WSL fantasy league | MD5 deadline - 11:30 on 19 Oct

With Arsenal's form at the moment and them losing 5-2 away at Bayern Munich on Wednesday I'm not expecting much from them really.

In terms of what I want to happen - my preference would be for them both to lose. Due to that being unlikely, a goalless draw would suit me. Not the ideal solution for my FF team but not a bad outcome for United whether I'm wearing my blind optimism glasses or not.

I've got a Chelsea defender and an Arsenal defender, hoping for that goalless draw! Also captained Phallon this week in the hope we continue our shut out!

Last edited:
I feel the opposite. I think the best scenario for us would be Chelsea running away with it and Arsenal and/or Man City struggling.

Of course I understand that if one considers us winning the title realistic, then a draw or Arsenal win would be a good result.
Well, that’s just a sensible, reasonable and rational approach! I am at the wild unrealistic dreamer stage….but I will come round ;)

Edit - I have come round, 2-0 Chelsea after 16 minutes…

Last edited:
Dual clean sheet bonus for my Arsenal defender Fox and my Chelsea defender Brighton is clearly out ... Plus side, they both have an assist!!

Dual clean sheet bonus for my Arsenal defender Fox and my Chelsea defender Brighton is clearly out ... Plus side, they both have an assist!!
Outrageous to give Fox an assist for that - Foord deserves the goal and the assist points :lol:

Not that it really affects me. My Arsenal player hasn't even made it onto the pitch.

United players were the backbone of my team again. Phallon continues to be a bargain. Captain Clinton wasn't quite as productive as she has been for me but it's hard to complain. Maya le Tissier, who the rational bit of brain wanted to leave out because of the obvious trap of relying on two United players for clean sheet points, delivered brilliantly.

Bunny Shaw continues to do what Bunny Shaw does.

@WeePat had the biggest hit of the weekend I reckon by choosing Ramirez as captain.

I wanted to do something similar but chickened out because I can't guess how Chelsea's team rotation will work with CL games midweek.

Similar problems for most of us next weekend I guess, because City and Arsenal (Wednesday) and Chelsea (Thursday) are all in action in the CL as well as playing WSL matches on Sunday.

United players were the backbone of my team again. Phallon continues to be a bargain. Captain Clinton wasn't quite as productive as she has been for me but it's hard to complain. Maya le Tissier, who the rational bit of brain wanted to leave out because of the obvious trap of relying on two United players for clean sheet points, delivered brilliantly.

Bunny Shaw continues to do what Bunny Shaw does.

@WeePat had the biggest hit of the weekend I reckon by choosing Ramirez as captain.

I wanted to do something similar but chickened out because I can't guess how Chelsea's team rotation will work with CL games midweek.

Similar problems for most of us next weekend I guess, because City and Arsenal (Wednesday) and Chelsea (Thursday) are all in action in the CL as well as playing WSL matches on Sunday.

Somebody else had Shaw as captain and bagged 24 points.

I gotta be honest, I completely forgot I signed for this. Pleasantly surprised to see I'm 2nd in the league. I got lucky the Ramirez captaincy switched to Rachel Daly the previous GW because Chelsea's game was postponed. Daly bagged me 26 points.

With Arsenal's form at the moment and them losing 5-2 away at Bayern Munich on Wednesday I'm not expecting much from them really.

In terms of what I want to happen - my preference would be for them both to lose. Due to that being unlikely, a goalless draw would suit me. Not the ideal solution for my FF team but not a bad outcome for United whether I'm wearing my blind optimism glasses or not.
Well, now that Eidevall has quit, they will probably get a bounce this week!

Quit? Yeah, right. No manager quits with two years left on his contract. But anyway, bring on Renee Slegers!
Yeah, its a bit odd. Don't know whether I am reading too much into it, but it feels like he quit before he was sacked with info leaked as to why in terms of behind the scenes stuff!

I'm going to guess it was a "by mutual agreement" and he was allowed to jump without being pushed. There's no doubt he was under a lot of pressure though, initially from the fans on social media, but more recently we were hearing echoes of it in the media as well.

Some of it had that feel of agent led campaigning using leaks. Some of it was about fans preferring their favourite players to the manager. I found some of his touchline conduct annoying - especially at LSV towards United players and towards refs/officials generally.

In the end though - 7 points dropped at this stage in the season now means Arsenal are more or less out of the title race. Throw in that defeat to Bayern and the odds were against him surviving for long.

New manager bounce? Who knows. I guess we'll see a new manager at LSV in a couple of weeks time.

Meanwhile, back to this week's transfer tactics.

GZ69k7dWEAAPA74

Keep in mind that Arsenal and City have CL matches on Wednesday evening and Chelsea play on Thursday. That could mean keeping an eye on injury updates and playing guess the rotation.

Or roll with the team you've got and see what fate decides.