Schmeichel
Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Beckham Scholes Carrick Giggs
Rooney Berbatov​

van der Sar
Valencia — Vidic — Ferdinand — Evra
Beckham — Scholes — Pogba
DWelbz19 — van Nistelrooy — Rooney

Players I've watched enough to have a decent opinion.

Van Der Sar
Neville Rio Vidic Evra
Beckham keane scholes Giggs
Rooney Ronaldo.

Schmeichel
Irwin Stam Pallister Sharpe
Keane
Scholes Robson
Kanchelskis Van Persie Giggs​

VDS
Rafael - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Scholes - Carrick - Pogba
Ronaldo - Rooney - Giggs

Van Der Sar
Mazraoui Stam Ferdinand Evra
Scholes Keane Pogba
Beckham Van Nistelrooy C. Ronaldo​

This team would win it all every season.

Early squeeze for Mazraoui because why not.

Realistically Rooney should be in for Pogba, but I'd like to see Pogba in a top class United 11 to see him flourish as the most skilled midfielder we've seen.

Schmeichel

G Neville
D Irwin
Vidic
Rio

Keane
Robson
Scholes

Cantona
Rooney
Ronaldo

Schmeichel

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney
RVN

My Favourites?

Van Der Sar
RedNev, Rio, Vidic, Irwin
Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Giggs
Ruud, Rooney

All players that gave me so much happiness when I watched them.

VDS
Brown Rio Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Keane Scholes Giggs
Ruud Rooney

Bailey
Duxbury
Pallister
Vidic
Irwin
Robson
Scholes
Whiteside
Kanchelskis
Hughes
Cantona.

Schmicheal
G Neville
Stam
Ferdinand
Irwin
Beckham
Charlton
Edwards
Best
Law
Hughes
Subs
Stepney
Stiles
Cantona
Robson

Last edited:
Schmeichel

Neville - Ferdinand - Vidić - Evra

Keane - Scholes

Beckham - Cantona - Giggs

Rooney​

Schmeichel

Neville - Ferdinand - Vidić - Evra

Keane - Scholes

Rooney​

Probably this, but with VDS in goal and Park added to midfield. I need to play 12 men sorry.

Maybe Park could be on the bench with Chicharito, Valencia, Nani and Berba

Probably this, but with VDS in goal and Park added to midfield. I need to play 12 men sorry.

Maybe Park could be on the bench with Chicharito, Valencia, Nani and Berba

It’s a coin toss for me between Schmeichel and vdS. I love Park as well, just find it impossible to find him a spot there.

My subs would be:
vdS
Parker
Stam
P.Neville
Carrick
Fletcher
Park Ji-Sung
RvN
RvP

1 Peter Schmeichel

2 Dennis Irwin
3 Arthur Albiston
4. Jaap Stam
5 Martin Buchan

6. Steve Coppell
7 Bryan Robson
8. Bobby Charlton
9 George Best

10 Denis Law
11 Eric Cantona

Subs: Stepney, Stiles, Greenhoff, J., Macari, McQueen.

Last edited:
I am only including those I've watched not legends like Charlton and Best.

Schmeichel
Irwin
Evra
Pallister
Vidic
Giggs
Kanchelskis
Scholes
Robson
Cantona
Rooney

This isn't my best team but I'd say probably my favourite players but again some could be different tomorrow but right here right now that's my choice.

Favourite is such a tough one! Not least because I know I have to leave some really great players, that I love, out. But I’ll go for:

Schmeichel

Brown ——-- Ferdinand —— Stam ——— Evra

Keane —— Scholes

Beckham ————— Cantona ————— Rooney

Van Nistelrooy

Subs: van der Sar; Irwin, Vidic; Carrick, Robson, Giggs; Kanchelskis, Berbatov, Cole
The spine on that team is frankly ridiculous :lol: . No favourite team of mine can walk out without Cantona. And having those players around him, who work as hard as they do, and a striker as complete as RVN in front of him, would be a wet dream. And artist and a genius. Plus the amount of leaders in that team. Absurd. Being able to bring the pace and goal threat of Giggs, Kanchelskis and Cole off the bench, makes this pretty much my perfect team.

Bench wise, I have to find a place for Berbatov. A natural Cantona replacement, and the man with arguably the best first touch in all of football. Carrick, I always appreciated and loved his quiet efficiency and intelligent game. Just my time of player. Slightly different but equally as loved is Captain Fantastic Bryan Robson, a complete midfielder. It was actually quite tough to leave Ince off the bench, because I really loved him as a player.

Evra over Irwin was probably the toughest call. For anyone I imagine. In the end I realised that despite preferring Irwin’s technical genius, there’s just an extra level of love for the mad bastard that is Evra. And deep down I’ll always prefer a left footed left back.

Kanchelskis had to make the bench. An amazing two footed player, who was a wide forward way ahead of his time. Could go inside and out, right foot, left foot. His searing pace and technical ability just had me on the edge of my seat as a teen. He’d be a 100m player in the modern age.

Giggs needs no explanation, nor does Vidic. Both deserving of a starting place, but I had to take Rooney over Giggs, by a whisker. Rooney is one of my favourite United players, favourite players period, ever. Andy Cole I love for being a brilliant goal scorer and the most underrated striker in English football history. He was ridiculously prolific, and had a superb all round game. So technically gifted. Was always so underrated simply because of a tough mini run when he first joined and missed a few chances in his first 7-10 games, and then a completely irresponsible and ignorant comment from Glen Hoddle, who is clearly a complete weapon.

Very, very hard to leave out RvP in any form. His first season with us was simple sensational, and his volley against Villa is one of my favourite goals ever. Same with Park, who is beloved for so many reasons. Likewise Yorke, who was fantastic. Anderson was someone who I was super excited about signing and his personality and early seasons were really exciting. Just doesn’t make the cut for me. Likewise Hargreaves, who was instrumental in our 2008 PL/CL double. I just went off him a bit in his later years, comments and then subsequent punditry.

Ferdinand and Stam over Vidic was easy for me. Loved Nemanja, but he was always a tier below the big two for me, who are my dream CB pairing. G.Nev deserves a shout, massive character and personality and ever reliable. Another tough one to leave out. For entirely different reasons I always had a real soft spot for Veron, and considered him for the bench. Nani was a wild card I adored, and OGS is the ultimate bench player, and of course has one of the most iconic moments ever, of any United player. Perhaps the most iconic moment.

It’s funny how few teams posted in this thread include Ronaldo. Doesn’t even make the bench for me. Thanks for making this thread, it’s clear how different the teams look when posting favourite vs best.

As a rule of thumb, I’ve left out any players I didn’t see regularly, live, at any age where I could really appreciate them.

Last edited:
VDS
Rafael Bailly Vidic Evra
Scholes Carrick Pogba
Ronaldo (06-07) Rooney Martial (15-16)

Really tried to play on the true “favorites” thing and not just include a full XI of all timers. I was too young to have watched prime Keane etc even though I went back later and watched countless United matches from those years and older after the fact.

That version of Ronaldo and the teenager Martial are two of my favorite players I’ve ever seen at the club. Absurdly talented 1v1 wingers with a bit different styles but also lethal in the final third.

Schmeichel - was like a god to me growing up

Brown - hard as feck
May (family friend)
Stam - was my fav player for the three years he was there when a child
Irwin - it’s Irwin and he’s Irish

beckham - grew up in beckhammania
Keane - was basically my captain too
Scholes - my favourite of all time
Giggs - spent majority of my life watching him

Solskjaer - everyone loves ole.
Van nistelrooy - in my teens seeing goals goals goals unreal

Obviously not the greatest just favourites for various reasons.

Special mentions for - Parker - Forlan - whiteside - due to events I attended they were at and were great

From the ones I have seen play:

Van Der Sar

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Scholes
Carrick
Park
Tevez
Ronaldo
Cantona

De Gea

Rafael
Ferdinand
Martínez
Evra

Carrick
Scholes
Pogba

Ronaldo
Van Persie
Rooney

Team SAF-ERA

Schmeichel
Neville - Rio - Johnsen - Ronaldo
Keane - Scholes
Rooney

Last edited:
……..…...Schmeichel…………..
Gaz….Bruce….Vidic…. Irwin
Becks.Keano.Scholes.Giggsy
…………Rooney…Cantona…….

I’ve left out so many like Hughes, Robson, Cole, Rio, Parker, Stam, RVN, Butt, Ince, Sharp, VDS, Pallister, Evra. I could go on….

VDS
Neville Rio Vidic Evra
Beckham Keane Scholes Giggs
Rooney Solskjaer

Tough to leave out Stam, Carrick and RVN

VDS
Neville Stam Vidic Evra
Beckham Keane Scholes Park
RVN Cantona

Schmeichel
Evra
Vidic
Ferninand
Neville
Giggs
Keane
Scholes
Beckham
Rooney
Ronaldo

Going off how much I liked them while playing for us and ignoring anything after:

VDS
Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Park
Scholes
Giggs
Rooney
Solskjær
Forlan

Onana

Darmian
Rojo
Lindelof
Buttner

Anderson
Schneiderlin

Sancho
Lingard
Depay

Weghorst

Van Der Sar
AWB - Stam -Rio- Vidic - Blind
Beckham- Carrick - Bruno
Rooney - Ronaldo

Subs
1. De Gea
2. Giggs (swap with Bruno only to make a more even side)
3. Ruud
4. Evra
5.Greenwood
6.Rashford
7. Scholes
8. Pogba
9. Park Ji Sung
10. Anderson
11. RVP

2nd team is probably better but i had personal players i enjoyed watching more.​

Last edited:
Controversial starting 12 there. Keane not making the bench even?

There's only 11 players there.

I think Keane was good but i found his personality especially post retirement annoying to the point i kind of saw how his 'i'm right' personality gave us his great performances on the pitch aswell as his red cards. I just kind of find him annoying afterwards & I'd hate to be in a room with him trying to have a conversation :rolleyes:

Last edited:
VDS
Rio - Stam - Vidic
Valencia - Keane - Scholes - Evra
Cantona
Ruud - Rooney​

There's only 11 players there.

I think Keane was good but i found his personality especially post retirement annoying to the point i kind of saw how his 'i'm right' personality gave us his great performances on the pitch aswell as his red cards. I just kind of find him annoying afterwards & I'd hate to be in a room with him trying to have a conversation :rolleyes:
That's definitely 12, but not like it matters.

I get what you mean re Keane- he too often these veers into caricature, though he can sometimes be funny and prescient. Watching him in epics v Arsenal in particular and Liverpool, he was brilliant and irreplaceable.
I'm struggling on who to drop from Rio, Vidic and Stam for central defence.

Gk: Van der Gouw

Rb: Gaz (player not pundit)
Cb: johnsen
Cb: Stam
Lb: irwin

Cm: Beckham
Cm: scholes
dm: Robson
Amc: charlton

Fwd: Best
Stk: Yorke

Gk: Van der Gouw

Rb: Gaz (player not pundit)
Cb: johnsen
Cb: Stam
Lb: irwin

Cm: Beckham
Cm: scholes
dm: Robson
Amc: charlton

Fwd: Best
Stk: Yorke

Van der Gouw seems massively out of place, to be honest.

Jack Crompton

Paul Parker
Martin Buchan
Duncan Edwards
Arthur Albiston

Bobby Charlton
Bryan Robson
Bill McKay

Stan Pearson
Jack Rowley
Bebe