Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 successive managers didn't deem him worthy of a starting place in the team. Even Fergie who brought him here didn't exactly build the team around him.

Its a shame but sometimes it doesn't work out. Veron a prime example, at the end of the day he didn't get a run of games so obviously wasn't showing enough in training to warrant it. He had a few good stand out games and always seemed to do well in CL for us but never consistent. Too good for the bench but not quite good enough to start in preferred position, a lot like Welbeck. At least with all these potential sales it must mean we are very confident of bringing in a couple of new players.

You do, that isn't paraphrasing what he said, he said a top European team, that doesn't not equate solely to Atletico. However, I'll go with your biased interpretation and answer your question, would it good for Welbeck to be loaned to a team like Atletico? Yes 100% how the hell can't it? How many english players get experience in other leagues, I think it could even be the making of him, especially as I secretly think Welbeck is a lot more suited to spanish football.

I am suggesting that if you are using 7th as a barometer of United's power in England then yes I am afraid you need to.

I wasn't talking about whether a loan would be good for Welbeck, rather for Atletico. You might be right that Welbeck could do better in spanish football, but I fail to see Welbeck at any top team in any top league - he's just not that good.

What are the potential moves in? Seems to be all died down in the last day.

3 successive managers didn't deem him worthy of a starting place in the team. Even Fergie who brought him here didn't exactly build the team around him.

Under Ferguson he has been injured 5 or 6 months, building the team around him was impossible.

I wasn't talking about whether a loan would be good for Welbeck, rather for Atletico. You might be right that Welbeck could do better in spanish football, but I fail to see Welbeck at any top team in any top league - he's just not that good.

Okay, lets move on from the reading comments then, firstly, what do you classify as a top team in a top league? Is that just RM, Barca, Munich and the few english? or do you extend it to say AC Milan, Inter, Juve, PSG, Monaco, Atletico, Borussia etc

It was for about 2 months and he never showed signs of being first choice before or after the injury.

Damn!, i need to stop exaggerating. :lol:

It was his first season and needed to settle down. :wenger:

Surely it must be bollocks that Nani is earning 115k/w? He signed that contract last year after not having featured frequently for quite some time.

Young said to be on 115k/w as well.

Last edited:

Jamie Jackson is a sub-standard reporter. Rio, Vida and Evra were on big contracts. Obviously Shaw, Herrera and Rojo would not be earning jut as much. That's impossible. Di Maria has come in and maybe increased the bill, but it's a known fact we'd be letting go of players and that would even everything out.

We're not selling to ease wage bill, rather to get rid of shite players. Really poor from Jamie Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.