WSL 24/25 | United v West Ham - 12:00 on Sat 21 Sept at OT

Nice from Geyse, awful from the West Ham defender.

Credit to the ref. That gets called a foul so often.
If that incident with Terland wasn't a penalty that certainly wasn't a foul. Defenders usually get away with stuff that forwards can't, so it made a nice change.

We're looking very smooth going forward today. Toone in particular has set up some lovely scoring chances.

Geyse hits the crossbar with a lovely overhead kick. Unlucky that. Delighted to see her in this kind of mood.

How is the line up? I can only catch glimpses as I'm at work. Is Galton LB and Janssen DM?

We really couldn’t have asked for an easier opening fixture. West Ham are awful and we should be more than a goal ahead.

OT seems totally dead. I know it’s a pretty small crowd but it seems like everyone is sitting in silence.

How is the line up? I can only catch glimpses as I'm at work. Is Galton LB and Janssen DM?
Yup, it's working in this game as West Ham have barely any threat.

Good half from us. Ok - it's only West Ham etc, but some good stuff going on out there.

Yep. We're trying a flexible three at the back configuration, which will be a nice option to have if we can get it working reliably.

Good first half from United.
I’d like a Terland goal in the second half to get her on her way in a United shirt.

To anyone saying it sounds dead on the TV, that's simply because it's on the TV. I'm in the heart of the North Stand (only one open), and it's near constant singing

Reactions: jojojo
Clinton - too easy header from a good delivery into the box. And that's good news for my fantasy football team as well!

Great to see Clinton on the score sheet. She could be such an important player for us this season, and going forward. She seemed pretty sad about ending her loan spell at Spurs so I want her to feel like this is her club so maybe she’ll stay for more than a couple of years.

Bizet on for Geyse, interesting to see how she does.

Bizet on for Geyse, interesting to see how she does.
She's the signing I know the least about. Good time for her to make her debut.

I wonder if we'll see Hinata and Malard today?

Three Noggies on the pitch, warms my heart.

EDIT: As I say that one gets taken off :lol:

She's the signing I know the least about. Good time for her to make her debut.

I wonder if we'll see Hinata and Malard today?
Not before Williams anyway!

Good to see Awujo getting some minutes straight away.

Last couple of subs, Hinata on for Clinton, and awesome to see George back from her ACL replacing Galton.

I'm starting to hope for a clean sheet now. Usually I'm singing attack, attack, attack, attack, attack, attack at this stage.

Such is the dangerous influence of fantasy football :lol:

Solid win, West Ham couldn't have made it much easier but still had to do our jobs. Nonetheless some things defensively that we need to tidy up as better teams would've punished us.

Awujo looked very promising in her cameo - does she now have more league game time than Irene managed all season? :lol:

Good debuts as well for Clinton and Terland.

Good solid win, could have been by even more. Nice to see the new arrivals - from this season and last - in action.

Naalsund, Janssen and Clinton all clicking. Toone starting the season strong as well. Lovely to see Geyse with that bit more edge on front of goal - just what we needed.

Looks like a good start. Who was MOTM and/or in contention?
Good all round team performance with no weak links and that's great to see.

Clinton got POTM from MUTV. But I think you could argue a case for most of the starters.

Looks like a good start. Who was MOTM and/or in contention?
I'm bad at deciding these things but I'd possibly go Naalsund, was everywhere with energy to spare at the end, and picked out Clinton really nicely for the 3rd.

I'm bad at deciding these things but I'd possibly go Naalsund, was everywhere with energy to spare at the end, and picked out Clinton really nicely for the 3rd.
Nice. She looked really good in the moments I was able to watch. Good to hear that the team as a whole worked well.

My vote goes to Clinton. It looked to me like she could seriously compete for league MVP. How can she possibly be only 21 years old?

I thought Tooney was brilliant too, especially in the first half. I counted six "almost-assists" for her. I don't know how she managed to not wind up on the scoresheet.

Reactions: Rood
I’m very happy with that. You can I pay beat what’s in front of you, and West Ham were not great today at all. There were no weak links at all today (as @jojojo said) and what struck me was the maturity of the performances - especially Clinton, but it felt like everyone was confident. Janssen and Naalsund looked in control, and the number of forward plays compared to the Turner - Zelem - Le Tissier back and forth that we often saw last year was promising.
I don’t think it could have gone much better to be fair!

Reactions: Rood