We must buy the next Yamal

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Watching Barca toy with Bayern, I realized that they have bought their best players: de jong, Raphinia, even Yamal himself.

Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

I know that we are not used to operate like this. Perhaps the reason was that SAF did not like to work with super-star players. Or he did not like to spend. Or the owners did not give him money. We don't know the truth but it does not matter any more. Things have changed.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Yoro is a start but he is not enough

Watching Barca toy with Bayern, I realized that they have bought their best players: de jong, Raphinia, even Yamal himself.

Man Utd is the richest football club in the world. We should identify and buy the best players in the world. That's how we'll be as good or better than Barca and Real. There is no other way. We cannot expect to produce this type of talent. We have to identify it and buy it.

I know that we are not used to operate like this. Perhaps the reason was that SAF did not like to work with super-star players. Or he did not like to spend. Or the owners did not give him money. We don't know the truth but it does not matter any more. Things have changed.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Yoro is a start but he is not enough
No we are not the richest.

Also you don't just buy youngsters like Yamal, you train them as well, and we are not great at it.

I mean we'd need good scouts for that and our scouts based on previous are absolutely awful.

Surely this coulda gone in three other threads, most notably the what do we still need transfer thread or something else.

We need better scout structure of course, everything from the top. We aren’t an attractive project to anyone.
I don't want dreams, I want yamal to play for Manchester United
That is by definition a fream until he’s 32 years old by the way we are going
No we are not the richest.

Also you don't just buy youngsters like Yamal, you train them as well, and we are not great at it.
for the most part yes, Garnacho and Mainoo have turned out fine. ETH would be better off with youngsters who wanna follow him

Surely this coulda gone in three other threads, most notably the what do we still need transfer thread or something else.

We need better scout structure of course, everything from the top. We aren’t an attractive project to anyone.

That is by definition a fream until he’s 32 years old by the way we are going

for the most part yes, Garnacho and Mainoo have turned out fine. ETH would be better off with youngsters who wanna follow him
Mainoo feels like a blank slate when he came to the first team.

We'll buy the current Yamal when he's 34 years old, and injury prone. We'll offer him a 5 year contract to protect his "asset value".

You need divine intervention, not cash.
4gp562T.jpeg

You need divine intervention, not cash.
4gp562T.jpeg
It's a shame we wasted over a decade of SAF's ambassadorial position on him doing speeches and whatnot. If we'd had him going to christenings every week, we'd be sure to get the next great manager in 30-40 years. Typical failure to plan ahead.

We could probably buy the last Yamal (Fati) for a nearly new packet of crisps.

Since our scouts are rubbish, why not have some type of auction or event each year where the big south american teams bring their best players and we can choose who we want to buy.

We are the richest club in the world but we cannot expect to get anywhere with Evans and the likes we have been producing during the past decade. We have to spend a lot and buy the best players. Yoro is a start but he is not eW
Even if we identify the next superstars with our magic crystal ball, why do you think they will sell to us? We have atleast 10 other clubs that is more interesting for young gems. if you buy 15-16 year olds, maybe 1 out of 10 becomes world class, should we spend 60-100 mill on each one of them? This is a stupid question and an impossible thing to do.

I think we should go one step further and find the perfect genetics in male and female form. Athletic? check! Stong? check! Super fast? Check! Mentally sound? Check! Ball skills? Check etc etc.
Pay them £250k a year to just keep making babies and give them life time contracts from birth. In 25 years time we will have a squad full of Yamal's!!

those were the days!! Identify it and buy it! :lol::lol:

As much as I hate to admit it :

I think we need to buy the next Salah instead.

The player entering his prime and ready to dominate the league. Its easier to find.

The closest we got to this is Angel Di Maria who couldn't settle down in Manchester & Bruno Fernandes when he arrived like a bright spark in January. Why we have had so few is mostly due to the low quality and high role given to the managers.

With all respect to Zirkzee and Hojlund they had 11 & 9 goals in a Serie A season; as patient as we can be - we do have to wait for them to grow to the level we want as a mere example.

I heard on this forum - but apparently Ole wanted Haaland got Ronaldo or Cavani, he wanted grealish but got VDB, Moyes was close to signing Kroos etc

We need a top hiercahy to target & convince the best players both in their prime and as youngsters to join us; stop living in a life where the manager is the highest focal point at Old Trafford. Same goes for the managers, stop baffling around with Moyes (should have gone with Jose straight after SAF), an then an aged LVG & Jose and Ole. Ten Hag was a gamble in the right direction but ultimately was given too much control over management & transfers of the club rather than just made being a coach of the players given to him.

Last edited:

You think so? We were hoovering up top players under SAF. We bought the two Yamals of the era 20 years ago, in consecutive summers.

There's no chance of this happening. Players like this are always hoovered up by Barca and Real. They've done it for decades and the only club likely to change that is Abu Dhabi.