Was it a penalty?

So Kane shouldn’t shoot the ball? I don’t understand. Watch the gif on the previous page and tell me how Kanes follow through initiates the contact?

What action do you think Kane should do to avoid contact?

I am not passionate about this, I’m not sure if I think it was a pen or not.

No Kane did nothing wrong. But that doesnt mean Dumfries did enough to give a penalty, or that it was a really bad action

Actually I take it back Kane should have scored, he swung for power when he just needed to direct it in the corner. But he didnt do anything wrong in terms of fouling someone.

The point is that Kane's swing and follow through causes the contact, which then asks the question of whether its a penalty because Kane got the ball and Dumfries didnt. And its a soft one but one you can ask for. If Dumfries has his studs like that and challenges for the ball, misses and then contacts a standing Kane then thats where its very nasty and could be a red.

Its almost like the two last pages in this thread doesn’t know there’s a clear Saka handball before the incident that leads to Kane getting the ball which should null the penalty.

No Kane did nothing wrong. But that doesnt mean Dumfries did enough to give a penalty, or that it was a really bad action

Actually I take it back Kane should have scored, he swung for power when he just needed to direct it in the corner. But he didnt do anything wrong in terms of fouling someone.

The point is that Kane's swing and follow through causes the contact, which then asks the question of whether its a penalty because Kane got the ball and Dumfries didnt. And its a soft one but one you can ask for. If Dumfries has his studs like that and challenges for the ball, misses and then contacts a standing Kane then thats where its very nasty and could be a red.
Respect your opinion but for me I just can’t get my head around Kane taking a shot in the box as he is entitled to, and literally a millisecond after the ball leaves his foot (and with Kanes foot being quite early in the ball striking movement) Kane being seen as the one initiating contact. Maybe if Kane had shot and his foot had completed the swing and then his foot collides into the others I’d agree.

Especially as Dumfries had ran towards Kane and had his leg extended.

It was a horrifying, shocking pen call but it’s a roll of the dice now whenever there’s contact in the box. We’ve seen worse decisions before we’ll see worse decisions again but this one was an all time shock pen call.

can’t wait for our gift of a penalty in the final.

Looking at twitter for proof of anything is absolutely laughable :lol:
I'm showing that the vast majority of observers thought it wasn't a pen, it's a pretty big sample size, and only searching in English the language of the team given the pen.

And each of those 26 got more likes, so it's even worse than 26/1.

Laughing at data is not the killer argument you think it is.

Its almost like the two last pages in this thread doesn’t know there’s a clear Saka handball before the incident that leads to Kane getting the ball which should null the penalty.
Its almost like you don't know the handball law. It was discussed at length.

I'm showing that the vast majority of observers thought it wasn't a pen, it's a pretty big sample size, and only searching in English the language of the team given the pen.

And each of those 26 got more likes, so it's even worse than 26/1.

Laughing at data is not the killer argument you think it is.

27 tweets is not a big sample size at all.

Yes mate, Dumfries was definitely just standing there and not lunging towards Kane with a leg extended and studs showing.

This is definitely a man who's just "standing there"
index.php

Give your head a wobble, please

Last edited:
Its almost like you don't know the handball law. It was discussed at length.

Every incident in Premier League that has a handball for the scoring side gets cancelled. No matter how little it’s touched with the hand.

On top of that, it would be very strange to not call it when Germany gets a super soft pen for the smallest incident of hands against Denmark.