Varane to Saudi league?

He looked class when he first joined. It's incredible how quickly players seem to go to shit once they get here.

Keep him, sack the manager, and bring in a coach who knows how to tailor fitness programs to the squad.

He is one of the only winners in the squad and we are going to sell him because we can’t coordinate players fitness programs or properly coach the team.

He never looks arsed to me, I get the feeling he came here for a payday when Madrid were getting tired of him being a sick note

Find it hard to believe he will be sold in January. Given the way the season is going, we don't have enough players as is.... Fully expect him and Casemiro to be sold in the summer though.

It's a shame how it's gone. On his day he's the best defender we had since Rio and Vidic. Injuries messed up what could have been a really top quality stint as a United player

feck saudi league. Unsettling players. I think it will be the norm in some time. Players reaching their 30s and then off to middle east to finance their next 10 generations.

Get 100m for him and Casemiro. I have always admired both of them and they had good moments here but both are passed it. It’s a pity we didn’t get them younger. There’s no need to sell at a cheap price, if the Saudis can afford 40m for Fabinho they can well afford 50 or more for Casemiro.

He never looks arsed to me, I get the feeling he came here for a payday when Madrid were getting tired of him being a sick note
I certainly don't agree. Thought he was brilliant for most of last season, and totally into it. No idea what's going on at the moment but he was certainly shocking on Wednesday.

30 years is no age for a centre back of his quality to join the retirement league. It's a sad state of affairs.

Money talks and you can't begrudge the guy to take the easy & lucrative option, but if that's his mindset I hope he leaves ASAP.
You can visibly see his body’s going. He’s played senior football since about 17 and as good as his positioning is and calmness under pressure is when you take away some of that pace and physicality, the level drops massively.

IMO he and Cas came here for a pension.Now even more beckons over at Saudi they'll jump at the chance.Get rid asap and start the build for two seasons down the line.

At the moment I’d sell him to Saudi in a heartbeat along with Casemiro, Mount, Sancho and Martial if theres any takers.

seasons over, lets get the money in the bank to rebuild next summer and give game time to the kids

At the moment I’d sell him to Saudi in a heartbeat along with Casemiro, Mount, Sancho and Martial if theres any takers.

seasons over, lets get the money in the bank to rebuild next summer and give game time to the kids
They'd be my picks too, along with Antony

Yeah it's time for him to go. I've been quite shocked by how often he gets injured, even just for a game or two. He's such a great player but isn't a good fit for us at the moment.

Should've been ruthless and got rid in time to sign Kim or another young promising talent, like Lukeba before the red bulls got to him.

If we were offered £50 million for Varane and Casemiro I’d take it as it’s also the £700K a week of their combined wages as well, bring in young hungry players with potential to excel into a world class player like Todibo and Thuram.

It’s crazy that until Sir Alex retired we very rarely ever signed ready made superstar players and always went with players who were on the cusp like RVN, Stam, Keane and Yorke or full of potential like Ronaldo, Rooney and Rio but since Sir Alex we seem to always try the ready made superstar on big wages but are on the downward spiral of their career.

But, the season isn't over.

Varane looked very good last season. I think once Martinez and Shaw are back Varane will be starting again alongside Martinez from Jan - May and will be needed.

We can still sell him next summer if Saudi are willing to pay.

They'd be my picks too, along with Antony

i just think that Varane and Casemiro are both fading in terms of performance and fitness and if we were successful in the here and now they’d be worth keeping, but when you consider we aren't getting near anything for at least 2 or 3 years you realise they are going to peter out to nothing here on big contracts and i think the best financial decision is to get them off the books now.

sancho is a goner and Martial is another who has been here two seasons too long.

i’d move Mount on because he’s just going to rot on the bench here - i’d get rid quickly to recoup most of the fee before we Donny Van De Beek him and in two seasons he’ll never have done anything in a Utd shirt and we wont even be able to shift him on loan

i’d sell Antony but we will take a massive hit on him as well. He epitomises Utd transfer business - , trendy, bought for 3 times his real value, thinks he’s amazing when hes shite.

But, the season isn't over.

Varane looked very good last season. I think once Martinez and Shaw are back Varane will be starting again alongside Martinez from Jan - May and will be needed.

We can still sell him next summer if Saudi are willing to pay.

Season is over from a competitive point of view. I’d be surprised if we achieve any more than europa conference via the league. The injuries narrative is a red herring and we will continue to struggle when we have a full squad imho. Also, injuries are part and parcel. When shaw returns theres no guarantee other players wont be injured instead. Other top teams dont fall to pieces and be unable to muster any level of acceptable performance because of 2 or 3 injuries sorry.

Champions league is done as is league cup.

If the money is on the table in January well worth taking for a declining player over 30 with a poor injury record on high wages. Him staying doesn't help us achieve anything

We’ve got another touch here. Without Saudi we’d be paying them off to leave. I can’t see Sancho moving there though
All depends on what the EA servers are like, if they don't have much service there!
Why would he ruin his fifa experience when it inevitably comes out he's turning up to training tired....

Yeah, I don't think he's particularly ambitious about his football these days. He obviously has a point in speaking out against the overload of fixtures, but considering he spends half his time injured anyway and given he's always the first player on the scene when the issue is brought up, he comes across as not really wanting to play all that much. Or at the very least only wanting to play on his own schedule.

He was in with a very good chance of being the France NT captain after the World Cup, but took himself out of the running by retiring altogether. Good money and a jolly kickabout once a fortnight will do for him, I'd guess.

Personally, I think Sancho to Al Hilal is pretty likely. He idolises Neymar, who has been effusive in praising him in return. He's got no prospects in terms of the England setup, doesn't have any options in Europe on his salary, and can't be enjoying his current situation all that much either.

If, after months of seeing his stock at the top level fall to nothing, he still has the chance to get paid an obscene amount to do keepy-ups with his hero, I reckon he takes it.
Yeh maybe he is looking at how much money Benzema and Kante are earning there, and thought it would be once a life time opportunity for him there, so why not. There's probably nothing else he could achieve with France too, WC and 93 caps there, he had won it all.

i just think that Varane and Casemiro are both fading in terms of performance and fitness and if we were successful in the here and now they’d be worth keeping, but when you consider we aren't getting near anything for at least 2 or 3 years you realise they are going to peter out to nothing here on big contracts and i think the best financial decision is to get them off the books now.

sancho is a goner and Martial is another who has been here two seasons too long.

i’d move Mount on because he’s just going to rot on the bench here - i’d get rid quickly to recoup most of the fee before we Donny Van De Beek him and in two seasons he’ll never have done anything in a Utd shirt and we wont even be able to shift him on loan

i’d sell Antony but we will take a massive hit on him as well. He epitomises Utd transfer business - , trendy, bought for 3 times his real value, thinks he’s amazing when hes shite.
Let's hope that when Jim gets onboard and reshuffles our footballing structure less idiotically we will bite the bullet and take the financial hits in order to make so more positive signings Jan/summer

Would be good to get some cash for him.
Been poor for us throughout, yet people have the audacity to blame our defensive ills on Maguire et al.

Unfortunately Varane didn't solve anything And was nothing but a poor stop gap.

Never thought I would've wanted him to go when he first signed, but he's past his best and needs to leave.

He looked class when he first joined. It's incredible how quickly players seem to go to shit once they get here.
I honestly don't remember him having a good first season at all, i might be wrong. I just remember him seeming to be injured a lot and making a few mistakes when he was fit.

The big turning point for me was last season when we beat Liverpool at OT and he just commanded the defence and dominated. He had a very strong season.

Seems to have gone back to injured/shite again now. It's amazing how our players can never seemingly put in two good seasons in a row.

Maguire has been better than Varane this season

Has he really? We're still very leaky at the back. We've conceded 10 goals in three of the most important matches since Maguire's return to the starting lineup (City, a weakened Newcastle and the poorest team in our CL group, Copenhagen).

Season is over from a competitive point of view. I’d be surprised if we achieve any more than europa conference via the league. The injuries narrative is a red herring and we will continue to struggle when we have a full squad imho. Also, injuries are part and parcel. When shaw returns theres no guarantee other players wont be injured instead. Other top teams dont fall to pieces and be unable to muster any level of acceptable performance because of 2 or 3 injuries sorry.

Champions league is done as is league cup.

If the money is on the table in January well worth taking for a declining player over 30 with a poor injury record on high wages. Him staying doesn't help us achieve anything
The season is only over if we give up. If not, we still have a chance in the FA cup, a small chance in the champions league, a bigger chance in the Europa league and the fight for position in the premier league.

For me it doesn’t. Todibo is great but has weakness aerially.

Name an alternative at £40m then? I also think aerial ability isn’t our biggest concern right now. Having a fit, consistent, dominating back line is what we are kissing and I think Todibo helps bridge that gap.

Don’t get me wrong, he doesn’t solve all of our issues in defence, but he’s the right type of CB we need in the price bracket we can afford.

Keep him, sack the manager, and bring in a coach who knows how to tailor fitness programs to the squad.

He is one of the only winners in the squad and we are going to sell him because we can’t coordinate players fitness programs or properly coach the team.

:lol:

Maguire could outlast Varane, weird
If you were to pick the first name on the team sheet in defence right now it would be Harry anyways. Varane seems to have checked out mentally which is a shame.

We know physically he’s just not upto the fight twice a week. Hence why Madrid sold him.

If we can get our money back and replace him with Todibo or someone l, that would be great.

Name an alternative at £40m then? I also think aerial ability isn’t our biggest concern right now. Having a fit, consistent, dominating back line is what we are kissing and I think Todibo helps bridge that gap.

Don’t get me wrong, he doesn’t solve all of our issues in defence, but he’s the right type of CB we need in the price bracket we can afford.
If we sell Varane to Saudi it should be for 30-40m so surely we can top up with another 30m to get a total package in the 60-70m range? The way I see it, next summer we will absolutely need a RCB, DM, back up or starting LB and an experienced striker to push and share the load with Hoijlund. Assuming we sell Varane and Case to Saudi then we will have £60m and what we need will cost us:
CB - £60m
DM - £40m
LB - £30m
ST - £40m
That would an outlay of £110m and if we sell more pieces from our deadwood like McTominay, who has admirers, and find someone to take Antony and Sancho off our hands for another £60m combined that would even give us space for a back DM or a project RW.

If we up our scouting game and hunt in Leagues like Brazil and Argentina we could get a few young signings at half the going rate in the PL or around the continent.

He was so good when he arrived. Injuries and a nagging feeling he's not up for the challenge have dogged his time here. If we get a decent fee it's probably the right time.

Its a sad end, I was desperate for us to sign him a decade ago when he went to Madrid instead. As good as Rio on his day.