We are an averagely coached team

I will talk about our possible system, tactics, pressing after the rayo vallecano match.

It’s small details but the pressing of our attacking players seems much more organised and the way we take short goalkicks to De Gea is interesting. Worked well too. We worked the ball out from the back much better than usual.

We fecked it up once in the second half, but we we were actually passing it back to our keepers stronger foot. That makes a difference

So proud to be around the day this one was posted. Hope it’s as entertaining as it’s cousin, the ‘awfully’ version.

This thread needs to be deleted and Desert Eagle should get a week-long ban! And if this season ends up being shit, even due to no transfers, Desert Eagle also needs to be blamed for jinxing us :D

This thread needs to be deleted and Desert Eagle should get a week-long ban! And if this season ends up being shit, even due to no transfers, Desert Eagle also needs to be blamed for jinxing us :D
We don't need transfers, cancel all of them - we're going 38 wins in a row

I will wait couple if months until the usual suspects down tools. Will be interesting to see how he deals with that.

We were made to look far worse than we actually were last season because OGS awful effort at implementing a progressive style left us badly exposed and confidence was at rock-bottom by the time RR arrived.

Hopefully it won't take much for us to improve this season, I still think overall we're a better team than Arsenal and Spurs and roughly on-par with Chelsea at our best

Although it’s still early days, everything’s looking positive, the players seem happy, there’s nothing bad being leaked (so far) all the training videos look quality and you can see what ten Hag wants to do, and he’s a perfectionist, if it’s wrong he lets them know and they learn from there mistakes. Add a few quality additions and we’ll be flying. Ten Hag is the one we’ve been waiting for, for so long.

Feels like a thread primed to blow up in our face but I really hope we have plenty of reason to bump it this season.

It's probably best to retitle the thread "We are a coached team." Maximum flexibility in case we get either relegated or win the CL-less quad.

This team has been under coached for half a decade, simply by EtH being a competent coach we will put more points on the board by default. I didn’t get to watch todays game so can’t speak on those specifics but I’ve been telling all the naysayers we’ll be as good as any non-Pool/City side this season. Yes transfers haven’t happened yet but some will & couple that with what talent we do have actually being put into a system I don’t see flaws in us that others don’t have in areas.

All that said, we’re still miles off where we should want to be but we won’t be losing 6 away games on the bounce next season.

Love the positivity here, didn't watch the game but can anyone post clips of patterns of play or something like that from the match?

Yeah just like during Van Gaal's first preseason. Ashley Young beast mode, everyone seemed to know what they were doing even the youngsters.

I'll take it. I saw them all running.

If we get that kind of attitude throughout the season and get a top 4 I'd be happy for the campaign.

Also be happy to see the youngsters develop while forgiving the inevitable mistakes.

Long way to go after a friendly obviously but at least we were watchable and I can't remember the last time the end of the season was so bad.

I just love that we now have a manager who a) knows how to set up and how to coach a team to play the football he wants to see and b) has the authority and ruthless streak to get rid of the loafers.

Ole and Ralf seem so far away already.

ETH's attention to detail seems refreshing. Hopefully we'll see a difference in play once the season kicks off.

Actually really liked that he said there were a lot of mistakes in a 4-0 friendly win. I still think he's got a truly massive task with this club to get top 4 this season but i'm loving his attitude already.

According to Andy Mitten on the latest Talk of the Devils podcast at 15:48
Link

"Ten Hag's training, someone said to me, is actually quite similar to Kieran McKenna and Solskjaer's sessions. And that was said as a compliment."

As great as these videos look, it's important to remember this is only preseason and we don't really have anything to compare it to under previous managers.

According to Andy Mitten on the latest Talk of the Devils podcast at 15:48
Link

"Ten Hag's training, someone said to me, is actually quite similar to Kieran McKenna and Solskjaer's sessions. And that was said as a compliment."

As great as these videos look, it's important to remember this is only preseason and we don't really have anything to compare it to under previous managers.
It can't be, we have seen the game we never set up like the way we did first half vs pool.

Dropping Maguire, Shaw and Ronaldo

Making a midfield of Eriksen, mctom and Bruno get the better of an admittedly weak Liverpool midfield.

Trusting Dalot could be big for his season

The sub of Martial that led to the second goal is great proactive reading of the game .

The first two games were bad but clear problems have been identified and hopefully fixed. Look forward to how our team looks with Tony as the spearpoint this weekend.

I'm gonna camp in the middle. Where I think the manager is elite but will the shitty owners ruin the best hire they have made.

dropped the right players and managed to get some fire in the team. like night and day compared to the first two games. hopefully it’s the start of something special, but we’ve been here before. let’s see if the players are still reacting in a few weeks.

i hope he is backed if certain elements of the changing room turn against him and drag the rest of the side down, naming no names, i don’t know any.

maguire, ronaldo, shaw.