2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
PASS THE TORCH

In fairness to Swalwell he did give us the great moment where he broke Buttigieg

For all those in this forum, what are your top 3 issues you want the candidate you support to address?

Immigration, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Deficit...?
not being an american Id say
Foreign policy (does any candidate accept that other parts of the world are going to increase in power and although the USA may remain the pre-eminent power their advantage will erode - or do they seek to stop that)
Trade policy (will the isolationism and protectionism continue or be reduced)
Environmental (we share the same ecosystem so what steps will america take e.g. paris accord a commitment to carbon neutrality by 2050 etc)

Are you also drinking that kool aid :lol:

No, I’m reading Natasha.

Seems like Trump took some DOJ investigators to London with him who were part of the team investigating his “oranges”. They were supposed to discredit Steele. He had said that he was going to tackle May about the dodgy dossier but it looks like it may have backfired a bit. Reads like the investigators were impressed with Steele and as a result it has delayed the IG report.

Are you also drinking that kool aid :lol:

No one is Nostradamus here.
But we are making predictions based on facts.

Biden does not have any policies.
He has baggage we were not aware of or was not highlighted.
All he has done is go the Hillary route of keeping Obama policies and saying we need to get rid of Trump.

Hardly comforting.

Think Trump will crush Biden, regardless of what some polls say right now. Biden is just very unlikeable, and will not energize the party base to come vote (aka Hillary MK 2). I'm not sure his record under Obama is anything to write home about either.

Biden will be last in 6 months.

Both Warren and Sanders agree on pretty much most major issues. There are some minor differences and none on Immigration, Healthcare, Guns etc. In fact I don't see Harris differing much from Sanders/Warren too. The split in votes will just help Biden. Their difference is more ideological rather than issue based.

Biden is the only one who differs from the trio and offers alternatives to voters.

Both Warren and Sanders agree on pretty much most major issues. There are some minor differences and none on Immigration, Healthcare, Guns etc. In fact I don't see Harris differing much from Sanders/Warren too. The split in votes will just help Biden. Their difference is more ideological rather than issue based.

Biden is the only one who differs from the trio and offers alternatives to voters.

What is he offering :confused:

Bernie is further left than Warren.
For example he wants to expand Social Security.

Things will get clearer as we approach Iowa.

Biden does not have any policies. His only plus is he used to be Obama's VP.

Bernie is further left than Warren.
For example he wants to expand Social Security.

Things will get clearer as we approach Iowa.

Biden does not have any policies. His only plus is he used to be Obama's VP.

Hardly call that a plus, Obama was not all that.

Importantly Biden will be a poor candidate to oppose Trump. He offers no substance. All he is saying Trump is bad.
That is not going to persuade any Trump voter to switch. And for others. They know Trump is bad.
So what solutions does Biden have?

Hardly call that a plus, Obama was not all that.

Like it or not many have fond memories of the Obama presidency especially as compared to Trump.
Just the decency and respect the country had then. Mostly it is nostalgia.
In terms of actual policies he at least started some work on Health Care and did save the Motor Industry and the economy from nosediving.

It'll be a lot closer wither way. Trump had the deal maker factor running for him last election. That will be muted if not totally gone this election.

What Trump has going for him is his supporters have been given a voice. it is now acceptable to be a racist.
There is enthusiasm.

But there are more Democrats.
But no enthusiasm.

Will voters show up?

Continuation of Obama policies and improve them. Not saying this is better, but just an alternative for voters.

In which major issue does Warren, Sanders and Harris differ from each other?

Harris is fast proving to be your typical politician. Say one thing and go back immediately.

Bernie wants to expand Social Security and his debt forgiveness for students goes much further.

Continuation of Obama policies and improve them. Not saying this is better, but just an alternative for voters.

In which major issue does Warren, Sanders and Harris differ from each other?

He's been incoherent about that. If anything it's an assumption (that's probably right), but all I hear from him is "we gotta defeat Trump".

I think Harris differs on healthcare and tax reform. Sanders and Warren definitely belong in the same bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.