2018 US Elections

In 2020 Democrats will have to defend Doug Jones seat in Alabama which will be tough in an election year. Delaware, Illinois, Mass, NJ, NM, Oregon and RI should be easy retained seats for them. Michigan, Minnesota, NH, and Virginia will be the other competitive seats they will have to defend.

Republicans should retain Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, SC, SD, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming. They should have tough races to retain in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, and NC. Texas as well if Beto is the candidate.

So that's a total of 11 competitive races by my count ( I actually think 10 because I don't see Doug Jones retaining his seat in a presidential election year). Safe seats sees the Dems retain 7 and Reps retain 17, that's a margin of 10 with only 10 competitive races, so I don't see a path for the Democrats to get back control of the Senate in 2020.

Regardless of what we see as safe seats for each party, the GOP are defending 21 seats while the Democrats defend 11.

You only need to look at the 20/30 point swings in this years elections to realise that the GOP have got their work cut out.

Minnesota, and Virginia are seats Dems have to defend = :lol:
Mark Warner won by what 1% last time out and while Tina Smith is imo a great candidate, Hillary only won MN by 2 points in 2016, would be a mistake for the Dems to consider that a safe blue state in 2020.

Mark Warner won by what 1% last time out and while Tina Smith is imo a great candidate, Hillary only won MN by 2 points in 2016, would be a mistake for the Dems to consider that a safe blue state in 2020.
So in a terrible, no good at all shellacking as 2014, Warner still won, Clinton carried VA in a night past blue states like MI, WI, PA flipped, and now after the GOP just got destroyed yet again in the state, it’s competitive? It’s about as competitive as Texas even if Beto runs again (= he’ll lose again by 3-5 points).

Same logic for MN. I would even consider NH to be in the same position as well given how Hassan won in 2016, but that state does have a streak of ticket splitting.

With Jones’s seat certainly to be a loss, it’d be a +3 scenario and there are multiple ways they get to that number with a strong top of the ticket. They picked up 2 in 2016 having nowhere near as favourable a map and Clinton as nominee. Saying otherwise is flat out idiotic or Trumpian dishonest.

In 2020 Democrats will have to defend Doug Jones seat in Alabama which will be tough in an election year. Delaware, Illinois, Mass, NJ, NM, Oregon and RI should be easy retained seats for them. Michigan, Minnesota, NH, and Virginia will be the other competitive seats they will have to defend.

Republicans should retain Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, SC, SD, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming. They should have tough races to retain in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, and NC. Texas as well if Beto is the candidate.

So that's a total of 11 competitive races by my count ( I actually think 10 because I don't see Doug Jones retaining his seat in a presidential election year). Safe seats sees the Dems retain 7 and Reps retain 17, that's a margin of 10 with only 10 competitive races, so I don't see a path for the Democrats to get back control of the Senate in 2020.

Other than the Alabama seat, none of the others are difficult for the Democrats.

Texas should be Ok for the Republicans. I don't think Beto will run again.
AZ, CO,IA, MA and NC will be competitive for them.

Other than the Alabama seat, none of the others are difficult for the Democrats.

Texas should be Ok for the Republicans. I don't think Beto will run again.
AZ, CO,IA, MA and NC will be competitive for them.

AZ and CO are definitely trending blue of late. Would be surprised to see AZ go blue in 2020.

Thanks.

Remember, this is the ‘moderate’ GOP guy who was supposed to rein Trump in when he started.

You raise taxes on the people who traditionally vote for you in that state while cutting taxes for basically everyone else then blame losing the election on people counting all the votes? Only Paul Ryan.

Can guarantuee he will be on the ticket in 2024. Odious piece of shit.

Tanden is generally considered a highly annoying establishment hack, so maybe posting the content off of someone else's tweet may make it a bit more palatable to consider.
Whatever happened to attack the post not the poster and all that?

I provided a source (thread) which one single click would reveal the relevant article written by a local news outlet. If he’s too lazy to do that and prefer to wallow in his ignorance then it’s up to him.

Whatever happened to attack the post not the poster and all that?

I provided a source (thread) which one single click would reveal the relevant article written by a local news outlet. If he’s too lazy to do that and prefer to wallow in his ignorance then it’s up to him.

Are you Neera Tanden ? If not, then I'm not attacking you.

Are you Neera Tanden ? If not, then I'm not attacking you.
No, what I meant is obvious. Read the content provided then judge for yourself, don’t dismiss it out of hand because it’s ‘a random tweet’.

Same goes for everything else. I had my doubts regarding the WikiLeaks dump in 2016 for instance considering the source but still read it rather than not even bothering to. Anyway I’ve provided another source as well on top of the original so let’s see what his reply is (should he bother to, that is).

No, what I meant is obvious. Read the content provided then judge for yourself, don’t dismiss it out of hand because it’s ‘a random tweet’.

Same goes for everything else. I had my doubts regarding the WikiLeaks dump in 2016 for instance considering the source but still read it rather than not even bothering to. Anyway I’ve provided another source as well on top of the original so let’s see what his reply is (should he bother to, that is).

Its a pretty simple situation. Post something by Mensch or Abramson and you're likely to get one reaction. Post the same content by Bertrand or Vanity Fair and you'll get a different one.

Its a pretty simple situation. Post something by Mensch or Abramson and you're likely to get one reaction. Post the same content by Bertrand or Vanity Fair and you'll get a different one.
If Mensch and Abramson source is trumpkillsmydog.com, sure.

It’s a pretty simple situation. Extend the minimal effort to read/watch is offered in the discussion. Aren’t you a big fan of that regarding the IDW crew?

I’d even do more of the job now.

Republicans never gave a flying feck about integrity of election. They didn’t even punish *actual* in-person voter ID fraud when it benefits them.

People post single tweets in here and other politics threads all the time, it just so happened that the one IB posted summarises the situation pretty neatly in a single tweet.

If it gets proven, seems like an election re-run and jailtime kind of situation?

The Republicans clearly stole the Georgia elections.
Abrahms rightly did not concede.
Sherod Brown correctly said the elections were stolen.
The Republican do anything to steal elections.
Not allowing voters to vote is basic stuff.

Where I stay for example they sent out nasty flyers that my state rep colluded with Muslim terrorists. The irony is her opponent is non white.
He came when my wife was outside asking for her vote. She said she voted.

I told her it was a pity. If I had been there I would have said I voted for the white girl.

If Mensch and Abramson source is trumpkillsmydog.com, sure.

It’s a pretty simple situation. Extend the minimal effort to read/watch is offered in the discussion. Aren’t you a big fan of that regarding the IDW crew?

I’d even do more of the job now.

Republicans never gave a flying feck about integrity of election. They didn’t even punish *actual* in-person voter ID fraud when it benefits them.

MSNBC now reporting on this.

House GOP campaign committee says it was victim of "cyber intrusion" during 2018 campaign ,has notified FBI.

*committed election fraud*

*got busted*

*pass legislation to nullify any consequence from said busting*

US democracy in action, ladies and gents.

*got busted*

The bill linked in that tweet seems to me to be far more invidious than just obstructing an investigation. In 2016 two former governors won a court battle regarding who has the power to appoint members to state commissions. The court ruled that this power lies with the governor, not the legislature. I might be wrong but it seems that now the people of North Carolina have returned a Democratic governor the legislature is seeking to undermine this power by wholly removing the commissions themselves.

You only need to look at which commissions they're attempting to scrap to garner some idea of their intentions.

The bill linked in that tweet seems to me to be far more invidious than just obstructing an investigation. In 2016 two former governors won a court battle regarding who has the power to appoint members to state commissions. The court ruled that that power lay with the governor, not the legislature. I might be wrong but it seems that now the people of North Carolina have returned a Democratic governor the legislature is seeking to undermine this power by wholly removing the commissions themselves.
They already did similar after he got elected, and now are doing the same to the newly elected govs in MI and WI.

These scums can’t be reasoned with, they must be fought and removed.

They already did similar after he got elected, and now are doing the same to the newly elected govs in MI and WI.

These scums can’t be reasoned with, they must be fought and removed.

North Carolina is totally septic. Despite clearly representing the majority of its citizens Democrats face a Republican supermajority in the state senate and just shy of one in the state house. I knew it was similar in Wisconsin - didn't know about Michigan though. Wherever they are these bastards don't give a damn about democracy or justice.

Sometimes I feel we should just shoot the entire political class dead.
This is banana republic level of corruption.

*got busted*

The GOP is just a collection of mob lawyers. I've said it many times, they are a clear and present danger to this country.