U16s: SuperCupNI 2024 (21-26 July)

Well I doubt there will be a lot of surprises when we play Skouted - I bet we know everything about that team

Skouted was actually created by Febian Brandy, so it'll be a nice moment for him to be playing against United.

United fixtures New
MU16s:

Monday 22 July | 19:00 BST

United 4-0 Co. Fermanagh (Mantato x2, D.Nkoto, Ibrovic-Fletcher)

Tuesday 23 July | 19:00 BST
United 2-2 Skouted (B.Nkoto, Bradbury)

Wednesday 24 July | 19:00 BST
United 1-2 Intercontinental FA (Barbosa)

Thursday 25 July | 18:00 BST
United 5-0 Hamilton Academical (D.Nkoto, Ajayi, Brown, B.Nkoto, Kukonki)

Friday 26 July | 14:00 BST
United 1-1(p) Co. Londonderry (Brown)

WU16s:

Monday 22 July

16:30 BST | United 4-0 USSSA Select

Tuesday 23 July
16:30 BST | United 3-1 Surf Select

Wednesday 24 July
19:00 BST | United 1-1 Aston Villa

Friday 26 July | SuperCupNI Final
14:00 BST | United 2-1 N.Ireland

Last edited:
w5CnilV.jpeg

This is the squad. Seems extremely strong.

I think we signed Barbosa from Man City IIRC. Rafe McCormack is England u15 capped player.

Bit surprised that JJ isnt involved unless the Junior Brown is JJ only.

I think we signed Barbosa from Man City IIRC. Rafe McCormack is England u15 capped player.

Bit surprised that JJ isnt involved unless the Junior Brown is JJ only.

Both Watson and Barbosa were signed from Doncaster Rovers (the Man City one you thought of was probably Carmacho). Watson and McEvoy were also attended England U15s camp before (but I think McEvoy opted for Ireland at U16s level). Other than that Ibrovic-Fletcher is a Serbia U16s international and Ngwashi was also capped for Italy U16s. Bradbury obviously played for Wales.

Looks like it's an U17s squad (internationally, so 2007 born like Thwaites or Bailey aren't there) so JJ is a bit too young for that (there's hardly even any U15 there if you don't count the freaks that are Nkoto brothers).

Last edited:
Ibragimov injured again :( ?

Think Jacob Watson is also there in the squad.

Jay McEvoy also missing.

Darlington Osuchukwu doesn't appear to be there either. Can't spot a second keeper so would just be Zac Watson in that case.

So it seems like that squad list was shit

Presumably had to give a provisional list a fair bit ahead of time in order for what looks like a programme (in the image above) to be printed.

United squad New
From videos of the opening parade the squad is as follows:

GK: Zac Watson

DEF: Godwill Kukonki, Albert Mills, Jacob Watson, Rafe McCormack, Yuel Helafu, Jayden Ngwashi, Connor Thorley

MID: Douka Nkoto, Bassirou Nkoto, Jariyah Shah, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Junior Brown

ATT: Louie Bradbury, Bendito Mantato, Neithan Barbosa, JJ Gabriel, Noah Ajayi

Unrelated but given the way they're being fast-tracked wouldn't be too surprising too see JJ and Nkoto brothers (esp Douka) in the u18 squad for some matches.

From videos of the opening parade the squad is as follows:

GK: Zac Watson

DEF: Godwill Kukonki, Albert Mills, Jacob Watson, Rafe McCormack, Yuel Helafu, Jayden Ngwashi, Connor Thorley

MID: Douka Nkoto, Bassirou Nkoto, Jariyah Shah, Edward Ibrovic-Fletcher, Junior Brown

ATT: Louie Bradbury, Bendito Mantato, Neithan Barbosa, JJ Gabriel, Noah Ajayi
That's really helpful. Thanks for that. :+1:

Of those, the ones that I don't know are Yuel Helafu, Connor Thorley, Junior Brown. I can obviously see the first two are defenders, the last a midfielder, but what positions do they play?

That's really helpful. Thanks for that. :+1:

Of those, the ones that I don't know are Yuel Helafu, Connor Thorley, Junior Brown. I can obviously see the first two are defenders, the last a midfielder, but what positions do they play?

Helafu is a RB, Thorley LB and I think Brown is a #10 but can also play wide.

Helafu is a RB, Thorley LB and I think Brown is a #10 but can also play wide.
Thanks.

I've purchased tonight's game though, as has been said, £7 per match is quite expensive for an U16 tournament!

What's the maximum number of games we could play here? Some of these tournaments divide into parts so that even those who don't qualify from groups get extra matches. Then knockout losers still play-off for finishing positions, etc.

Thanks.

I've purchased tonight's game though, as has been said, £7 per match is quite expensive for an U16 tournament!

What's the maximum number of games we could play here? Some of these tournaments divide into parts so that even those who don't qualify from groups get extra matches. Then knockout losers still play-off for finishing positions, etc.

I think we'll play 5 games no matter where we finish.

No Ibragimov. Is it possible he will be with the Under-19s in the tournament starting next week?

Thanks.

Where did you purchase it from?

Is there any chance that I might be able to watch the game online?

Is there any chance that I might be able to watch the game online?
Do you mean other than on the supercupni website? I never know about anything like free streams. But if you register on the supercupni website, you can watch the matches there - but you have to order any you want to watch for £7 each.

Do you mean other than on the supercupni website? I never know about anything like free streams. But if you register on the supercupni website, you can watch the matches there - but you have to order any you want to watch for £7 each.
I see. Thanks.

Is anyone else having any issues with the Supercupni site?

I registered and paid £7 for the game, but now when I'm trying to log in it won't let me and won't even recognise my email address when I'm trying to change my password to see if that's the problem.

If it's just me and others are watching, what's the team and score?