Victor Lindelof image 2

Victor Lindelof Sweden flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

8a376f46172183aaa9f840a425df55a3Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjk3ODkyNzI2-2.74008396.jpg

Full Name: Victor Jörgen Nilsson-Lindelöf
Date of Birth: Jul 17, 1994
Nationality: Sweden
147.png

Height: 187cm
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: HCM Sports Management
Squad Number: #2
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2025
Date of Last Contract Extension: Jan 4, 2024​

What's the status here? With Yoro in and possibly another one on the way he must be out. Haven't heard anything about any interest though.

What's the status here? With Yoro in and possibly another one on the way he must be out. Haven't heard anything about any interest though.

He’s available it seems by all accounts. Only link I saw was Fenerbache but they signed Soyuncu from Atletico so not sure if that option might now potentially be closed. Definitely the right time to move him on for me.

He’s available it seems by all accounts. Only link I saw was Fenerbache but they signed Soyuncu from Atletico so not sure if that option might now potentially be closed. Definitely the right time to move him on for me.
Definitely, us having to rely on players like him is a big issue.

How he's been able to stick around for this long is beyond me.

Im afraid well end up keeping him because lack of offers and we'll sell Maguire. Per mi understanding he only has 1 year left on his contact so this is the right time to sell him. 10-15M whatever we can get for him.

Surely he'd have some suitors from the likes of Turkey and so on.

Is he injured?

Hasnt featured yet in pre season and he's been back training.

Odd that he wasn’t even in the squad today. Could be a sign of an upcoming move to another club.

That's what the gutter press is reporting. Hopefully, we'll get Ferdi in exchange from Fener.
Probably need to give them 15 million and Lindelof for that to happen. Amazed at how restricted our transfer budget is...

Probably need to give them 15 million and Lindelof for that to happen. Amazed at how restricted our transfer budget is...
Thr budget may be limited because of all the profligate spending all these years but I also think INEOS are being cautious and don't want to jump into deals at any price. It's going to take a little while to change our reputation of being idiots.

Like clockwork, Lindelof is fit again to save the day ... "He's the hero United deserves, but not the one it needs right now"

Courtesy of @David De Gea from the Onana thread.

Lindelof's 'defending':

Slows himself down, put his hand behinds his back making himself small and doesn't even try to close down Salah's cross. Truly pathetic.

Courtesy of @David De Gea from the Onana thread.

Lindelof's 'defending':

Slows himself down, put his hand behinds his back making himself small and doesn't even try to close down Salah's cross. Truly pathetic.

He’s always been a very ordinary player. Someone like Andersen at Palace or Zouma at West Ham were much better CBs yet Lindelof has made how many appearances for this club?

He’s always been a very ordinary player. Someone like Andersen at Palace or Zouma at West Ham were much better CBs yet Lindelof has made how many appearances for this club?

His reputation on here far exceeds his actual productivity on the pitch. Even today, I read someone say he's a 'great containing style defender'. He's not great at anything other than not being involved.

His reputation on here far exceeds his actual productivity on the pitch. Even today, I read someone say he's a 'great containing style defender'. He's not great at anything other than not being involved.

Agreed. He's one of the most passive center backs I've seen play at this club.

That was an awful post, it's a one time off.

I don't think great and Lindelof have been mentioned in the same sentence ever before. He's the opposite of great in all he does as a defender. Weak, slow, timid, soft, small.

Hope he gets sold.

Why wasn’t he involved on saturday? Any news about him?
Hopefully it's because we're negotiating his exit.

Me being a complete fan of high intensity aggressive defenders such as Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam, Lisandro, etc can't stand him. He's the complete opposite to those I mentioned he hasn't got any aggressiveness at all.

I get not all CB's styles are the same but it's infuriating how passive he is. Can't stand such lack of fire in a player specially in a defender.

You never see him angered or fired up, never screams or commands the defense he has absolutely no leadership skills at all. As a player you can see the aura on some of the defenders. They know it's going to be a hard day they know they'll be physically challenged/abused but not with Lindelof, they surely crave facing him he's the softest defender on the premier league.

Now after saying all this I got to be fair, got to recognize his amazing skill of pointing out opposition players while he's backing up. No one does it like him.

Last edited:
Was he always playing centre back through his development?

@MyOnlySolskjaer - You included their height, kudos, excellent work! :+1:

He's a very average centre back.

He's 5th choice centre back would you say? Maybe even 6th behind Evans?

I'd probably rather Evans play than Lindelof.

Hopefully it's because we're negotiating his exit.

Me being a complete fan of high intensity aggressive defenders such as Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam, Lisandro, etc can't stand him. He's the complete opposite to those I mentioned he hasn't got any aggressiveness at all.

I get not all CB's styles are the same but it's infuriating how passive he is. Can't stand such lack of fire in a player specially in a defender.

You never see him angered or fired up, never screams or commands the defense he has absolutely no leadership skills at all. As a player you can see the aura on some of the defenders. They know it's going to be a hard day they know they'll be physically challenged/abused but not with Lindelof, they surely crave facing him he's the softest defender on the premier league.

Now after saying all this I got to be fair, got to recognize his amazing skill of pointing out opposition players while he's backing up. No one does it like him.

Agreed, can’t stand him. As a Swede it’s been a horrible time watching him be far too important for United and the national team. Safe to say a lot of swedes don’t rate him either. During his captaincy for the national team we have pretty much never performed worse.

He is soft, probably a good guy and all but he is too soft.

The words Lindelof and performances should not appear without the word poor between them.

He is a player with limited capabilities. Good squad player at best. Should never have been given this long a rope to come good.

Physically just not good enough in a high speed, transition oriented team. Physically not tall enough or strong enough to be a deep, low block CB either.

Compare him to even a kid like Yoro and you see the obvious, immediate difference.

He’s great at containing himself. The Mctominay of centre backs. Both are overhyped by their fan boys when in reality, they’re both terrible at their primary role.

He’s great at containing himself. The Mctominay of centre backs. Both are overhyped by their fan boys when in reality, they’re both terrible at their primary role.
Who the hell is a Lindelof fanboy?!

For his sake and ours, he should be moved on. He's way down the pecking order now, as he should be.