managed to entertain and have fun with it at the same time. Always gracious and respectful to his fellow athletes. Lyles mistakes all of that for being clownish, arrogant and obnoxious. It’s genuinely laughable the comparisons to Bolt.

I get it to a certain degree. Athletics is desperate for a character to replace Bolt and spark track and field back to life on the global stage. But that’s only going to happen through monstrous, wonderful performances; not all the antics in pressers and pre-race bollocks.

Tara Davis-Woodhall takes gold in the long jump.

I hope that Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone doesn’t lose this one. Nothing is guaranteed on the track.

I don’t think Sydney pushed herself yet, she’s been saving it for this.