Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Club have given nothing away all summer, nothing. Whats changed?

Or alternatively he was reluctant to post as he gets the blunt end of the stick from United fans venting out frustration on Taylor for delivering the bad news.
True that.

I am surprised Jackson hasn't made us aware that we are not in for Vidal/Carvalho. Normally he would be the first one to do so, yet doesn't care what united think about him.

These journos know feck all until something concrete comes out from inside the club.

They're just ringing the club secretary and getting the official response back. Which will be "no" for all of our perceived or real targets
Did they all ring at the same time? They were briefed before the press conference.

Top five transfer threads:

1. Wesley Sneijder (newbies) - 26,529
  2. Arturo Vidal - 24,856
  3. Cristiano Ronaldo 2008 - 20,596
  4. Dimitar Berbatov - 19,384
  5. Thiago Alcantara (newbies) - 17,304

Maybe just maybe the club know what they are doing and the knee really is a big long term concern.

I can understand the reluctance having been burned once with Hargreaves.

Easy for journos to say who we aren't going to sign, because they can't say who we are. Totally in the dark.

Something is going on, do you really think we would let go of Cleverly if we are not going to sign any midfielders? We have shit midfield anyway, let alone giving away Cleverly.

Just think logically. Maybe we are chasing after a midfielder who is a back-up to Vidal/Carvalho. Maybe that player is young, experienced but has potential.

Top five transfer threads:

1. Wesley Sneijder (newbies) - 26,529
  2. Arturo Vidal - 24,856
  3. Cristiano Ronaldo 2008 - 20,596
  4. Dimitar Berbatov - 19,384
  5. Thiago Alcantara (newbies) - 17,304

Be Interesting to know of the last 2 years, the top 5 threads, compared with the count of the threads concerning the players we actually bought and see the difference, I'd wager most marquee signings have fairly large threads everytime, it's only when we sign the Carvalho/Blind/Schniederlins etc that it has a lower count..

Why would DT be reluctant to report this? Would suggest he's not sure if its misdirection from the club or the genuine truth.

Because of the amount of shite he gets from people on twitter when he posts things fans don't wanna hear.

Why would DT be reluctant to report this? Would suggest he's not sure if its misdirection from the club or the genuine truth.
Because he gets abused every time he posts bad news.

Be Interesting to know of the last 2 years, the top 5 threads, compared with the count of the threads concerning the players we actually bought and see the difference, I'd wager most marquee signings have fairly large threads everytime, it's only when we sign the Carvalho/Blind/Schniederlins etc that it has a lower count..

Mata's wasn't too big, I don't think.

Because he gets flack from idiots on Twitter.

Maybe because people react like drama queens when he does.

I am convinced it is a different source to the rest. Ian Ladyman and Mark Ogden said we are in for them.

Something is going on, do you really think we would let go of Cleverly if we are not going to sign any midfielders? We have shit midfield anyway, let alone giving away Cleverly.

Just think logically. Maybe we are chasing after a midfielder who is a back-up to Vidal/Carvalho. Maybe that player is young, experienced but has potential.

who should that be? There is no player in that category that is available or is far too expensive.

Because of the amount of shite he gets from people on twitter when he posts things fans don't wanna hear.

Or he hates to say it?

Because he gets abused every time he posts bad news.

Because he gets flack from idiots on Twitter.

Maybe because people react like drama queens when he does.

Well... uh yes... there is that too...

As you were...:nervous:

I am convinced it is a different source to the rest. Ian Ladyman and Mark Ogden said we are in for them.

Mitten said we only briefed the press when we were absolutely sure that something was happening, therefore there's a good chance that most of these briefings aren't by Woodward at all.

I haven't seen a lot of Daley Blind so I can't really judge him but he does seem like a underwhelming midfield signing when we were being linked with so many different CM's.

Exactly, letting Tom go and not getting any mid would be catastrophic managment, I mean who will play in the midfield....

Between talk of his dodgy knee, him not wanting to force the move and the large fees being touted, the Vidal deal has probably been dead for a while now. Was hoping Carvalho would end up signing but that looks unlikely now also.

Be interesting to see what we do over the next few days. It's clear van Gaal wants some more players, both in and out.

Well, van Gaal has said there are things happening for us in the market, both outbound and inbound, so i'd love to know who we're going to get.
Should be a very interesting few days, thats for sure

Between talk of his dodgy knee, him not wanting to force the move and the large fees being touted, the Vidal deal has probably been dead for a while now. Was hoping Carvalho would end up signing but that looks unlikely now also.

Be interesting to see what we do over the next few days. It's clear van Gaal wants some more players, both in and out.
You are probably right. It's funny how it is always Juve who are going on about Vidal not being for sale. Almost like they know his knee is dodgy and wanted to sell so they could replace him, but United weren't biting.

For those that didn't see or can't remember the press conference yesterday, LvG said that there will be players leaving and players coming in , he will not tell the press anything (as it will increase the price) and we will only know when the club announces and presents the players

Dunno why everyone getting upset about the DT tweet. We're getting a decent midfielder. Probably 2 if Cleverly is on his way. He's probably said we're in/out for them 20 times this summer already :lol:

Given that one day reports said "We're in for Vidal" and the next day repots said "bid rejected" and now the reports say "we're not in for Vidal" while Vidal is posting "happy at Juve" and Juve are saying "He'll stay" all on the same day... perhaps people can put two and two (and two, and two) together? It's entirely possible that we WERE in for Vidal.

Judging by what LvG just said, we've made offers to players to come, but they're not willing to push through a deal. Got the stench of Vidal all over it.

Given that one day reports said "We're in for Vidal" and the next day repots said "bid rejected" and now the reports say "we're not in for Vidal" while Vidal is posting "happy at Juve" and Juve are saying "He'll stay" all on the same day... perhaps people can put two and two (and two, and two) together? It's entirely possible that we WERE in for Vidal.
Has there been any sense at all of the club briefing the media that we were after/bidding for Vidal? All I've seen all summer is paper talk and van Gaal name dropping him once along with Messi.

Has there been any sense at all of the club briefing the media that we're after/bidding for Vidal?
Pretty sure that the first time all of the more reliable sources said it on the same day, at the same time, they were briefed. Can't think of any other time that has happened. Hard to say, though. In the end I suppose it won't matter either way, we'll know in a few days what the results are.

Status
Not open for further replies.