Victor Lindelof image 2

Victor Lindelof Sweden flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

I suspect he's been told he can go and isn't in the plans, hence his very little involvement in pre-season.
If that is the case, he should have a lot of interested buyers. I am glad we appear to have upgraded him; however never thought he was as awful as some people made out. Would get into many mid table teams in the Premier league.

Lindelof hasnt been a bad player for us. Hes obviously not reached the heights we hoped but at the time we signed him he was around 23 and had been a part of a very succesful benfica side. He cost about thirty million and has played 260 times for us, and became the captain of his country in this time too. I dont think he has ever played so bad a particular game stands out, but he didnt kick on the way we might have hoped when we signed him. My biggest disappointment is that I remember expecting him to be a very physical defender and he wasnt at all.

Lindelof hasnt been a bad player for us. Hes obviously not reached the heights we hoped but at the time we signed him he was around 23 and had been a part of a very succesful benfica side. He cost about thirty million and has played 260 times for us, and became the captain of his country in this time too. I dont think he has ever played so bad a particular game stands out, but he didnt kick on the way we might have hoped when we signed him. My biggest disappointment is that I remember expecting him to be a very physical defender and he wasnt at all.

He's been bang average, is now probably 5th choice if not 6th choice, and was outperformed by 35yo Evans last season.

He was a player we all expected so so much from when he was signed and never really made it to be the first choice for a whole season.

I still don’t know why Jose signed him when he usually gets his centre backs spot on

Especially when doing punditry a few years later he said Lindelof doesnt like heading the ball. Weird he would accept the transfer

Not the same as being a fanboy though. :lol:

He has at least one dedicated fanboy, who literally has 100s/1000s of posts in each of his performance threads defending Lindelof over the past 6-7 years. It's been said many times that some of his fans are better defenders than the Swede himself. I mean look at the bolded bit below, where does he get this reputation?

No offence but how can people still have this opinion? I can name you several high profile games, Europa League semi final against Seville 2020, Europa League Final 2021 and FA Cup Final last year. Check out the highlights yourself and see where he did his usual thing of being 'involved' aka was in the vicinity of but did nothing to affect the first goals conceded. All games we lost. Of the other 3 finals he didn't start or play a minute in, we won 2. It's not a coincidence.

That's not even getting into the hundreds of mediocre regular league or cup games to choose from.

Last edited:
You'd imagine he'd leave this window now. If we manage to get 10 million I will be impressed.

What are you drinking?

Especially when doing punditry a few years later he said Lindelof doesnt like heading the ball. Weird he would accept the transfer
Which was funny seeing Lindelof miss the ball he was jumping for in the warmups of that match

You'd imagine he'd leave this window now. If we manage to get 10 million I will be impressed.
He is the Swedish captain. I dont know the wages he is on, but i think 15-20m would be possible. Surely some decent Bundesliga club could buy him from us, Stuttgart or Frankfurt for example. If only a Turkish club is involved, will be difficult to get a high fee.

He is the Swedish captain. I dont know the wages he is on, but i think 15-20m would be possible. Surely some decent Bundesliga club could buy him from us, Stuttgart or Frankfurt for example. If only a Turkish club is involved, will be difficult to get a high fee.
I’d be stunned if it’s more than £10m - 30, last year of contract and to be fair quite injury prone in recent years.

Would happily take £6m for him at this stage

I think he’s on 120k per week

If we manage to sell him do it’ll be between £5-10m and not a penny more. He has 1 year left of his contract, is 30 and has very high wages (120k/w). We are in a market here our own AWB goes for £15m and he is younger than Lindelof, on lower wages than Lindelof and most importantly do also have a English tax which Lindelof does not have

What are you drinking?

Im not a huge fan or anything, and never thought he was good enough to start but I suppose im comparing him to bailly, rojo, darmian and telles as post ferguson defender signings for example, not to mention some disastrous signings in other areas. I dont think Lindelof belongs in that category and overall has just been about an average player for us, rather than a disaster. at the time, i can see why the signing made sense as i said above, but he just didnt develop the way we might have hoped mourinho could develop him. Overall i think he was just a bit too soft for the PL

He's been here so long that there's no PSR book value, so I think anything we get will count as pure profit.

He's never been the awful player that some people will tell you. He looked good when playing alongside Varane but often just average, the classic 6/10 player. If we can get 10m and he wants to go then that's fine. If we keep him for squad depth for another season then it's not a disaster.

The Daily Mail are reporting that he is walking with crutches. I haven't seen that reported elsewhere.

Hopefully, we don't need him for the team but it could compromise our ability to sell him.

I like Lindelof and think he's a decent player but would be great if we can sell him now and make some profit instead of him leaving for free next summer. He's 30 so few more years left on top level and another league like Italy or perhaps going back to Portugal would probably be good for him.

Sell Lindelof and get Hermoso who can play both as LCB and LB. We'd have Martinez/Hermoso/Evans for LCB and Yoro/de Ligt/Maguire for RCB. That's great depth and quality as well in central defence area imo.

He's going to survive for another year here because he got injured. His 8th(!) season here. It was a poor decision to activate his extension in January. He would have been off the books this season.

He's going to survive for another year here because he got injured. His 8th(!) season here. It was a poor decision to activate his extension in January. He would have been off the books this season.
Probably the price of not having our management team in place yet at the time. It's going to be millions of wasted money to have him here for another season.

Probably the price of not having our management team in place yet at the time. It's going to be millions of wasted money to have him here for another season.
Yeah, it's a shame it didn't get finalised earlier. The old management team shouldn't have been extending contracts before the deal was complete.

He probably won't even make it to 10 appearances this season.

Yeah, it's a shame it didn't get finalised earlier. The old management team shouldn't have been extending contracts before the deal was complete.

He probably won't even make it to 10 appearances this season.

Fairly sure he will play a lot more than that. On the face of it we have signed two new CBs however one is currently injured and out for a couple more months and on the other hand we released Varane and sold Kambwala and have now also sold Fish who I thought might take the Kambwala role. We also signed Mazaroui but sold AWB so again we have not actually increased our FB options and Shaw and Malacia remain out. Last season Victor played 28 times and was deployed in a number of positions and barring a marked improvement in our injury luck he will probably do the same again.

A complete waste of space at this point. First one to get shifted when he’s fed up of sponging in the stands.

No one in for him at all by the looks - cannot remember him being linked with any club at all. Says a lot about something.

De Ligt, Martinez, Yoro, Maguire, Evans, Lindelof

Crazy we have 6 senior CBs

De Ligt, Martinez, Yoro, Maguire, Evans, Lindelof

Crazy we have 6 senior CBs
Personally think he makes more appearances than Macguire this season. Lindelöf has more pace so we can play a higher line so the midfielders aren’t as exposed as when Macguire forces us to play deep given his lack of pace. Lindelöf can also cover both fullback positions and has good distribution off the ball.

Ultimately isn’t good enough to be a starter but a better back up than Macguire.

An absolutely useless, weak defender who always backs off from the attacker and allows them to shoot. He has always been dreadful.

Personally think he makes more appearances than Macguire this season. Lindelöf has more pace so we can play a higher line so the midfielders aren’t as exposed as when Macguire forces us to play deep given his lack of pace. Lindelöf can also cover both fullback positions and has good distribution off the ball.

Ultimately isn’t good enough to be a starter but a better back up than Macguire.
Lindelof is not better than "Macguire" as you call him. It's Maguire. Put some respect on his name.

What’s the point in having pace when you just let them run past you?

Learn to spell Maguires name