We must buy the next Yamal

You need divine intervention, not cash.
4gp562T.jpeg
Messi shagged Yamals mum?

Watching Barca toy with Bayern, I realized that they have bought their best players: de jong, Raphinia, even Yamal himself.

Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

I know that we are not used to operate like this. Perhaps the reason was that SAF did not like to work with super-star players. Or he did not like to spend. Or the owners did not give him money. We don't know the truth but it does not matter any more. Things have changed.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Yoro is a start but he is not enough
I can't decide if you are serious or joking. Richest club? Not even close, in reality our team is in serious financial trouble. The club's loss reached 370 million pounds in the last 3 years, which is more than 3 times bigger than the 105 million what's allowed by the FA, so apparenty we're going to break the league's PSR rule which can result in point deduction, even ban from EL, CL whatever we achieve. We should buy the best players in the world???? Oh my. How old are you, sorry? To buy the best players in the world money isn't enough at all. Our club is seriously struggling since Ferguson's retirement, reached the mighty 8th place last season, we're even worse this season, no CL football... At the moment we're not desirable for a real top player I'm afraid, not even for a top talent. Remember Bellingham. He'd been invited to Manchester, met Cantona, Ferguson, everyone tried to convince him to join United, he choose Real Madrid instead. Why? Because while we were struggling to reach the top 4, Real Madrid won like 6 CL trophies in 10-12 years. And in his first year he became spanish champion, won the Champions League established himself as one of the world's finest and most expensive footballers while United finished in 8th. Remember Yoro. He stated that he wants to play for Real Madrid, but Perez offered only 17 million euros as he had only a year left of his contract, and we paid a ridiculous 60 million to get him. 60 million for an injury prone 18 years old. But I could mention City, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, whatever. More successful clubs. INEOS should sort out the chaos first, sign a proper coach, put together a team which plays regular CL football and then we'll have the chance to build a great team with top players. Don't know if you read interviews with top players but many of them refused to join certain teams just because those teams did not play in CL. And you talk like there's a talent like Yamal, Bellingham, whoever in every corner.

Last edited:
I can't decide if you are serious or joking. Richest club? Not even close, in reality our team is in serious financial trouble. The club's loss reached 370 million pounds in the last 3 years, which is more than 3 times bigger than the 105 million what's allowed by the FA, so apparenty we're going to break the league's PSR rule which can result in point deduction, even ban from EL, CL whatever we achieve. We should buy the best players in the world???? Oh my. How old are you, sorry? To buy the best players in the world money isn't enough at all. Our club is seriously struggling since Ferguson's retirement, reached the mighty 8th place last season, we're even worse this season, no CL football... At the moment we're not desirable for a real top player I'm afraid, not even for a top talent. Remember Bellingham. He'd been invited to Manchester, met Cantona, Ferguson, everyone tried to convince him to join United, he choose Real Madrid instead. Why? Because while we were struggling to reach the top 4, Real Madrid won like 6 CL trophies in 10-12 years. And in his first year he became spanish champion, won the Champions League established himself as one of the world's finest and most expensive footballers while United finished in 8th. Remember Yoro. He stated that he wants to play for Real Madrid, but Perez offered only 17 million euros as he had only a year left of his contract, and we paid a ridiculous 60 million to get him. 60 million for an injury prone 18 years old. But I could mention City, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, whatever. More successful clubs. INEOS should sort out the chaos first, sign a proper coach, put together a team which plays regular CL football and then we'll have the chance to build a great team with top players. Don't know if you read interviews with top players but many of them refused to join certain teams just because those teams did not play in CL. And you talk like there's a talent like Yamal, Bellingham, whoever in every corner.
Here's a guide to cafe

Pogue - serious
Horsechoker - joking

You think so? We were hoovering up top players under SAF. We bought the two Yamals of the era 20 years ago, in consecutive summers.
Could argue 3 summers

Rio was summer before Ronaldo as well

02/03 He was more expensive than R9, Crespo, Nesta, Cannavaro. Twice as much as Seedorf!

We must bring in the world's top geneticists and create a clone of Messi or Ronaldo, but not Yamal.

We don't need Yamal.

What we probably should have done was buy Raphinha for €58m instead of Antony for €95m.

Is not only about buying the right players but developing them.

Remember how Vinicus played when he first arrived at Madrid? They turned him into the best player in the world. I'm sure if we had bought him he wouldn't be half as good.

We're a rotten club with a rotten structure, until we fix that it doesn't matter which players we buy they won't perform.

Is not only about buying the right players but developing them.

Remember how Vinicus played when he first arrived at Madrid? They turned him into the best player in the world. I'm sure if we had bought him he wouldn't be half as good.

We're a rotten club with a rotten structure, until we fix that it doesn't matter which players we buy they won't perform.
Our history boasts amazing young finds beginning with the Babes and going on through kids like Sparky and Norman Whiteside to Scholes and co. Believe it or not, before Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy, Manchester's best kids ended up at Maine Road because their youth system was far superior. It was the advent of MUJAC that started it all for us. It was allowed to rot in the 80s until Fergie resurrected it.

Why buy him? Cant we find the next Yamal playing with his friends on the street somewhere? Much cheaper and the money could be used to buy Real Madrid their old players.

In about 10 years we can have our Yamal breakthrough and buy old Vini Jr from Madrid! Seems like a plan to me.

Our history boasts amazing young finds beginning with the Babes and going on through kids like Sparky and Norman Whiteside to Scholes and co. Believe it or not, before Matt Busby and Jimmy Murphy, Manchester's best kids ended up at Maine Road because their youth system was far superior. It was the advent of MUJAC that started it all for us. It was allowed to rot in the 80s until Fergie resurrected it.
I believe we are amongst the best academies in the world, we're not La Masia by any stretch but we produce a fairly number of talents. Players like Mainoo and Garnacho are proof of that, the problem is that every player we draft looks better when they start playing for us and then it slowly deteriorates. The culture of the club is rotten and the players get infected by it.

See Rashford, he was once a truly exciting player and now it's a shadow of what he used to be. This whole superstar culture without achieving anything is terrible for development. I fear the same thing will happen to Mainoo and Garnacho.We used to be great, but that was a long time ago, now we have accepted mediocrity, we have learned to live in it. Managers, players and even the fan base. It emanates from the top and radiates throughout the club.

I admire Madrid's ambition, after they won the UCL last season they interviewed Florentino asked him how he felt after winning it again, he answered "I don't care, we're working towards the next one" I felt like damn that's what I would want for my club, instead we have a manager talking about some progress towards the Mickey Mouse Cup and how the team will be hard to beat by a mid-league team.We can forget about buying the next Yamal or who ever, for the truly world class talents it's not only about money but ambition and we've shown we only have the first one.

I believe we are amongst the best academies in the world, we're not La Masia by any stretch but we produce a fairly number of talents. Players like Mainoo and Garnacho are proof of that, the problem is that every player we draft looks better when they start playing for us and then it slowly deteriorates. The culture of the club is rotten and the players get infected by it.

See Rashford, he was once a truly exciting player and now it's a shadow of what he used to be. This whole superstar culture without achieving anything is terrible for development. I fear the same thing will happen to Mainoo and Garnacho.We used to be great, but that was a long time ago, now we have accepted mediocrity, we have learned to live in it. Managers, players and even the fan base. It emanates from the top and radiates throughout the club.

I admire Madrid's ambition, after they won the UCL last season they interviewed Florentino asked him how he felt after winning it again, he answered "I don't care, we're working towards the next one" I felt like damn that's what I would want for my club, instead we have a manager talking about some progress towards the Mickey Mouse Cup and how the team will be hard to beat by a mid-league team.We can forget about buying the next Yamal or who ever, for the truly world class talents it's not only about money but ambition and we've shown we only have the first one.
Matt Busby never accepted that. He and Murphy were determined to get the best and brightest kids into the United academy and they did that by playing young talent in the first team. They had kids flocking to Old Trafford to play. Fergie resurrected that and, for the longest time, we produced excellence and kids that did what the Babes could not. 2024 has its own problems with social media, exorbitant salaries and the pressures they bring. The Glazers, and to a lesser extent (maybe) Martin Edwards, switched the focus of the club from sporting excellence to making money. Fergie's retirement pulled back the curtains on their grubby operation and now we are living with, as you say, mediocrity. I don't know if INEOS are going to be much better but they've put a structure in place that should bring results. They just need a world-class manager to buy into their scheme and who knows if that will happen.

As to your comments on Real, I couldn't agree more. They have been our friends for a long time now and theirs is the model to emulate. Apart from their Galactico period, Real have led the way in how a club should be run.