5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does strike the ball quite nicely. Behind the striker?

I am not Lindelof's biggest fan, everyone knows that. However, credit where credit's due, not only did he score the winner but he helped us become better defensively when he went to left back. I will never believe he's United quality. Nonetheless, I'm not so biased or agenda driven to try and act like he didn't do well today.

Outshined a lot by Maguire nowadays, nicely taken goal though.

I am not Lindelof's biggest fan, everyone knows that. However, credit where credit's due, not only did he score the winner but he helped us become better defensively when he went to left back. I will never believe he's United quality. Nonetheless, I'm not so biased or agenda driven to try and act like he didn't do well today.

He did fine today. But defending against Luton is not good enough. For numerous games over the last 7 years he has showed that his overall performances isn’t good enough.

Probably a good lad. But he needs to move on.

Not his biggest fan despite his fantastic hair, good looks and uncanny ability to wind people up like the footballer equivalent of glaston but he played alright today

He was good today. Asked to suddenly switch position but worked it well.

Appreciate the goal, but now he is going to start for the next 3 months!
Most likely. After all, he has the same amount of goals+assists as all United’s forwards together (Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho, Martial, and Antony) :cool:

I thought he was a bit naff in the first half. Usual Lindelof bleh-ness - plus at one point the ball was in the air and instead of heading it to the right where we had about 4 players, he headed it left where we had 1 player and 4 Luton players... which was dozy at best.

Better in the second half though - was being far more aggressive, and then got a nice goal on top of that. So fair enough.

Had a bit of a mare today playing for Sweden. Seriously at fault for the 1st and also let the assist pass him for the 2nd. All within the 1st 6 mins v Azerbaijan.

Everton 0:3 Man Utd
Not very good during the 45m as a defender. I believe he made a few bad passes in the build up but he also made some really great long passes forward. I believe he started the Garnacho goal with his long pass forward? He made another very good long pass forward later too.

I dont dislike Lindelof but im looking forward to having Martinez back in that LCB role. Martinez is even better passing forward but also a more agressive (and better) defender.

Lindelof's distribution today was an SOS to Lisandro Martinez. At least he defended, more or less, ok. However, especially in the first half, I lost track of the amount of times his poor passing or panicky clearances played us into difficulty. He's just not the required standard. To think, when he signed he was marketed as a 'ball playing' centre back.

He's a nice guy but United isn't a charity. We need to move on from players like Lindelof.

Thankfully he zipped it in the 2nd half. Against more clinical opponent, this could be bumpy ride.

Thought he was totally crap in the first half. Usual wet Lindelof stuff.

Bit better in the second half... But still, need Evans back.

Mixed bag in first half where he had some disastrous passes but also some opening long balls like the one for the first goal. Also some troubles with DCL. Second much better and another clean sheet.

The ball to release Rashford for the opener was sublime. Lindelöf has his wet bird moments but his passing to release the forwards early can sometimes be completely worth it.

Great ball to Dalot for Garnacho goal. Completely outstrengthed (?) by DCL. Not United level in due to lack of physicality

He would excel in a 3 man defence where he isn't asked to defend 1:1 and always have a covering defender .

A couple of super long passes, including in the build-up to Garnacho's goal. At least two awful passes near the edge of our box. Couldn't handle Calvert-Lewin's speed, height or physicality. Good defending from a dangerous cross in the 2nd half and decent pass in the move that led to Rashford creating a chance at the far post for Garnacho that went narrowly wide.

The worry that any combative striker will normally get the better of him is why he can’t be here in more than a squad capacity. Good on the ball, and decent without being great as a defender but he’s too passive. Licha is like half his height and weight but wouldn’t have hung off DCL like a windsock as Lindelof did.

Fantastic pass in the build up to the goal and saved on the line in the second half. Other than that a performance below average.

The worry that any combative striker will normally get the better of him is why he can’t be here in more than a squad capacity. Good on the ball, and decent without being great as a defender but he’s too passive. Licha is like half his height and weight but wouldn’t have hung off DCL like a windsock as Lindelof did.
Squad player is what he is, when we have a fit set of CB's he doesn't play which is the way it should be

A couple of super long passes, including in the build-up to Garnacho's goal. At least two awful passes near the edge of our box. Couldn't handle Calvert-Lewin's speed, height or physicality. Good defending from a dangerous cross in the 2nd half and decent pass in the move that led to Rashford creating a chance at the far post for Garnacho that went narrowly wide.

Pretty much this. 2-3 good passes, 2-3 bad passes, 2-3 decent defensive moments and about 3-5 bad defensive moments.

He would excel in a 3 man defence where he isn't asked to defend 1:1 and always have a covering defender.

Excel in which way? He'd have to be comfortable defending the channels if he's on the side, be aggressive and on the front if he's in the middle and really good on the ball, carrying it out from the back and dictating the tempo. Time and time again, we've seen hundreds of times he'll back away from challenges and will lead attackers into his own box; apart from a good long ball, which is not a consistent ability you can rely on in a game, he's not near brave enough to dictate the ball on his own terms or take the lead.

If you said, 'he'll play better' in a back three then sure, as it's bit of a nothing comment but 'excel' is an outrageous take after what we've seen for the last 7 years.

anyone still remember he was nicknamed "Iceman" in his Benfica days? He has turned into a panicky player now obviously.

Pretty much this. 2-3 good passes, 2-3 bad passes, 2-3 decent defensive moments and about 3-5 bad defensive moments.

Excel in which way? He'd have to be comfortable defending the channels if he's on the side, be aggressive and on the front if he's in the middle and really good on the ball, carrying it out from the back and dictating the tempo. Time and time again, we've seen hundreds of times he'll back away from challenges and will lead attackers into his own box; apart from a good long ball, which is not a consistent ability you can rely on in a game, he's not near brave enough to dictate the ball on his own terms or take the lead.

If you said, 'he'll play better' in a back three then sure, as it's bit of a nothing comment but 'excel' is an outrageous take after what we've seen for the last 7 years.

When you actually sit back and think about it.

He's been at the club 7 years and people still think he can be good, that's grim.

Should have replaced him with Pau Torres

Galatasaray 3:3 Man Utd
I am the first person to comment on this guy, the first!!

I always say it, he is the master of playing shit quietly. He is always there doing nothing. And him and Maguire have zero connection after all these years.

That third goal shouldn’t happen with better defending before we even talk about Onanas part.

Status
Not open for further replies.