What are your expectations for the new season? [2024/25 edition]

We've started off as a team who finished 8th place last season would. And worryingly, we've invested another £150m. We won't even get close to Champions League football under this manager.

Well 7th should be end of Erik

I hope INEOS are evaluating other managers right now and don't wait until January to begin that evaluation for the sacking at season's end, in the event that we've only been able to manage 7th place by December. The point differential between is admittedly small right now between 11th and 5th place but if we do not pick up the points from the Villa and Spurs matches. After them the fixtures are still tough and only eases up in mid November before we face Arsenal and City in December.

And if we got dropped by Villa and Spurs, especially if it's in the manner that Liverpool practically laughed at us as they walked off the pitch, that may well be the end of ETH...if INEOS have done their homework and lined up a suitable successor.

We've started off as a team who finished 8th place last season would. And worryingly, we've invested another £150m. We won't even get close to Champions League football under this manager.
Basically this.
Past seasons when Ole or Mou finished 2nd seem like fairyland times and most of our fans weren't that impressed, we wanted a title challenge, well...here it is.

Before the season started I thought the squad would at best be able to finish 4th...United have a bunch of potential but they lack experience, especially in English football.

But it's easy to forget you can lose around 10 games and still finish 4th. United just need a bit of luck and a few of the kids to step up, have a bit of faith and patience.

23/24
4th Villa 10 Loses
5th Spurs 12 Loses
6th Chelsea 11 Loses

22/23
4th Newcastle 5 Loses 14 Draws
5th Liverpool 9 Loses
6th Brighton 12 Loses

21/22
4th Spurs 11 Loses
5th Arsenal 13 Loses
6th United 12 Loses

My expectations are reasonably high considering our points start. I think we've tightened up alot and if we stay relatively injury free and the new signings continue to bed in well, then I think we will get top 4 with a bit more confidence than previous years, growing into the season as it goes - and I think we've a good chance at cup. Top 4 and the Europa would be a good campaign once the football looks to be taking on a well drilled style