UEFA Conference League 2024/25

Horrible 1st half from Fiorentina against an unknown team: Puskas Akademia.
They've been saved by Manchester United legend David De Gea so far but I have the feeling La Viola won't even make Conference League gropus by how they played so far.

Chelsea shouldn't have much problems to win this competition.

EDIT: We already have the first big team surprisingly out, Lens from Ligue 1..

Lens went all in last season after getting a CL spot, it didn't pay off and the executives quickly reckoned they made a mistake and had to find quite a lot of revenue to pass accounting review. Plus Pana is definitely not the easiest club you can draw early.

You can have a young manager with potential but if you don't play well you Will Still get knocked out of the ECL.

I’m just glad none of our players came out of this game with an injury. Awful, awful pitch.

Icelandic teams moving on up slowly. Probably gaining a European spot next season.

Larne in front, a hat-trick for their star striker Andy Ryan. Lincoln Red Imps bring on a 42 year old to try and save the day.

Fiorentina concede in injury time, 1-1 going to extra time but they're down to ten men. DDG got to be at his best here

Fiorentina concede in injury time, 1-1 going to extra time but they're down to ten men. DDG got to be at his best here
How's he playing? I love DDG but when it comes to penalties he's probably the last goalkeeper I'd want. Hopefully he's the hero this time!

Cluj beat us in the Champions League at Old Trafford 1-0 in Sir Alex's final season
United went into that game already guaranteed top spot and fielded a youthful lineup with one eye on Sunday's Manchester derby. A match United won with van Persie injury time goal and sent United six points clear at the top of the Premier League.

Fiorentina might be looking at penalties.... Still time to change goalie

No injury time in the Fiorentina game despite two injuries in the 2nd half of extra time. It goes to pens.

Come on De Gea!

De Gea single-handedly saved Fiorentina tonight with 3 great saves today + the decisive penalty in the shoot-out.

Puskas were the better team and deserved to go through but if you fail to score not even one goal when you play TWO men-up for 25 minutes..

How you fail to beat 9 men at home

Amazing competition to see clubs like TNS, Larne or Paphos (Cyprus) there :)

But any other winner than Chelsea, Fiorentina or Real Betis would be a massive shock.

And only Chelsea have won recently a european cup......so for everyone else to win this competition would be amazing.

great to see Larne in there, i think Shamrock Rovers or Larne should both be hoping to get some results in this group, its £336,000 for a winning a group stage game and Larne have banked £2.6M prize money already just by getting to this stage so i would imagine Rovers got similar. Its a game changing amount of cash for these teams even if its seen as small change by Chelsea.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport...s/uefa-conference-league-prize-money-29835175

great to see Larne in there, i think Shamrock Rovers or Larne should both be hoping to get some results in this group, its £336,000 for a winning a group stage game and Larne have banked £2.6M prize money already just by getting to this stage so i would imagine Rovers got similar. Its a game changing amount of cash for these teams even if its seen as small change by Chelsea.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport...s/uefa-conference-league-prize-money-29835175

Larne have got really tough fixtures and will likely struggle, Hearts fixtures dont look easy either

Bad draw for Víkingur. Cyprus and Armenia are difficult and expensive flights. The teams aren't really exciting but at the same time all good enough for Víkingur to possibly get points. Can't say I'm familiar at all with Borac or Noah. Borac at home might be the best bet at points as the travel from Bosnia isn't great either.