Yves Bissouma / Signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did his knee against Leicester, don't think it's bad though will probably play their next game.

Ta.

I like seeing Bissouma vs Ndidi type CDM match ups in the same match.

Ndidi & Neves has come out the poorest for me.

Mentioned a lot so I thought I’d reopen this so people can see why every club wants him but also why clubs are holding back

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/brighton/2021/10/07/615eeef0268e3e80248b4675.html

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org...after-police-release-him-under-investigation/

Now in the meantime he’s been playing and playing very well!
his manager is pretty much saying that they can’t hold on to him much longer as he has 18 months left on his contract and they obviously don’t want him to walk for free. Which means SELL this summer.

BUT.. allegation hasn’t gone away. So it’s still a gamble and after Greenwood will United take a chance?

Can't see United going for a guy like Bissouma after Greenwood allegations....they just can't afford that type of bad press

Can't see United going for a guy like Bissouma after Greenwood allegations....they just can't afford that type of bad press

Depends on the detail. Villa are very interested, both last month and reportedly for the summer too. And I don’t think United have received any bad press regarding Greenwood either. The player has, United acted quickly and decisively and that’s been that as far as the club are concerned.

All in all, it just seems that United have never been particularly interested in Bissouma anyway. But someone else will buy him, his case does not appear to be like Greenwood’s as such.

He’s on bail until the 27th (which I think is like the third extension) — I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see them extend it for another month

Depends on the detail. Villa are very interested, both last month and reportedly for the summer too. And I don’t think United have received any bad press regarding Greenwood either. The player has, United acted quickly and decisively and that’s been that as far as the club are concerned.

All in all, it just seems that United have never been particularly interested in Bissouma anyway. But someone else will buy him, his case does not appear to be like Greenwood’s as such.

I don't think the press reaction would be the same though as in the Greenwood situation. In that case he came through the club as a kid and so was always on our books and so far as anyone knows the club was unaware of his dark side until the allegations broke. If we were to go out and actively pursue the signing of a player that has these kind of allegations hanging over him I think the media and the public would take a very dim view of it and potentially we would be looking at the sort of storm that just blew up at Raith.

I don't think the press reaction would be the same though as in the Greenwood situation. In that case he came through the club as a kid and so was always on our books and so far as anyone knows the club was unaware of his dark side until the allegations broke. If we were to go out and actively pursue the signing of a player that has these kind of allegations hanging over him I think the media and the public would take a very dim view of it and potentially we would be looking at the sort of storm that just blew up at Raith.

That’s true. Still, I heard nothing when Villa were interested last month, but it will certainly be a story if we signed him. Well, a story of sorts, as the media would need to be very careful in portraying Bissouma like a guilty man if he is jot convicted by then. And if he was, then the conversation would be irrelevant anyway as United would never sign him.

How long can they extend it for before deciding whether to press charges?
I don’t think there’s actually any specific time limits, just the longer the bail the more red tape needs to be passed

If the charges get dropped then it’s a no brainer.

Very surprised Villa bid on him with this hanging over him though. Perhaps they know more details than we do, but would seem a very risky move to make.

If the charges get dropped then it’s a no brainer.

Very surprised Villa bid on him with this hanging over him though. Perhaps they know more details than we do, but would seem a very risky move to make.

If we bid on Bissouma with the Greenwood case looming over the club we are out of our goddamn minds.

If they drop the charge that is one thing, but the optics is very, very unfortunate. The club would receive an incredible amount of backlash if we did this. Unfortunately the court of public opinion arent as quick to forgive and forget, especially if the case gets dropped "due to lack of evidence".

If we bid on Bissouma with the Greenwood case looming over the club we are out of our goddamn minds.

If they drop the charge that is one thing, but the optics is very, very unfortunate. The club would receive an incredible amount of backlash if we did this. Unfortunately the court of public opinion arent as quick to forgive and forget, especially if the case gets dropped "due to lack of evidence".

The court of public opinion is too opinionated.

I wouldn’t say Greenwood case is looming over the club at all. United acted swiftly, and have done the right thing throughout.

He’s on bail until the 27th (which I think is like the third extension) — I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see them extend it for another month
How long can they extend it for before deciding whether to press charges?
Does that mean they’re trying to gather enough evidence to charge?
Bissouma is not on police bail, he was released under investigation, the 40 year old man arrested at the same time is still on police bail.

Released under investigation, is a bit like a step down from police bail, it means the investigation is continuing, but he does not have to report to a police station at any date and there are no restrictions on him, hence he was able to travel to Afcon.

It is very different from the Greenwood situation, but still serious none the less.

EDIT: I should add that there is no time limit to released under investigation.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say Greenwood case is looming over the club at all. United acted swiftly, and have done the right thing throughout.

Of course the club is rightly under massive scrutiny after Greenwood, PARTICULARLY given who we signed last summer before Greenwood and who they invited to games over the course of this season.

The Greenwood case may not be lying at their feet (currently, at least) but there’s serious cultural questions rightly being asked, and signing Bissouma would obviously add to that.

He is playing for Brighton and also for his country. He also has approval to travel outside the country. It doesn’t seem like he is in the dumps. If he can travel outside the country, that should be a good sign correct ?

He is playing for Brighton and also for his country. He also has approval to travel outside the country. It doesn’t seem like he is in the dumps. If he can travel outside the country, that should be a good sign correct ?
It just means that he’s not under bail so free to travel I believe. He however remains under police investigation.

In some cases. Not sure if sexual assault is one of them

Sexual assault allegations where the accused is cleared in court, but they, despite having no facts, decide that the person is ‘probably guilty’ is certainly one of them.

I don't think we have any evidence for the bolded. The club / club staff may well have helped smooth things over / cover things up for him at some point in the past for all we know.

Even if we haven't it could still be seen to reflect badly on our academy who helped bring him up. Clearly the fault and responsibility is ultimately Greenwood's himself but it doesn't mean that the people around him shouldn't do any soul searching to see if they can do better and help avoid this type of thing in future. Whether we like it or not "the people around him" includes many members of club staff, past and present.

In category for nr.6 spot. I will not buy Bissouma for nr.8 role.

Right now to this date. I have run it down to Rice and Tchoumeni.

Last 3. Definitely Bissouma get the last 3 spot. Rice & Tchoumeni > Bissouma. I said right now. At this moment. But until the summer transfer window. You never know. Things can change. Its the overall skill i pick and rate Tchoumeni over Bissouma. But against. At this moment. Things can change and those boys can still develop to the better.

Right now i would pick Tchoumeni over Rice because of the price. Moyes and WEst Ham want over 100 £ mill for Rice. United can might get Tchoumeni for 40-50 mill £ plus add. Rice double as much as Tchoumeni. Its value for money.

In category for nr.6 spot. I will not buy Bissouma for nr.8 role.

Right now to this date. I have run it down to Rice and Tchoumeni.

Last 3. Definitely Bissouma get the last 3 spot. Rice & Tchoumeni > Bissouma. I said right now. At this moment. But until the summer transfer window. You never know. Things can change. Its the overall skill i pick and rate Tchoumeni over Bissouma. But against. At this moment. Things can change and those boys can still develop to the better.

Right now i would pick Tchoumeni over Rice because of the price. Moyes and WEst Ham want over 100 £ mill for Rice. United can might get Tchoumeni for 40-50 mill £ plus add. Rice double as much as Tchoumeni. Its value for money.
Tell me, would a scout recommend buying him for 30m+ when he’s got an unresolved sexual allegation hanging over his head?

I thought he was great today. He is clearly way too good for Brighton.

Its a shame about his incident though.

He is great as always. But under Potter, anyone in that team looks awesome (I know someone will pick out Dunk) ;)

He was good in attack but quite poor in defense and to blame for our goal.

Was decent I think.
He's a United fan right? Maybe thats why he always tries to put in a performance against us.

The sort of player Liverpool pay £35-£40m for and 6 months later looks to be an £80m signing

I’ve liked him for a while he will be at a top club in the next 18 months.

Interesting he is still playing with this investigation I know little aboout and its never ever mentioned by the pundits etc.

I think he is a really good player and premiership proven with experience now. But I still expect the fee would be £40m+, not a massive fee, but if it is like that, puts me off. Think if you are paying that you may as well go all out for one of the top top top central midfielders OR there are several young players on the continent who are as talented and probably cost more like half the fee that ar more of a gamble not havign played here before. Not sure his fee fits in with our budget to sign several nor does he improve us to such a degree as other signings both in his and other positions that would cost similar fees or a little more, otherwise I would take him as he fits the profile of the type of player we need for sure in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.