Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's even available now really though? I know every player has his price but we're apparently out of the race for Vidal and Carvalho, Strootman is crocked until January, De Jong confirmed he's not leaving, which leaves only Blind and while I do like him I would have preferred him as a third choice not to mention we'll have to pay a fortune for him. Plus we haven't been linked with any other midfielders this Summer as much as these which is why I only mention them however it seems that means very little.

There was a rumour earlier in the week that we had targets that the press no nothing about. Douglas Costa being an alternative to Di Maria was one of them, so I am hoping that is true and we are chasing someone that the media have not caught on to

I now do not think I can see us signing another player until the January window, sigh.
How do you figure?

Cleverley is likely a goner and will be sold soon.
Fletcher i can see dipping in form which is a shame, but it'll likely lead into him not playing much
Carrick is injured, and whilst back later this year, he'll take time to recover and return to fitness. We can't rely on him all the time.
Fellaini, i don't know about him really, but i don't think van Gaal will play him much, epecially if the rumours of him being able to leave are true
Anderson i don't see playing in the first team at all anymore.

That leaves us with Herrera, who's currently injured and a few youth players will little to no experience. I can't see van Gaal being happy with that midfield at all. People are acting like Vidal and Carvalho were our only targets... it'd be stupid to think van Gaal hasn't got some back up targets in mind in case his main targets aren't obtainable. They might not be world class players, but they'll do a job for us until we get the opportunity to get some quality players in.

We weren't linked with Rojo either, so maybe that type of midfield signing out of the blue.

Enzo Perez from Benfica?

Hmm good shout. LVG's team faced him just like Rojo at the WC and he is a Mendes client as well IIRC.

Would cost 15 to 20 millon pounds though apparently and is 28. Injured right now too though not serious. Also not really a holding midfielder.

Hmm good shout. LVG's team faced him just like Rojo at the WC and he is a Mendes client as well IIRC.

Would cost 15 to 20 millon pounds though apparently and is 28. Injured right now too though not serious. Also not really a holding midfielder.

Valencia bound. Mendes is heavily involved with Peter Lim.

I don't mind blind coming in replacing cleverley but we need another marquee CM and a CB who can organise .

Valencia bidding for Cleverley seems to suggest there is a hitch. Anyway if we want him we should get him ahead of them.

Im not convinced on this Valencia/Cleverley stuff....and when I say not convinced, I mean its most likely a steaming pile of shite.

I think he'll end up going on loan.

Im not convinced on this Valencia/Cleverley stuff....and when I say not convinced, I mean its most likely a steaming pile of shite.

I think he'll end up going on loan.

A loan can only diminish his value and he is in the final season of his deal. Now is the time to sell.

Valencia bidding for Cleverley seems to suggest there is a hitch. Anyway if we want him we should get him ahead of them.

There's no hitch stopping it completely, Benfica just want to keep him till after the Sporting game and Valencia are trying to speed it up.

There was a rumour earlier in the week that we had targets that the press no nothing about. Douglas Costa being an alternative to Di Maria was one of them, so I am hoping that is true and we are chasing someone that the media have not caught on to
You've given me hope where I thought there was none! Fingers crossed, I'd be happy with almost any defensive midfielder who's an upgrade on what we currently have.

Christ, is that a real quote? :lol:
Follow it up with
"Of course I shall say what players I want and what players are better to leave and Ed Woodward is doing the transfer market so I don't interfere in that process. I am on the sportive side, he is the side to sell or to buy." (taken from the BBC live feed)
and yeah it probably is a real quote.

He did not say that did he? Knowing Woodward he'll be in for another superstar signing in the wrong position :lol:
Falcao anyone?

No, he said I put forth my player wishes end Ed tries to bring them in.

He did not say that did he? Knowing Woodward he'll be in for another superstar signing in the wrong position :lol:
Falcao anyone?
Woodward smashes transfer record for the muppet dream signing, and he's still a joke for some....

Woodward smashes transfer record for the muppet dream signing, and he's still a joke for some....
This place is turned into some mini Facebook or something, I remember not long ago we had brilliant posters on here with some great/informative discussions. I wish my knowledge was great so I could contribute more. I wonder if this newly promoted bunch (2014) are the worse set of newbies promoted ever.. That's me included.

Status
Not open for further replies.