2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

They also locked the bathrooms, and stopped any food delivery, to "encourage" delegates to leave :lol:'

So Trump warns of a poor relationship with David Cameron and also says he doesn't care about the new Mayor of London. All because they criticised him. What a feckin petulant prick. Karma seems to be missing from this situation.

http://news.sky.com/story/1696772/donald-trump-takes-aim-at-cameron-and-khan

EDIT, I wrote this on my phone earlier while my Mrs was driving to work. This has really irked me, and not because it's my country, or my Prime Minister or anything, but more because it just shows how completely inept and unqualified Drumpf is to be President. It also shows how fecking childish he is. Is this how he will behave to all leaders around the world?

He said Sadiq Khan, the new London Mayor was "ignorant" and also that he had "wished him well" when finding out he was elected, but now "doesn't care about him"

I mean seriously? What the feck is that? You didn't invite me to your party so i'm not inviting you to mine ner, ner, ner, ner, ner!

What a spiteful, ignorant, childish, idiot. It just shows how immature and thick he is, as I said before, a complete imbecile and exceptionally stupid. I sincerely hope the rest of the Worlds leaders come out and criticise him as well, I'd love to see his reaction then when they all start queueing up to take pot shots at him. However, that begs the question as to why so few have so far?

Last edited:
So Trump warns of a poor relationship with David Cameron and also says he doesn't care about the new Mayor of London. All because they criticised him. What a feckin petulant prick. Karma seems to be missing from this situation.

http://news.sky.com/story/1696772/donald-trump-takes-aim-at-cameron-and-khan

EDIT, I wrote this on my phone earlier while my Mrs was driving to work. This has really irked me, and not because it's my country, or my Prime Minister or anything, but more because it just shows how completely inept and unqualified Drumpf is to be President. It also shows how fecking childish he is. Is this how he will behave to all leaders around the world?

He said Sadiq Khan, the new London Mayor was "ignorant" and also that he had "wished him well" when finding out he was elected, but now "doesn't care about him"

I mean seriously? What the feck is that? You didn't invite me to your party so i'm not inviting you to mine ner, ner, ner, ner, ner!

What a spiteful, ignorant, childish, idiot. It just shows how immature and thick he is, as I said before, a complete imbecile and exceptionally stupid. I sincerely hope the rest of the Worlds leaders come out and criticise him as well, I'd love to see his reaction then when they all start queueing up to take pot shots at him. However, that begs the question as to why so few have so far?

Trumps final quote to Piers Morgan regarding Sadiq Khan was 'I will remember those words' as though its some kind of veiled threat.

He is a vindictive and petty minded egoist who bear grudges and seeks revenge on his perceived sleights. Its pathetic for a supposedly aged and mature man to behave this way. Like you say, I can't imagine how he will react if he became President, when all criticism should be fair game to retain checks and balances.

I have faith in the US electorate. If they were able to overcome systemic racism to appoint Obama, then Im sure they will also understand the disastrous and dangerous situation they would create by appointing Donald Trump as president.

Last edited:
Dissing foreign leaders or anyone else who dares criticize him will play well with the insane clown posse who have been supporting him. Fortunately for the rest of us, the siege mentality approach he's been using with 40% of the GOP wont transfer well towards the broader electorate that can't stand him, which makes it hard to see any plausible path towards him winning, unless Hillary completely implodes by way of getting indicted for the emails.

Hillary is extremely lucky that the GOP cannot come up with a half decent nominee.
I think even Mitt Romney would be able to beat her.

Dissing foreign leaders or anyone else who dares criticize him will play well with the insane clown posse who have been supporting him. Fortunately for the rest of us, the siege mentality approach he's been using with 40% of the GOP wont transfer well towards the broader electorate that can't stand him, which makes it hard to see any plausible path towards him winning, unless Hillary completely implodes by way of getting indicted for the emails.

what are the demographics and psychographics of this 'posse'?

what are the demographics and psychographics of this 'posse'?

A bizarre coalition of strange bedfellows - a large number seem to be refugees from the anti-establishment tea party movement, typically angry disaffected white males who are upset about everything from multiculturalism, political correctness, globalization ("exporting of jobs"), white nationalists, and general demagogic opportunists who think they can get something out of a Trump Presidency. Fortunately, at least in terms of demographics, its difficult to win the Presidency in the current climate without significant support from minority groups, which Trump has been insulting in order to appeal to all the other groups I just listed. So it won't be easy for him, especially as the media seem to be galvanizing behind a campaign of exposing his BS.

Check out the ESPN 30 for 30 'Small Potatoes' about the USFL startup and demise. It features heavily on Trump (made in 2009) and how his arrival to the USFL changed the direction of the upstart league. This is exactly the kind of asshole, arrogant person he is.

He had "better words" back then. "Predicated"? Good job Donald.

He's such a douche. I think he has a lawyer fetish.

A bizarre coalition of strange bedfellows - a large number seem to be refugees from the anti-establishment tea party movement, typically angry disaffected white males who are upset about everything from multiculturalism, political correctness, globalization ("exporting of jobs"), white nationalists, and general demagogic opportunists who think they can get something out of a Trump Presidency. Fortunately, at least in terms of demographics, its difficult to win the Presidency in the current climate without significant support from minority groups, which Trump has been insulting in order to appeal to all the other groups I just listed. So it won't be easy for him, especially as the media seem to be galvanizing behind a campaign of exposing his BS.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

So its a niche within a niche of the GOP vote. Is it likely he will get any stray democrat floating voters or fans of Apprentice TV show?

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to explain.

So its a niche within a niche of the GOP vote. Its highly uni;likely he will get any stray democrat floating voters or fans of Apprentice TV show?

I think he may pick up some Dem votes in places like West Virginia, Kentucky, and the southerns states, but it won't be enough to win the Presidency since whatever he gains will be offset by the staggering numbers who will turn out to simply vote against him, especially hispanics, women, and blacks.

He will be strong in the Rust Belt, probably will take Ohio or run Clinton close but other than that, not much else. He got a big turn out in the PA primary but Dems still got more votes than GOP overall and they traditionally can squeeze out stratospheric turn out in Philly and Pittsburgh. Without taking PA, the Rust Belt strategy won't work. NJ and NY are pipe dreams.

Trump is really like that spoilt child who could do no wrong in his parents eyes .If he's getting bent out of shape now ,it will get a whole lot tougher as President.

06debate.xlarge10.jpg

They also locked the bathrooms, and stopped any food delivery, to "encourage" delegates to leave :lol:'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...urdays-dramatic-nevada-democratic-convention/

The Sanders supporters were trying to get them to reconsider delegates who couldn't be bothered to register as Democrats in time to count. Caucuses are inherently undemocratic, but they're what has helped Bernie win delegates. The fact that they were upset at the party because their delegates didn't adhere to the established rules says a lot.

I think he may pick up some Dem votes in places like West Virginia, Kentucky, and the southerns states, but it won't be enough to win the Presidency since whatever he gains will be offset by the staggering numbers who will turn out to simply vote against him, especially hispanics, women, and blacks.

Sounds about right

Last edited:
Trumps final quote to Piers Morgan regarding Sadiq Khan was 'I will remember those words' as though its some kind of veiled threat.

He is a vindictive and petty minded egoist who bear grudges and seeks revenge on his perceived sleights. Its pathetic for a supposedly aged and mature man to behave this way. Like you say, I can't imagine how he will react if he became President, when all criticism should be fair game to retain checks and balances.

I have faith in the US electorate. If they were able to overcome systemic racism to appoint Obama, then Im sure they will also understand the disastrous and dangerous situation they would create by appointing Donald Trump as president.

I agree completely with you on the first two sentences, many of us have been saying the same for months.

With regards to the US electorate, I wish I could share your certainty, after all, they did elect George W Bush. Twice! I also can't see him getting elected either, and think along the lines of @Raoul, however I am slightly more worried simply because I said that about him just getting the Republican nomination. I thought he would be found out and laughed off months ago, or that he would implode, and none of that happened and in the end he won quite easily. Now his numbers are rising and he is catching Hillary in many national polls, and it's slightly worrisome. He's a fecking snake oil salesman and the worst thing anyone can do (as proven thus far) is underestimate him. There are plenty of thick or disinterested people out there that will vote for him and not care about the consequences.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/o...-much-democracy-in-america-or-too-little.html

@langster
There was a good article in I think rolling stone about trump-his responses are simple predictable tit-for-tat. He MUST respond to his name being seen anywhere in any media.

Thanks mate, I will have a look for that. :)

I agree completely with you on the first two sentences, many of us have been saying the same for months.

With regards to the US electorate, I wish I could share your certainty, after all, they did elect George W Bush. Twice! I also can't see him getting elected either, and think along the lines of @Raoul, however I am slightly more worried simply because I said that about him just getting the Republican nomination. I thought he would be found out and laughed off months ago, or that he would implode, and none of that happened and in the end he won quite easily. Now his numbers are rising and he is catching Hillary in many national polls, and it's slightly worrisome. He's a fecking snake oil salesman and the worst thing anyone can do (as proven thus far) is underestimate him. There are plenty of thick or disinterested people out there that will vote for him and not care about the consequences.

Thanks mate, I will have a look for that. :)

With the crap Hillary gets up to sometimes , its as if she wants Trump to win.

Yeah won't really prove a thing unless the bruising in question is built the same way and out of the same materials as the Towers. Plus will do zero to prove who was or was not behind it.
Would be interesting to watch tbf.

Hillary is extremely lucky that the GOP cannot come up with a half decent nominee.
I think even Mitt Romney would be able to beat her.

Nothing wrong with being lucky. Heck Bill was a little fortunate when he ran. Bush the First was coming off the Gulf War and extremely popular, looked unbeatable. Many of the top Democrat names of the day Mario Cuomo, Sam Nunn, Bill Bradley, Tom Foley, Dick Gephardt, George Mitchell, Pat Schroeder, Ann Richards, Al Gore (though Gore's stated reason for not running was his son's accident and recovery, it should be noted it did not prevent him from taking the VP nomination once it was offered and Bush now appeared beatable) all refused to run. Then Governor Clinton might have beaten any and all of them and gone on to be President, but then again maybe not, no way to prove it one way or the other.

Last edited:
With the crap Hillary gets up to sometimes , its as if she wants Trump to win.

Yeah, I get you there, mate.

So I just caught up with a story I missed last week. Trump pretending to be his own agent years ago then came out and admitted he was only pretending and having a laugh, then the story resurfaced this week and live on TV he said it's the first time he has ever heard anything about it, and the voice on the phone wasn't him and he didn't have a clue what they were on about. :lol: You really couldn't make this shit up. The man is a pathological liar, he needs help. :lol:

How can all this not make bigger news? I can't understand how he is not being systematically destroyed by every single news organisation out there? More to the point, I can't understand how people are still fecking voting for him? It's like some really bad reality tv show.

You guys here on a footy forum talk a lot more sense about American politics than most Americans.

Would be interesting to watch tbf.

Seen it already, once was enough. That being said, it actually would be interesting to watch. No matter what happens it would feed the various theories out there. Just the fact that you could remote pilot a jet into a building will the internet going (even though in reality that technology has been around a very long time). End of the day, people would take from the test what they wanted that fits their beliefs of what really happened that day.

For decades, Oregon has been at the forefront of making it easier to vote. Two decades ago, the state began offering each and every eligible resident the option to vote by mail. Oregon later became the first to conduct all its elections by mail. Then, in 2015, Oregon became the first state in the nation to automatically register voters every time they visit a Department of Motor Vehicles.

The new “Motor Voter” policy has added more than 67,000 new voters to the state’s voter rolls, and officials are hoping Tuesday’s primary will have record turnout. The new system has especially been a boon for young voters; since September, the number of registered voters between the ages of 18 and 29 has increased 21 percent.

Yet thousands of voters who received ballots in the mail over the past few weeks may have been surprised to learn they can’t cast a vote in the presidential primaries. Oregon operates closed primaries, meaning that only registered Democrats can decide between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton, and only registered Republicans can decide between Donald Trump and the ghosts of Ted Cruz and John Kasich, who have already bowed out of the race. Under the new DMV system, voters are automatically registered as “unaffiliated,” and later receive a form in the mail giving them the option to change their party affiliation or opt out entirely. The vast majority — 76 percent — did not take that extra step by the late April deadline, and thus can’t participate in the presidential primary. They will still be able to vote in some local races.

You just can't make this up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.