What are Swansea doing?

They may just be hedging their bets that prices will go down closer to the window. The fact Sigurdsson signed an extension is a positive indication, as he could have moved to a bigger club.

A lot of the speculation is based on Williams and Ayew leaving.

There are rumours they're in for Llorente. Big name but not the force he was a few years back, remember him being a bit of a flop at Juve and he hasn't contributed a huge amount at Sevilla either.

They'd probably go down. Things aren't looking good there at moment. Do they have any ST at the club now?

Not sure what have happened to them as Swansea was a very well run club. Why would American investors buy 60% of Swansea for 110m only to get them relegated when a year in the PL ensures around 100m?
Ollie McBurnie. :D

Why was Laudrup sacked back then? He was doing quite well imho.

Sign Bony back for first choice and take James Wilson on loan for backup. The issue is if they are willing to spend money on Bony's wage.
Remy is a good gamble.

It could be that behind the scenes they have been trying for a number of big names and missing out. I could see that happening to a number of the middle rank premier league clubs who are now awash with money. As the season draws closer they will probably hit panic mode and overpay for someone from the Championship or something.

They could probably get a few decent loans in too, because they've built up a bit of a reputation as a side that plays good, progressive football in their time in the PL. I'd have no problem loaning them Wilson, Januzaj and Perreira if they wanted and that should set them straight for a season.

It could be that behind the scenes they have been trying for a number of big names and missing out. I could see that happening to a number of the middle rank premier league clubs who are now awash with money. As the season draws closer they will probably hit panic mode and overpay for someone from the Championship or something.

They could probably get a few decent loans in too, because they've built up a bit of a reputation as a side that plays good, progressive football in their time in the PL. I'd have no problem loaning them Wilson, Januzaj and Perreira if they wanted and that should set them straight for a season.
only if they can promise to give the kids regular game times. no point sitting on their bench.

only if they can promise to give the kids regular game times. no point sitting on their bench.

Yes, but if it's looking like they're not going to have many attacking options then that should be the case. So it could be a good move for both parties. If Mourinho doesn't have big plans for any of them this season of course.

I think their squad need some refreshment. Especially up front. Overall though, something must be working okay, because they did have a good streak in the end. Not just the beginning of the season.

Swa v city 1-1
West ham v Swa: 1-4 (!)
Swa - Liverpool: 3-1
Lei - Swa: 4-0
Newc - Swa: 3-0
Swa - Che: 1-0
Stoke - Swa: 1-1
Swa - Villa: 1-0

A total of 14 points in the last 8 games. Not bad, when the average points to survive is around 1 point pr game.

Btw: Laudrup went due to a losing-streak and trouble between the club and Laudrup's agent. Laudrup seems to be not cool with getting something else than expected from the board transferwise, and he's quit his job / have had clashes with boards before when the board has promised X and then Y happened.

It is somehow a suicidal-thing to do though. Shipping off the strikers they have before getting in new, in this day and age with current prices. Turned out great for LVG.

More clubs must be up for Remy too - Everton, Soton, every midtable-club? Llorente will never be a hit in England. Past it.

I think their squad need some refreshment. Especially up front. Overall though, something must be working okay, because they did have a good streak in the end. Not just the beginning of the season.

Swa v city 1-1
West ham v Swa: 1-4 (!)
Swa - Liverpool: 3-1
Lei - Swa: 4-0
Newc - Swa: 3-0
Swa - Che: 1-0
Stoke - Swa: 1-1
Swa - Villa: 1-0

A total of 14 points in the last 8 games. Not bad, when the average points to survive is around 1 point pr game.

Btw: Laudrup went due to a losing-streak and trouble between the club and Laudrup's agent. Laudrup seems to be not cool with getting something else than expected from the board transferwise, and he's quit his job / have had clashes with boards before when the board has promised X and then Y happened.

Also not very committed, was jetting off to Paris quite often to see his daughter, players were concerned over the lack of discipline/work in pre-season, cliques developed in the squad. He was too relaxed for today's man-babies.

What has happened to Paloschi? Wasn't he one of their record buys in January, doesn't make sense to get rid of him already surely.

Llorente is either going to be flop like Gomis or good like Michu. I think it's a good gamble. Just because he fails to shine with Juventus and Sevilla doesn't mean he's not good enough for Swansea.

I've not watched them really, but isn't Llorente a pretty important player at Juve (at least last year). I know he hasn't set the world alight (Wikipedia can tell me that) but he still seems to be in the team regularly.

Don't think he'll do much over here.

Signing Llorente could prove to be a shrewd move. He is definitely a gamble, but definitely a positive gamble. He's got a ton of experience and will most likely be a positive influence within the squad.

Llorente is either going to be flop like Gomis or good like Michu. I think it's a good gamble. Just because he fails to shine with Juventus and Sevilla doesn't mean he's not good enough for Swansea.

Signing Llorente could prove to be a shrewd move. He is definitely a gamble, but definitely a positive gamble. He's got a ton of experience and will most likely be a positive influence within the squad.

I agree, if he shows even a glimmer of his A.Bilbao form he'll be useful. Gomis and Eder have been our strikers for the past few seasons, if he can muster 10 league goals it'd be a big improvement. His experience should be useful as while plenty in the squad are experienced very few of them have experience of winning world cups and league titles (he was far from instrumental in them but it's still better than the likes of Danny feckin' Graham). I'm hoping for another striker but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I've not watched them really, but isn't Llorente a pretty important player at Juve (at least last year). I know he hasn't set the world alight (Wikipedia can tell me that) but he still seems to be in the team regularly.

Don't think he'll do much over here.

Nah he was pretty average at Juventus are shit at Sevilla. His time came and went at Bilbao, he looked very good there. I was a fan of his at one point, looked very dangerous at Bilbao.

Borja Baston for 15m apparently, 18 goals last season, 22 the year before.

They've actually bought well now that it seems Borja Baston is on his way. Still fairly young and has a pretty good scoring record.

I think they've swindled west ham into buying someone they don't need for 20m and got a very exciting striker in Borja, with 5m to spare! I think they'll do well this season. Guidolin is a serial over achiever with clubs that should be lower down the table. Wouldn't be shocked to see them back in the second half of the table. The caveat would definitely be if they lose Williams, but I very much doubt they will.

The Lion King is past it by year or two.. I'm amazed if he actually makes a short-term difference but will help the young players for sure in his time with Swansea. He needs players to feed him if he wants to reach, say 10 goals..

At least they're still doing better than Arsenal.

Would have liked to have seen Llorente in the PL about 5 years ago, and in a better team than the current Swansea side.

They've been rumoured to be interested in Nacer Chadli. Would be a good replacement signing for Ayew, he'd be cheaper and has great production. Just never fit in well to Spurs pressing system, but he gives great goals+assists numbers when given minutes.

Williams off to Everton now as well. Going to have a job staying up at this rate.