Tyrell Malacia | Man Utd player

Well yes, but also the club is paying for it so why would consultation not take place?

I'm not advocating for the club to force someone to do anything, but surely just going off on your own to do surgery wherever you feel like is something that should be better communicated and managed at this level. Especially to prevent something like this where it wasn't done properly...
Fair enough. Though I think we cannot really judge how those things are managed. We only see the outcome and can complain about it and speculate what was going wrong. Maybe we can base our speculation on stories in the press that are maybe based on insider information and maybe on further speculation.

I seriously hope the lad catches a break this season. Have said it before but last season should have been one for him to go from being a squad player to having a fair chance at making the step up into being a regular with Shaw's injury issues, but it wasn't to be. Terrible luck but hopefully that's behind him now.

-We bought him for 13 million

-He's on reasonable wages

-He was decent whenever he played

-Can play the inverted full-back role on both sides of the pitch

-Seems to have a very good mental profile too

But yeah let's get rid of him, in typical whining RedCafe fashion

He's a good player that we can turn into a 40m full-back and/or he can be a great servant for the club for many years, if he can come back from this injury, and it remains to be seen whether that's the case or not. People wanting him sold are just frustrated and don't know much about squad building.

And who would even buy him right now? We'll just bin a potentially very good PL fullback for 5 million (if we could even get 5m) because some posters on RedCafe are angry...not to mention that it would be a shitty thing to do. Help him with his rehabilitation and help him restart his career ideally at United, or somewhere else if it has to come to that. I don't want us to be assholes with players who don't deserve it, it's a classless thing to do.

Leave that behavior to the likes of Chelsea who have just banished Chalobah and Gallagher from their squad because selling them will let the club spend a lot of money on 17 year old Brazilians. Two players who have been with the club almost their whole life, 2007 and 2008 respectively.
Great rant! :lol:;)

I quite agree too, btw. Ty looked very promising before his injury and the least he deserves is a chance to prove himself again. Will be great to have him, Luke and Amass battling for the LB spot on the knowledge Dalot and also cover.

I don't expect us to have surgeons on hand, but staff being able to use doctors that are unknown to the club is crazy. I would expect that some form of validation is being done.
Yeah you have to assume it’s a well known surgeon, not some random bloke who does it on the side…

Great rant! :lol:;)

I quite agree too, btw. Ty looked very promising before his injury and the least he deserves is a chance to prove himself again. Will be great to have him, Luke and Amass battling for the LB spot on the knowledge Dalot and also cover.

Mazraoui can cover just like Dalot, if we end up signing him. ETH might also decide to play Martínez there sometimes. If we fix our injury situation we will be stacked at LB.