UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid vs Atalanta

Kick off in an hour. Mbappe debut. What a ridiculous line up. :lol:

I like this cup, feels like the start of the season and we get to see new signings for the first time.

Sucks that my favorite Madrid player Camavinga got hurt, but still really looking forward to seeing this potential super team.

Looking at the Madrid lineup you have to wonder whether there is enough goals in that side to have a competitive season.

Atalanta with too many absences to be competitive imho.
Scamacca and Scalvini tore their ACLs and will be available in 2025.
Koopmeiners and El Bilal Tourè both want to leave and asked to not be called.
Zaniolo and Toloi injuried

Just three non U23 players in the bench for Atalanta (Ben Godfrey, Bakker and Retgui)..
3-0 Madrid, one in the first half and another two in the last 30 mins.

Ally McCoist looks a tad rough.
My partner really enjoyed him on co-comms during the Euros and made the astute observation that he sounds ‘like a right pisshead’ - not sure if that’s simply on account of the Scottish accent though.

My partner really enjoyed him on co-comms during the Euros and made the astute observation that he sounds ‘like a right pisshead’ - not sure if that’s simply on account of the Scottish accent though.
Who knows. He looks like he has just fallen out of bed. Looks really scruffy.

Looking at the Madrid lineup you have to wonder whether there is enough goals in that side to have a competitive season.
Mbappe, Vinicius and even Bellingham will get all their goals. Bellingham had a fab season last year for them

Madrid going from GOAT midfield to no midfield in record time. Throwing long balls to those 3 might not be the most efficient idea.

I don't remember watching Madrid in a big game where they weren't outplayed in the last 3 years, despite having a top 2-3 squad in the world every time

But apparently Ancelotti is one of the "goats"

I don't remember watching Madrid in a big game where they weren't outplayed in the last 3 years, despite having a top 2-3 squad in the world every time

But apparently Ancelotti is one of the "goats"
One of the most decorated coaches who makes practically any player lineup work is not one of the goats?
Probably because he doesn't have some fancy "philosophy" I guess.