2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want Trump to win the nomination? I thought it would be a great laugh based on the line of thinking that he stood no chance in general. I don't think that's true anymore, so I would rather someone else than Cruz/Trump get the nomination.

Trump is a liberal, so yeah it would be great to see him win the nomination over normal conservatives like Cruz, Rubio etc. It will completely destabilize the power structure of the GOP for years.

Trump is a liberal, so yeah it would be great to see him win the nomination over normal conservatives like Cruz, Rubio etc. It will completely destabilize the power structure of the GOP for years.

Are you sure he will be appointing liberal judges to the SC? I don't think so. He will need republican support to function as a Prez and I don't see him turning his back on them like that. From economy point of view too he will hardly bring about the required regulations needed in the financial sector. Immigration is the only area where I can see him doing some kind of U turn and that too because his proposals are simply unrealistic. Foreign policy would largely depend on the type of advisers and Sec of State he appoints. There too, I think the Republican establishment will make a deal with him for their own guys in return for full support during the General elections.

Are you sure he will be appointing liberal judges to the SC? I don't think so. He will need republican support to function as a Prez and I don't see him turning his back on them like that. From economy point of view too he will hardly bring about the required regulations needed in the financial sector. Immigration is the only area where I can see him doing some kind of U turn and that too because his proposals are simply unrealistic. Foreign policy would largely depend on the type of advisers and Sec of State he appoints. There too, I think the Republican establishment will make a deal with him for their own guys in return for full support during the General elections.

He won't but nor will be appointing right wingers either. I think he would go with someone fairly middle of the road that reflects his politics, or perhaps someone he knows.

I don't think he needs much support from the GOP, after all he marches to his own drummer and narcissistically prides himself at being able to bully people into coming together and making deals.

I'm willing to bet that his policy positions will magically become more centrist when he wins the nomination, although he will go massively negative on Hillary at that point, constantly bigging up that she is being investigated etc

He won't but nor will be appointing right wingers either. I think he would go with someone fairly middle of the road that reflects his politics, or perhaps someone he knows.

I don't think he needs much support from the GOP, after all he marches to his own drummer and narcissistically prides himself at being able to bully people into coming together and making deals.

I'm willing to bet that his policy positions will magically become more centrist when he wins the nomination, although he will go massively negative on Hillary at that point, constantly bigging up that she is being investigated etc

I think both you and Red Dreams are way off base on this one. There is no chance Trump wins the Gen without the support of Republican establishment and the base and he most certainly knows that or will be told so by his advisers. I don't believe the establishment will be willing to throw away an election as well because they don't like him. They will most likely cut a deal which will see Trump's VP and some other key positions in the cabinet be filled by their men in return for full on support for the General. After all like Red Dreams bangs on about, even Obama cut a deal with the Clintons and mostly toes the establishment line now days.

They very fact you yourself term it magical, says it all. If Trump was to pull over the wool over the party with a massive 180 degree turn like that, it would make him more reviled by them than Obama.

That's fine and dandy but you don't actually make him your president for 4 years... :lol:

Electing Trump would be..............an adventure. Or maybe like a box chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.

I wouldn't have the stomach for it. Apart from anything else, I don't think anybody should be elected President of the US without having held a major political office. It's just too much of a risk.

I think both you and Red Dreams are way off base on this one. There is no chance Trump wins the Gen without the support of Republican establishment and the base and he most certainly knows that or will be told so by his advisers. I don't believe the establishment will be willing to throw away an election as well because they don't like him. They will most likely cut a deal which will see Trump's VP and some other key positions in the cabinet be filled by their men in return for full on support for the General. After all like Red Dreams bangs on about, even Obama cut a deal with the Clintons and mostly toes the establishment line now days.

They very fact you yourself term it magical, says it all. If Trump was to pull over the wool over the party with a massive 180 degree turn like that, it would make him more reviled by them than Obama.

He would have plenty of establishment support if he faces Hillary, especially if he takes someone like Rubio or Nikki Haley on board as a VP. The only people that would not support him so much are the Glenn Beck crowd who are staunchly for Cruz and view Trump as a fraud/impostor. He could make up for losing their support by reviving independent support for the GOP (Reagan Democrats). This is an unconventional year and we should expect unconventional results.

who are those judges he mentioned at the debate btw.

ohhhh barros

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1877351_1877350_1877322,00.html

Bill Clinton
blame_25_clinton.jpg

Photo Illustration; Clinton: Saul Loeb / AFP / Getty; Jupiter

President Clinton's tenure was characterized by economic prosperity and financial deregulation, which in many ways set the stage for the excesses of recent years. Among his biggest strokes of free-wheeling capitalism was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, a cornerstone of Depression-era regulation. He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves areto blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.

@barros . I agree the repeal of Glass-Stegall was a bad error. The Republicans took full advantage. The war did not help. The huge tax cuts at the top and transferring the tax burden to the middle class which many do not talk about also helped bring about the mess.
The problem was only a very few economists saw the problem so both parties should re-think who they hire as an adviser. The war was a problem and Bush father was smart enough to defeat Saddam and leave the country but Bush son was not that smart.

Watching Jeb crash and burn brings me so much schadenfreude. Hate's a strong word, but I have nothing but strong contempt for the Bush family. Feck em, I hope Jeb gets humiliated.

The problem was only a very few economists saw the problem so both parties should re-think who they hire as an adviser. The war was a problem and Bush father was smart enough to defeat Saddam and leave the country but Bush son was not that smart.

both parties are corrupt. Hillary talks the talk. she is scum. I did not mind Bush Sr. He had two shits for sons though. Really enjoying Jeb being destroyed.

Morgan Freeman lending his voice for New Hillary nationwide ad - He's taking flack from Sanders supporters lol

You can't argue with Morgan.

What are they moaning about?

personal attacks...rehashing old false rumors that Freeman was banging his step grand-daughter...

Apparently, it's natural someone as disgusting as Freeman would support Hillary

:lol:
Good grief :lol:

Bernie Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.