WSL 22/23 | United v City - Sun 21 May at 6:45

Taking it to the last day would be quite something (which would mean beating city for the first time )

Very happy with our performance so far. City had their strong spell after the goal but we've grown so much this season. Beating Arsenal home and away and dominating City today. While Chelsea remains a mental hurdle we haven't beaten yet, we deserved more from the last two meetings. Delighted with Skinner and his staff.

I've really enjoyed watching this United side when I've been able to. Their rise to becoming one of the top teams in England has been rapid.

From looking at UEFA’s website, we’ll still have a playoff even if we finish 2nd. Even Chelsea will too, even though they’d be Champions. Surely it can’t be true?
  • The champions of the remaining associations will go into the champions path. The champions of the associations ranked 4 to 6 (England, Sweden, Czechia) will enter in Round 2, with the rest entering in Round 1 (or the preliminary round if required).
  • The runners-up of the six highest-ranked associations (France, Germany, Spain, England, Sweden, Czechia) will enter in Round 2 of the league path.
weird qualification format

From looking at UEFA’s website, we’ll still have a playoff even if we finish 2nd. Even Chelsea will too, even though they’d be Champions. Surely it can’t be true?

Then again one could argue that’s how the Champions League should work. League champions preferred to runner-ups of the bigger countries. Men’s CL is already effectively a Super League.

Regarding Chelsea having to play playoffs, that’s bonkers.

So until a English club actually win the thing the ranking won't change?

Kind of feared this would happen. City have nothing to lose and we’re the ones looking like being a player down.

Then again one could argue that’s how the Champions League should work. League champions preferred to runner-ups of the bigger countries. Men’s CL is already effectively a Super League.
Yet Chelsea could be champions and might have to go through a knockout.

Why is MUTV only doing live commentary with no visuals?

FFS calm down. Move the ball with patience and the gaps will appear. I know it’s sometimes even more difficult to play against 10 but that’s when the opponent is defending with a low block.

We’ve given them the ball and the initiative.

FFS calm down. Move the ball with patience and the gaps will appear. I know it’s sometimes even more difficult to play against 10 but that’s when the opponent is defending with a low block.

We’ve given them the ball and the initiative.
It's funny how the other team going down to 10 seems to be an advantage to the wrong side. Patience as you say.

So close from Galton, shinned it wide. She’s scored so many similar goals this season. Russo has been brilliant tonight.

Looks like it could be because teams from certain countries have won the competition. One of our teams haven't managed it yet. Lyon dominated for years.
Only the top 3 countries in the UEFA coefficient qualify for the group stages. England is currently 4th.

its unfathomable to me that a Champion of a top footballing nation still has to play a playoff. There’s not even a womens Europa League teams can drop into

Only the top 3 countries in the UEFA coefficient qualify for the group stages. England is currently 4th.

its unfathomable to me that a Champion of a top footballing nation still has to play a playoff. There’s not even a womens Europa League teams can drop into
Isn't there rumours that they are going to have a EL equivilant for the women. They really should, it will bring the womens game on even further.

We have so much space here. A couple of good passes and we should be able to kill this

The ref giving every 50/50 to them this half. Compensating for the red card and not giving the pen.