Wojciech Szczęsny

Agreed, good presence and assured handling. That stop from Anderson was top notch too.. where have they been hiding this kid.

Looked like a typical PIG, crap kicking and presence but good shot stopping and reflexes.

He looked a frightening prospect indeed! A little shaky with his distribution in the first half, but otherwise I thought he was superb and kept them in the game until the very end.

Anderson did everything right with his chance, but Szczesny came out and made himself huge in a way reminiscant of The Great Dane to avert it. Another great save from Rooney's lobbed attempt.

Thought he had an excellent game for his Premiership debut against us. There probably wasn't much he could do about Park's goal. If the game finished 0-0 would he have got MOTM ?

Good prospect and De Gea look-alike. But still early days. Similar things were said about Fabianski a couple of years ago.

Big lad with great reflexes, did well to get a hand to Rooney's lob in the 2nd half & Anderson' chance too.

Despite being on the losing side he can look back on that as been a good Premier League debut for himself.

Wenger might have sorted out Arsenal's goalkeeping problems with that find.

I've seen him in quite a few games and imo hes way better than Fabianśki or Kuszczak. Agreed about his kicking but apart from that he did nothing wrong. More- he is a very assured and composed keeper. and he seems to be really self-confident which is a bonus for every keeper.

his father was a Polish international, probably the best Polish keeper in the mid and late 90's. it seems that he has what it takes to be a great keeper in the future.

Too much praise really. He didn't have to deal with any crosses or good shots. His kicking was shit. Wasn't really tested much. Did well against Anderson. The fact that he plays in goal for Arsenal and didn't feck up doesn't mean he was very good.
Almunia and Fabianski would have looked exactly the same as he did in that game.

His good at making himself big and covering the goal. If it wasn't for his ability to do so, Nani wouldn't have tried to place his one-on-one in the top left hand corner.

His good at making himself big and covering the goal. If it wasn't for his ability to do so, Nani wouldn't have tried to place his one-on-one in the top left hand corner.

Nani was just trying for a good looking goal. Just as much space in the bottom left corner where it's easier to put and harder to save.

If he sorts out his kicking they may have a keeper for the forseeable future there. Physically he's very imposing and he protects his goal well. This was a highly pressurised game and he can walk away knowing that he was amongst the best from their side.

Nani trying to place the ball in the top corner had to do with Nani being selfish and greedy, I bet he didn't give a crap about what the goalie did.

In the modern game it's crucial for a keeper to be comfortable with the ball at his feet. Only saw the first 10 minutes but his kicking was gash. Which puts a big question mark over him for me.

Debut nerves. His kicking, from my limited viewing of him, obviously, has always been a strength, in my view. I'd personally stick him in on Saturday, and just tell him to carry on as he is. Cracking talent.

Debut nerves. His kicking, from my limited viewing of him, obviously, has always been a strength, in my view. I'd personally stick him in on Saturday, and just tell him to carry on as he is. Cracking talent.

Well Arsenal got nothing to lose by sticking with him.

He seemed like a hell of prospect. He reminded me of Peter Schmeichel the way he stormed out with the arms out making himself wide... Brilliant goalkeeper, bigger prospect than Fabianski. He did a good appearance today. Even though Fabianski has done OK, I believe Szczecny can overtake the position rather fast. He has the talent to become a future great.

He seemed like a hell of prospect. He reminded me of Peter Schmeichel the way he stormed out with the arms out making himself wide... Brilliant goalkeeper, bigger prospect than Fabianski. He did a good appearance today. Even though Fabianski has done OK, I believe Szczecny can overtake the position rather fast. He has the talent to become a future great.

Christ.

Just like Ben Foster eh?

He looked good. Kicking was ridiculous, though, and that's important as well.

If I had a pound for every goalkeeper who looked really good in a one-off match at 20 years old and had a mediocre career, I'd have been, well, with quite a few more pounds in my pocket. A little too early to judge.

The lad did good today, anything more would just be pure guesswork. He obviously has the ability or he wouldn't be at the club. And if tonight was anything to go by, he has the temperment too.

Where's that guy who mentioned that PIG made his league debut for us against Arsenal, conceded a penalty, PIG saved and we won 1-0? Happened again for Arsenal, except this time we won 1-0 :D

Where's that guy who mentioned that PIG made his league debut for us against Arsenal, conceded a penalty, PIG saved and we won 1-0? Happened again for Arsenal, except this time we won 1-0 :D
:)

Their defense kept selling him short, especially early on - Song must have done it three really obvious times, forcing him to rush out and kick (admittedly quite shittily). No need for the 'experienced' players to be putting extra pressure on a 20 year old keeper making his debut at OT.

Looks very talented, a couple of really decent saves today. His distribution looked god awful but it will take a few more games to judge whether that's just a nervous thing. Can't ask for much more in a league debut against United, in fairness.