Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you feel anything?

3rd/4th choice on a list of midfielders is not good enough. We need world class midfielders, we can't afford to get a half-decent midfielder (plays 2 positions) when we don't even have a World class midfielder.

Our whole midfielder is even more mediocre than before. Herrera/Carrick are the onlys that are decent.

I suspect Di Maria will play in midfield too tbf.

Yes, hardly an upgrade.

January is too late. We need a top midfielder right now if we are to have hope of qualifying for CL next year.
Agreed, however Di Maria and Herrera would see us through to January to hopefully sign a fully fit Strootman.

EDIT: he's definitely an upgrade plus he's a DM which is something we've been screaming out for.

Apart from Vidal, which other World Class midfielder is available? None.

Blind and Carvalho will do nicely. Strootman in Jan.

Yes, hardly an upgrade.

January is too late. We need a top midfielder right now if we are to have hope of qualifying for CL next year.

And if there is none available?

I think van Gaal wants Strootman. He went on about him in the videos I have seen and made known of his displeasure at having Carrick injured. He wants him, and will get him. Unless we sign Carvalho.

Jeez, give the guy a chance before he arrives here.

Everyone wanted a world class midfielder. Sadly the targets we want have dodgy knees or are injured.
Carvalho? Not world class, but still an immeasurable upgrade on anything we currently have.

Good price but not the signing I was hoping for to be quite honest. Hopefully he'll be used in central midfield.

Yes, because all his years of playing in the PL have proven that.

I'll just file this away next to all the shit I got last year when I said Fellaini was a waste of time, like I told that guy, we'll revisit it in a years time and see who is right.

I suspect Di Maria will play in midfield too tbf.
He should play there sparingly, we badly need a winger/pace out wide-yet we play him in CM. Yes he is very good , sometimes better than in LW-but we should have enough midfielders to allow him to lay in his 2nd position.

I have been critical of Blind but I am beginning to think he could be a very good signing. Good price too.

Fecks sake.

Just so you know, we just bought a player who was 3rd choice for us.

Which is still better than signing no one at all like most years before. Especially given our options in midfield apart from Carrick and Ander Herrera.

Carvalho? Not world class, but still an immeasurable upgrade on anything we currently have.

Easy to say when he's never played a game here.

For all we know he might find the EPL too quick for him, might struggle positionally, his range of passing could be an issue from deep, his disciplinary record might be terrible. It's easy to imagine he'd take to the league like Yaya
but he could equally look like Diop.

Feck me Woody's getting good at this! That was done in no time with not a peek out of anyone. (well... done according to Ian Ladyman)

Yep, you're just getting weirder by the second. I'm just gonna move along, dude. Hopefully somebody else will be interested in your bizarre toilet habits.

It's nearly 1am and I'm pissed, you were expecting a fecking mensa level conversation?

And if there is none available?

I think van Gaal wants Strootman. He went on about him in the videos I have seen and made known of his displeasure at having Carrick injured. He wants him, and will get him. Unless we sign Carvalho.

Then someone should be fecking fired. The fact that CM is our biggest weakness has been bleeding obvious for 5 years now, and we've done feck all about it (well, except Herrera (Fellaini is too shit to count)).

And yes, I'm getting pissed at this point. I (and others) have been screaming for top quality reinforcements in CM for years, and nothing's happened. It's un-fecking-believable that it's being overlooked yet again.

We won't get (within) 4th with this midfield, it's as simple as that.

Waste of money.

Really? Look at our team right now with the litany of injuries and what is the best type of player for that scenario? A Jack of all trades.

Blind can play LB, LCB, CM, CDM. That's great versatility and a player every team needs. We had those kinds of players over the years. Remember O Shea? I can't remember the number of times Fergie had used him across the backline, heck even as a friggin' goalie at one point!

Let's also remember that he'll come and slot in straight away. he knows the system, the philosophy and will settle in easy.

Then someone should be fecking fired. The fact that CM is our biggest weakness has been bleeding obvious for 5 years now, and we've done feck all about it (well, except Herrera (Fellaini is too shit to count)).

And yes, I'm getting pissed at this point. I (and others) have been screaming for top quality reinforcements in CM for years, and nothing's happened. It's un-fecking-believable that it's being overlooked yet again.

You really don't think a midfield of : Blind - Herrera - Di Maria can compete against a team with a midfield of Gerrard - Henderson - Allen (Henderson being the best player in that trio, the others are pretty average)?

Well SAF left without fixing it, Moyes made it worse. Van Gaal is in charge of a club that just finished 7th. Maybe the top CM's (Fabregas, Kroos etc) would much rather join clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid?

It's nearly 1am and I'm pissed, you were expecting a fecking mensa level conversation?
Not really no, but we've actually started talking about shite, like actual shite. I will say this though, the igloo part intrigued me.

Anyways, I don't think it's fair to judge a player who's never played in the league. Fellaini, I'll give you but he spent a few years in the league and you obviously made an informed decision on him and how he was suited to the league. Different story with Blind.

You really don't think a midfield of : Blind - Herrera - Di Maria can compete against a team with a midfield of Gerrard - Henderson - Allen (Henderson being the best player in that trio, the others are pretty average)?

If we intend to play di Maria in midfield then we won't get 4th with these wingers/3-5-2.

Calm down Jane. I think the reason why we won't be going in for a big time midfielder is that there are very few out there at this time. Vidal is perfect but obviously there's something with his knee that's got a lot of people doubling back. Imagine paying megabucks for him and then him turning out like Hargreaves!

There is one other and his name is Strootman. LVG has even talked about him as United manager. We will go in for him in January.

If we intend to play di Maria in midfield then we won't get 4th with these wingers/3-5-2.

But we'll go with a variation of 433 with Mata and Rooney behind RVP, Shaw and Rafa providing the width.

Status
Not open for further replies.