Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight difference in mood when speaking about transfers yesterday and today, it almost sounded as if he was a bit pee'd with certain deals today. I hope we still bring in 1/2 players before the window closes though.

Judging by what LvG just said, we've made offers to players to come, but they're not willing to push through a deal. Got the stench of Vidal all over it.
People who know him have said he is actually very placid off the pitch and would never agitate for a move.

I think LVG wants to create his new Ajax team, i.e. a very youthful team like his WC squad who are not stuck in their ways, technically brilliant and willing to learn his philosophy, but they also need to be intelligent and confident I think some of the deadwood arent more than two of these

At the minute, I am more worried about the lack of a strong, leading CB than midfield.

Everyone we have got is either (a) always injured (Jones, Smalling, Evans) or (b) Too young/not good enough/an unknown quantity (Rojo, Blackett, Keane, etc).

Even our more experienced CBs are not really top class.

Don't get me wrong, we are very short in MF too, but at least we will have Carrick, Fletcher, Herrera, Fellaini and Di Maria who can play there well, with Rooney also an option. At CB we are very thin.

At the minute, I am more worried about the lack of a strong, leading CB than midfield.

Everyone we have got is either (a) always injured (Jones, Smalling, Evans) or (b) Too young/not good enough/an unknown quantity (Rojo, Blackett, Keane, etc).

Don't get me wrong, we are very short in MF too, but at least we will have Carrick, Fletcher, Herrera, Fellaini and Di Maria who can play there well, with Rooney also an option. At CB we are very thin.

That is why we should have paid the 30m to get Benatia... we'll actually have an ok midfield with Blind/Herrera but our CB's are very suspect.

Our CB options look fair bit better than our CM options tbh. And we have plenty enough if we go 4 at the back.

But at CM for either formation Neither Di Maria or Rooney are #8s and at best makeshift. Carrick is 33 coming off a below average season and injured. Fletcher has declined and struggling and then we have Fellaini(who well..) alongside Herrera who is new to the league.

I hope we string them along until the last hour of the deadline day, and then turn round and say "No Vidal? No deal."

And what are we going to do with Hernandez? Keep an unhappy player.

Don't know why people blaming Juve. We the ones who are concerned about his knees.

A lot of the doubters regarding Daley Blind are going to be pleasantly surprised, I think. Some of the concerns are a little unfounded. He's played incredibly successfully for Holland deputising at left-wing back, as well as performing as Eredivisie player of the year at Ajax in CDM this past season.

He's got great technique, has great stamina, intelligent footballer, doesn't make many mistakes in his decision making, and importantly can see his next move before he receives the ball, which is one of the staple pre-requisites for Louis van Gaal.

If LvG is going for him, and he's the one to sit deep for us, then you can be sure there's something in him that he knows from experience, that we cannot see from our limited perspective or understanding.

I'd never sell Hernandez to Juve, no way. Sell him to someone else, i'm sure there are other teams in for him.

I now do not think I can see us signing another player until the January window, sigh.

And what are we going to do with Hernandez? Keep an unhappy player.

Don't know why people blaming Juve. We the ones who are concerned about his knees.
Sell him to Valencia instead if they are interested.

Lucas Silva is not a big time signing. Even his admirers, like Vickery, say he's not ready for our first team yet.

There's no doubt Vickery knows a lot about Brazilian football, but he's not an authority when it comes to judging how players will do in other leagues. If I remember correctly he thought Oscar going to Chelsea was a risky move while Coates to Liverpool was a home-run.

As buzzlightyear says to woody !

To blindfinity and de Jong !!!

Last edited:
No chance. We will get at least one CM in before window shuts.

Who's even available now really though? I know every player has his price but we're apparently out of the race for Vidal and Carvalho, Strootman is crocked until January, De Jong confirmed he's not leaving, which leaves only Blind and while I do like him I would have preferred him as a third choice not to mention we'll have to pay a fortune for him. Plus we haven't been linked with any other midfielders this Summer as much as these which is why I only mention them however it seems that means very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.