What your favorite all time Utd XI?

Van der Gouw seems massively out of place, to be honest.

We are talking about favorite people. I met vdg and he is a very good person with a wicked sense of humor

Schemichael
Gary Neville
Jaap stam
Rio
Dennis irwin

Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Bobby or best can’t choose

Strikers I can’t choose between: Ronaldo, Rooney, ruud and cantana so any two of them I wouldn’t mind we’ve been spoilt with strikers over the years :drool:

——————————VDS—————————
—Rafa——Vidic————Rio———Evra—
——————————Keane———————
——Beckham——Scholes——Giggs——
——————Cantona——————————
—————————————Ronaldo————

Bench: RVN, Rooney, Berba, RVP, Neville, Stam, DeGea, Nani, JiSung Park

De Gea
Rafael Vidic McGrath Evra
Scholes Stiles
Kanchelskis Bruno Best
Cantona

2nd XI:
VDS
Valencia Stam Rio Irwin
Beckham Carrick Robson Sharpe
Law Ruud

Bench: Schmeichel, Foulkes, Keane, Rooney, Yorke, RVP, Zlatan, Chicharito, Berbatov (basically all the strikers, sure throw in Hughes aswell :) )​

Schmeichel

Irwin
Bruce
Pallister
Evra

Robson
Keane

Ronaldo
Rooney
Giggs

Cantona

Subs van der Sar, G Neville, Vidic, Scholes, Beckham, Kanchelskis, Fernandes, van Nistelrooy, Hughes

Last edited:
Schmeichel

Evra
Vidic
Ferdinand
Rafael

Nani
Keane
Scholes
Kanchelskis

Cantona
Ronaldo

Schmeichel
Neville Bruce Stam Irwin
Kanchelskis Robson Keane Giggs
Cantona Hughes

Van Der Sar
Neville Stam Vidic Irwin
Kanchelskis Schweinsteiger Keane Giggs
Cantona Ibrahimovic

* I should mention that Zlatan and Schweinsteiger were two of my favourite players regardless of whether they played for us so I just loved them even though they weren't here long and one of them wasn't good for us.

Van Der Sar

Rafael
Ferdinand
Pallister
Blackmore*

Ronaldo
Robson
Scholes
Giggs

Cantona
Forlan**

*I've supported United since I was young in the mid 80's. I don't have a great memory for the early years back then, but I know Blackmore was my 'first' favourite United player for some reason and that's always stuck.

**I loved Forlan and was so desperate for him to start scoring. I was delighted for him that he went on to have a good career, but a real shame it just didn't quite happen for him here.

Last edited:
Schmeichel - Greatest keeper of all time for me
Irwin - Loved his style of defending
Ferdinand - World Class CB with agility and skill
Bruce - Great captain
Evra - Big character
Robson - My childhood favourite
Keane - Ultimate competitor
Beckham - Best long passer I've seen
Giggs - For his high speed dribbling
Cantona - Flair and personality
Rooney - Energy

subs: Blackmore, McGrath, Ince, Ronaldo, Hughes

1st 11:

VDS
Neville-Stam-Vidic-Irwin
Keane-Scholes
Best-Rooney-Ronaldo
Cantona-RVN

2nd:

Schmeichel
Rafael-Rio-Smalling-Evra
Carrick-Fletcher
Beckham-Charlton-Giggs
Berbatov-RVP

Schmeichel
 Evra
Bruce
Vidic
Irwin
Keane
Robson
Scholes
Cantona
Beckham
Hughes

great to see lots of kanchelskis. Loved that guy

Cole Yorke
Ronaldo Keane Ince Kanchelskis
Evra Stam Ferdinand Irwin
VDS

Only those I have watched and more based on preferences rather than those I think were the best:

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Keano Scholes Giggs

Rooney van Nistelrooy

In my time supporting:

- Schmeichel (close call with VDS but Schmeichs gets vote cos he was feared and loathed by opposition players and fans (and teammates!) in a way VDS never was!)

- Valencia (GNev probably more defensively dependable and over a longer period but I loved Valencia's flair and athleticism)
- Irwin (better LB than Evra)
- Vidic & Ferdinand (the perfect CB partnership, ahead of Bruce & Pallister. Stam probably the best standalone CB but Vidic & Rio combo was my favourite)

- Keane (I'm too young to remember Robbo in his prime but if he was better than Keane, then he must have been incredible!)
- Scholes (the perfect creative foil for Keane in midfield after the departure of Ince)
- Giggs (loved him in his younger years as a flying winger but evolved into a very clever playmaker well into his 30s)
- Rooney (an animal of a player)
- Cantona (the catalyst that brought this club out of the doldrums)
- Van Nisteroy (the best finisher I have ever seen, for United or any team. An absolute assassin)

A lot of great players missing out, especially Ronaldo. He was brilliant for us for about 3 seasons but rightly or wrongly his trying to engineer a move to Real Madrid and then the drama he caused on his return has sullied him in my estimation.

ETA Beckham unlucky to miss out also, loved his crosses and spectacular goals for us! An often forgotten player as this post proves!