Would you accept relegation to feck the Glazers off?

Red Flag Flying

Hypothetical situation only, but I would without doubt. Obviously as a United fan it wouldn't be nice to see us come down from the top tier, but these days I feel so disenchanted with some sections of our support and the cnuts running our club that I think that it wouldn't be too bad a scenario. We'd feck off the gloryhunters only in it for trophies, get back the hardcore and with that kind of strong support the club would rise again in no time. It would also be a bit of a laugh turning up at places like Colchester with thousands of Reds (the faces of the locals could be interesting).

Theoretically speaking if we was relegated and it made the Glazers feck off, we'd be well and truly fecked, so no I wouldn't.

And marcus agrippa are you a sheep following what ever Fred says?

Of course, the matter of who owns us is far more important than us playing football well. After all it's not like we're a football club or anything...

Moronic suggestion

You are a crazy romantic and I like your thinking but the relegation scenario you suggest would involve monumental piss taking from all the ignorant Scouse, Citeh, Arse, Chavs and Media Pricks in general...I for one would not be able to handle that abuse without resorting to physical violence.

Nah, thats sort of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Just think about it. Why do we hate the Glazers? Because they've plunged the team into so much debt that we could lose our best players and begin to struggle if their payment plans don't work out, leading to us not competing for the title, and in the worst case, relegation. So we want the Glazers out to avoid relegation, and we do that by getting relegated? You're a fecking genius.

Imo, anyone who wishes such a thing on the club is not a fan at all.

Imo being a fan constitutes loving the club through thick or thin and you have to ask yourself what's more important to a club simply on the field success (e.g. Chelsea) or a continued legacy (such as ourselves) which is being trampled on by the Glazers ownership.

Of course I would accept it - it wouldn't change a thing regarding my support.

Would I LIKE for it to happen? Definitely not.

It's a pipe dream though - the same kind of 'problems' we have now would return as soon as we were back up there (which would be difficult enough in itself, considering we'll lose a lot financially from being relegated). It's just the curse of being a fantastic, charismatic football team in this time and age... :)

Just think about it. Why do we hate the Glazers? Because they've plunged the team into so much debt that we could lose our best players and begin to struggle if their payment plans don't work out, leading to us not competing for the title, and in the worst case, relegation. So we want the Glazers out to avoid relegation, and we do that by getting relegated? You're a fecking genius.

I'm not saying we do that by getting relegated hence the hypothetical, but I'm simply posing the debate, which do people feel is the bigger evil relegation or Glazer.

Hypothetical situation only, but I would without doubt. Obviously as a United fan it wouldn't be nice to see us come down from the top tier, but these days I feel so disenchanted with some sections of our support and the cnuts running our club that I think that it wouldn't be too bad a scenario. We'd feck off the gloryhunters only in it for trophies, get back the hardcore and with that kind of strong support the club would rise again in no time. It would also be a bit of a laugh turning up at places like Colchester with thousands of Reds (the faces of the locals could be interesting).

I never ever want to see United get relegated, been there done it before ( albeit I was really too young to understand ).

But on the other hand, I dont want our club being used as a cash cow for some twat who actually couldnt give two fecks if we did get relegated as long as hes making money.

So in short, My heart says no way, dont ever want to go through the humiliation of relegation, but my head says that perhaps we may get a better United if it somehow did happen, so it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world..

Hard decision to make, and hopefully one I never have to go through the dilemna, but if it does ever happen, then hopefully some good will come from it.

I'm not saying we do that by getting relegated hence the hypothetical, but I'm simply posing the debate, which do people feel is the bigger evil relegation or Glazer.

Glazer is the bigger evil. No question about it.

Clubs have, and always will bounce back from Relegation.

No, the worst case scenario ISNT relegation.. Far from it...

Glazer is the bigger evil. No question about it.

Clubs have, and always will bounce back from Relegation.

If you think that it would be worth getting relegated just to get rid of the Glazers then that is the height of stupidity.

I'm positive if we did get relegated, a lot of our so called fans would feck off and support Chelsea or Dippers etc.

Let me also say that not for one second would I want United to get relegated and it would be and it would be a gut-wrenching situation that I wouldn't want to go through, but if it came to the choice my head would probably rule over my heart in a straight choice between the two (assuming that the new owner wasn't just a Glazer mark II) and actually gave two fecks about the club.

Yes of course, United could fold and FC would be the only source of memories of our old tortured club.

I seriously worry about the mindset of some around here. This is a football club. The football comes first.

Imo being a fan constitutes loving the club through thick or thin and you have to ask yourself what's more important to a club simply on the field success (e.g. Chelsea) or a continued legacy (such as ourselves) which is being trampled on by the Glazers ownership.

The Glazers ownership and the way they took over was shit, but they will never never ruin the legacy of this club.

From reading the stories of Martin Edward's time as chairman, after he took over from his father, where he basically shit on the fans and cared nothing about the club, I would gather he was quite similar to the Glazers. If he couldn't ruin the legacy, the Glazers won't.

United is bigger than the Glazers and no matter how much they trample on the fans, they will never destroy the legacy of this club.

No. Not again. I was there last time. Imagine the humiliaton.

I don't want us to wait until March for an away win, win only 7 matches at home, score only 32 goals and become ecstatic because we manage to score 3 in one match.

Though, some of what the ogiginal poster suggests did apply then.

If you think that it would be worth getting relegated just to get rid of the Glazers then that is the height of stupidity.

Use your brain here numbnuts..

If Glazers got his sums wrong and has to sell the players to stay afloat, then United could be relegated anyway...

So what would you prefer, a relegated United but one with a secure future, or a relegated United with that twat owning the club and still having to pay the banks with money we havent got...

Just because Glazers at United, it doesnt make us any less likely to get relegated...

Would not be the holding clubs that go bust since they are the ones holding the debt

Oh for the love of god...

The holding company have used United as a security on the debt, so if that debt doesnt get paid what do the banks do ? They walk in and take whatever was secured against the debt, which just so happens to be Man United..

If the holding company goes bust, because they own United, United goes with it...

Oh for the love of god...

The holding company have used United as a security on the debt, so if that debt doesnt get paid what do the banks do ? They walk in and take whatever was secured against the debt, which just so happens to be Man United..

If the holding company goes bust, because they own United, United goes with it...

If the holding company goes bust that doesn't not mean the club goes bust.

- The holding company goes bust.
- Banks step in and secures the assets of the holding company (MUFC Shares)
- Sells the shares to cover the holding company debts.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think any bank in the world would try and strip the assets of United. We are worth fair more than the sum of our parts.

If the holding company goes bust that doesn't not mean the club goes bust.

- The holding company goes bust.
- Banks step in and secures the assets of the holding company (MUFC Shares)
- Sells the shares to cover the holding company debts.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think any bank in the world would try and strip the assets of United. We are worth fair more than the sum of our parts.

So lets get this right..

United get into debt, but Glazer, being the nice chap he is, will keep all the assets and then let the banks come in and sell them on as a whole going concern....

Well thats my theory fecked up, because I thought Glazer would sell as many assets as he could to try and keep the banks away from United..

Yup, Glazer is in debt. He will keep all the high earning players, he will keep the most valuable players, and he will just let the interest keep mounting up and up, then once he realises he cant pay it he will just hand the whole lot over to the banks and say "sorry"

So lets get this right..

United get into debt, but Glazer, being the nice chap he is, will keep all the assets and then let the banks come in and sell them on as a whole going concern....

Well thats my theory fecked up, because I thought Glazer would sell as many assets as he could to try and keep the banks away from United..

Yup, Glazer is in debt. He will keep all the high earning players, he will keep the most valuable players, and he will just let the interest keep mounting up and up, then once he realises he cant pay it he will just hand the whole lot over to the banks and say "sorry"

Fred, although you could have a point here, it wasn't your initial argument, which was that the banks would sell up. Lorcanj has a point on that front