2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Biden's to lose. People will want stability and normalcy after this shitshow and the dems will love the Obama connection. Biden appeals to the centre more than any other dem candidate and that's what wins elections.
4 years ago you could be describing Hillary...

4 years ago you could be describing Hillary...

Biden does feel a bit like Hillary four years ago, or perhaps even more so, Hillary v Obama in 2008. Establishment choice who seems to have the best chance of winning, coronated because it’s (finally) “his turn”, etc. Seems like he may go into next year as clear front runner only to get unceremoniously detailed by a younger upstart like Beto or someone else in the younger bracket.

Biden does feel a bit like Hillary four years ago, or perhaps even more so, Hillary v Obama in 2008. Establishment choice who seems to have the best chance of winning, coronated because it’s (finally) “his turn”, etc. Seems like he may go into next year as clear front runner only to get unceremoniously detailed by a younger upstart like Beto or someone else in the younger bracket.
Biden is an even worse choice than Hillary running again.

Polls mean nothing at this stage. BetoORouke saying he does not know if he's a progressive as just admitted he is whatever cooperate wants him to be .

far too early. Most is name recognition.
The final nominee may not even be on the polls.
It will be someone who resonates. Trust. Not just anti-Trump.

Also, who is the one making this polls? what people are being asked?

Fake polls are used all the time to gain something.

In this case, when we know that the democratic party and the republicans prefer Biden over Sanders, i wouldn't trust any fecking poll.

Also, who is the one making this polls? what people are being asked?

Fake polls are used all the time to gain something.

In this case, when we know that the democratic party and the republicans prefer Biden over Sanders, i wouldn't trust any fecking poll.

Assuming you're talking about the poll that was posted on last page on this very subject, all it takes to know who made it is to click the link in the tweet. While it's good to have some healthy scepticism about polling, this particular pollster at least has an A- rating at FiveThirtyEight, so I don't think there's much reason to suspect that it's any kind of fake poll.

Whether or not it actually means anything at this stage is a different question entirely.

Assuming you're talking about the poll that was posted on last page on this very subject, all it takes to know who made it is to click the link in the tweet. While it's good to have some healthy scepticism about polling, this particular pollster at least has an A- rating at FiveThirtyEight, so I don't think there's much reason to suspect that it's any kind of fake poll.

Whether or not it actually means anything at this stage is a different question entirely.

Yep. The polls at this stage are more like a name recognition contest among hypothetical candidates as oppposed to a "who would you vote for if the election were held today" type polls we see during the latter stages of election cycles. The only thing of note in the CNN poll is that Beto has soared past everyone except Sanders and Biden, which is good news in terms of his national level profile rising in recent months. If he were to actually declare that he's running in a few months then I would guess he would instantly begin in the top 2.

And who are this FiveThirtyEight guys? Only 10 years online? :annoyed:

Just check SRSS clients and partnerships...

Who do you think they work to please? The clients who pay them (who would be happier with some results more than others), or random citizens looking for truthful information?

Politics in USA are way too dirty, nothing can be trusted. Even fecking Bernie Sanders cannot be blindly trusted.

Who do you think they work to please? The clients who pay them (who would be happier with some results more than others), or random citizens looking for truthful information?

Politics in USA are way too dirty, nothing can be trusted. Even fecking Bernie Sanders cannot be blindly trusted.

Jill Stein it is then.

Ah, you're one of those... Okay, never mind then.

At least she walks the talk. Actions are worth more than simple words.

You can say that again

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you trolling right now? Is this a brilliant piece of Striker10 cosplay?

Obviously I'm joking. Nobody knows what the feck is going on in that dinner. Not much you can extrapolate from that picture.

kellertim.png

This guy is also trustworthy. I'm yet to met a guy who listens to heavy metal and is a corrupted dick.
Albuquerque is lucky to have him.

Obviously I'm joking. Nobody knows what the feck is going on in that dinner. Not much you can extrapolate from that picture.

kellertim.png

This guy is also trustworthy. I'm yet to met a guy who listens to heavy metal and is a corrupted dick.
Looks like Aaron Eckhart

Polls mean nothing at this stage. BetoORouke saying he does not know if he's a progressive as just admitted he is whatever cooperate wants him to be .
The modern right has turned 'progressive' into a poisonous word. He is right to dodge the label for now.

Cooperate on the other hand is a good buzzword for him.

kellertim.png

Tim Keller "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The modern right has turned 'progressive' into a poisonous word. He is right to dodge the label for now.

Cooperate on the other hand is a good buzzword for him.

Its generally a good idea for all politicians to avoid the various labels since they are only giving the opposition free reign to frame them. Same thing happened with LIBERAL in the 80s and 90s.

Gillibrand was on the Van Jones' show. She came across as bland and devoid of any charisma.

Gillibrand was on the Van Jones' show. She came across as bland and devoid of any charisma.

Sounds about right. She has zero political profile but that's fairly normal among the usual gaggle of wanna be contenders for both parties around this time in the cycle. Plenty of people who farcically think they have what it takes until they get smoked out by reality over the next 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.