What are Swansea doing?

Williams off to Everton now as well. Going to have a job staying up at this rate.

We deserve to go down.

12m for Williams at nearly 32 might raise some eyebrows, but I think he'll be a really good purchase for Everton. Should have at least a few years of good football to give, comfortable on the ball and a genuine leader. Age aside, I wouldn't pick many Prem CB's over him.

We deserve to go down.

12m for Williams at nearly 32 might raise some eyebrows, but I think he'll be a really good purchase for Everton. Should have at least a few years of good football to give, comfortable on the ball and a genuine leader. Age aside, I wouldn't pick many Prem CB's over him.

I would not mind Jose sending Jones/Rojo your way on loan or permanent and getting Williams to united, he would be a good partner for Smalling/Bailly

Really sad considering how promising a team they looked just a couple of seasons ago.

They've been rumoured to be interested in Nacer Chadli. Would be a good replacement signing for Ayew, he'd be cheaper and has great production. Just never fit in well to Spurs pressing system, but he gives great goals+assists numbers when given minutes.

I agree here, I think Chadli is very effective. He'd be perfect in somewhere like Swansea. I think Stoke should be after him, he'd fit better there.

We deserve to go down.

Hope not, but I'll definitely not miss dropping points at your stadium every year. ;)

I think it's decent business by Everton, yeah. 12m is nothing these days, I remember Arsenal baulking at 10m for him 3-4 years ago, which i thought was silly by them. To replace Stones so quickly and easily, with a player of comparable quality for 40m less is shrewd.

£12M for a defender about to turn 32 is excessive, but it's much better business for Everton than £47.5M for Stones was for City earlier today! :lol:

Getting a good defender for their money but double figures in millions, not too sure.

I agree here, I think Chadli is very effective. He'd be perfect in somewhere like Swansea. I think Stoke should be after him, he'd fit better there.
It's funny you say Stoke, because I see Chadli as very much an Arnautovic 2.0 with a bit less tenacity on the pitch and a little less unsavory behavior off it as well.

It's funny you say Stoke, because I see Chadli as very much an Arnautovic 2.0 with a bit less tenacity on the pitch and a little less unsavory behavior off it as well.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I said it. I think they're very comparable.

I would not mind Jose sending Jones/Rojo your way on loan or permanent and getting Williams to united, he would be a good partner for Smalling/Bailly

From what I've heard the club is going to settle for Amat and Fernandez as the starting duo with VDH as third choice, with maybe a youngster (Joe Rodon the most likely) as backup. I'm having trouble believing that though, Jones would be great, Caulker is crap and he looked good for us so I imagine Jones would do really well for us, especially on a temp deal as I imagine he probably has higher ambitions than Swansea.

Hope not, but I'll definitely not miss dropping points at your stadium every year. ;)

I think it's decent business by Everton, yeah. 12m is nothing these days, I remember Arsenal baulking at 10m for him 3-4 years ago, which i thought was silly by them. To replace Stones so quickly and easily, with a player of comparable quality for 40m less is shrewd.

Now we're going to bend over for every top side :(

Ayew and Williams gone now. If they didn't have Sigurdsson I'd call them as certainties for relegation. The way things are currently I still think they're at risk of relegation. The way the club's been run this summer has been absolutely disastrous.

We deserve to go down.

I don't know how Wenger was not in for Williams. Would have been solid signing for us considering our situation.

Btw Newcastle did not have that. Their defence was terrible to a man for a start. Swansea have a strong back four. Mind you if they lose Williams or Ayew they lose a lot.
This isn't quite true. The first four were mid-table decent, but there was little or no squad cover and a lot of injuries. I'm not sure of stats but if I guessed that first four played less than 25% of the games; injuries played a huge part in NUFC's relegation.

From what I've heard the club is going to settle for Amat and Fernandez as the starting duo with VDH as third choice, with maybe a youngster (Joe Rodon the most likely) as backup. I'm having trouble believing that though, Jones would be great, Caulker is crap and he looked good for us so I imagine Jones would do really well for us, especially on a temp deal as I imagine he probably has higher ambitions than Swansea.

Now we're going to bend over for every top side :(
Is it to do with the new owners? I always thought Swansea had brilliant strategic leadership, identifying the next good-ish manager every time.

Jeez, I missed all the Williams stuff today. What the actual feck are they at? Their squad is so depleted only days before the new season kicks off.

Time to bump this thread, they're as bad as most expected.
Honestly an astonishing way how the club has been mismanaged in the last two years and especially this summer.

What I don't get is why they left Montero and Barrow on the bench. There 2 best and most dangerous players? bring the on at 3-0 down? WTF.

Worst team we've played this season? Agree that Montero and Barrow should've been on from the start - crazy decision given how the game went.

My apologies to @Cascarino - you did warn me that Swansea were as bad as that, but I didn't believe it.

I have missed this situation with them, but their fans seem very upset about what's going on. Shame, because Swansea is a good club.

Worst team we've played in recent memory. I feared the worst when I saw our teamsheet and would have taken a draw. Couldn't believe how little they pressed or how few tackles they made it was like an exhibition match.

This summer, when most would be in agreement that we needed to add, our club instead had a net spend of -£9.1m.
I don't think we will go down, but if we do look no further than our summer business.

Worst team we've played this season? Agree that Montero and Barrow should've been on from the start - crazy decision given how the game went.

My apologies to @Cascarino - you did warn me that Swansea were as bad as that, but I didn't believe it.

I didn't think we'd be quite that bad, it was pitiful by Swansea.

Worst team we've played in recent memory. I feared the worst when I saw our teamsheet and would have taken a draw. Couldn't believe how little they pressed or how few tackles they made it was like an exhibition match.

Were they that much worse than Burnley and Stoke though? Arguably not.

Moyes might manage an esteemed 19th placed finish.

They're going down. When they came up they were on built on this tika taka blueprint through a conveyor belt of managers like Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers who all played the same style and carried it's identity right from the championship through to their promotion. They used to play in pass and move triangles in possession, that's now lost from their game and for a club that once said it carefully chooses their management they've got it wrong this time. The signings aren't great either for what they've lost to bring in. Should be doing something with that 30m they got for Bony last Jan. They got 20m for Ayew, 20m in total for Williams,Paloschi,Eder in the summer and not much done with it.

Last edited:
I thought we were excellent vs Burnley/Stoke and unlucky not to win. Swansea were just horrendous.

Is the correct answer. That Swansea performance was the worst of the season so far - and remember Moyes is here too. Utd were in 2nd gear and decided to go to first gear in the second half.

Hew Jenkins sold out to the yanks, they brought in a nobody manager on the basis of him being a fellow American.

Failure was inevitable.

Did they not have a player who looked like Voldermot, from Harry Potter?
I think he was like their talisman and got sold to Newcastle. They seemed to have gone steadily downwards since.

I think he was like their talisman and got sold to Newcastle. They seemed to have gone steadily downwards since.
Shelvey? He was awful in that last season and was not much of a tailsman. That would be Sigurrdson or any of their decent strikers they had in the past.

Not too fussed about him, the season he got sold he admitted during pre-season that he wanted out and was fed up. It showed in his performances.
Losing Williams and Ayew in the summer has been hard. I don't understand why we've spent so little.