WSL 24/25 | United v West Ham - 12:00 on Sat 21 Sept at OT

Yep. We're trying a flexible three at the back configuration, which will be a nice option to have if we can get it working reliably.
Three at the back? Was that really Skinner in the dugout?

Great start to the season, particularily good that the team as a whole aeemed to function well.

Three at the back? Was that really Skinner in the dugout?

Great start to the season, particularily good that the team as a whole aeemed to function well.
Flexible back three, assymetrical back four? I'm only going by TV watching where you seldom get that pitch view that you see if you're at the stadium.

At any rate - in practice today it meant that Leah Galton spent a lot of the afternoon attacking and Rivière was often part of a back three sitting quite high.

If we get it right, it might make us a bit less prone to those straight through the middle through balls that we get sucker punched by. Getting it right against City or Chelsea who'd rapidly switch to going wide would be a different matter of course - which might have to rely on Janssen dropping back or another centre back coming in for Rivière (or Le Tissier?).

At any rate - a good option to experiment with for when we need to mix things up or deal with a particular opponent.

Good result. Some minor gripes where things could have been better where Toone didnt see the pass and missed her chance through on goal. Good to see Galton take her goal well, she we very dissappointing last season so hopefully she'll be back on form.

I enjoyed that. I thought we were totally dominant throughout and liked the "new look." It was good to see a few of our new signings feature.

Riviere was outstanding - good to see.

Thought we were excellent.
PTJ distribution was good. Looked a little nervy playing out from the back.
Majestic Maya.
Midfield will gel in time but for me Clinton ensured we played further up the field.
Brave Ella did what Ella does and always links well with Leah.
Tarland promising and Geyse was great. Always gives her opposite number a tough time, wins the ball high up the pitch and finished well.
Nice day in the sun