Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Zaha, Kagawa, Hernandez and Cleverley will all be gone this week and we bring in 1-2 quality additions.

8m for Cleverley is a good deal for both clubs. He can resurrect his career Gibson like at elsewhere and United get a bit of cash.

No more Cleverley makes the Vidal blow much easier to deal with.
Really? I get your frustration but selling a midfielder isn't the best strategy for not signing a midfielder!

£9m for Cleverly is good business, cost us nothing so its all profit. (wages excluded)

Don't read too much into that. A) It's not his first language. B) He can't say "Another player will come" because that means its a sealed deal.

By saying "others", he leaves it open. Just my thoughts.
I get that. Wasn't being serious.

Has redbistro been permanently banned? I can't seem to find his profile.

£12-15m for Hernandez and Kagawa, and £9m for Cleverley wouldn't be too bad. Could be coming out with £40m for three unwanted players.

If we sell Cleverley by the weekend it's almost a confirmation that we would at least bring 1 more CM in. Let's say we get 20m for Hernandez, 8m for Cleverley and around 12m for Kagawa that's already enough to buy 1 top player.

Disappointing to see Kagawa go, I think he's so much better than he ever showed in a United jersey but he's really failed to nail down a regular starting place with 3 managers now. Cant be a coincidence.

As for Cleverly, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. United is above his level but he seems an honest player who tried his best. Much like Gibson before him it just wasn't enough and I'd hope he does well a level down.

The good thing is that midfielders being moved on surely means we have new players in sight. Probably not Vidal at this stage but better than our current options so this could be overall a great window.

Sad. Not trying to be a smartarse and I'm certainly in no position to question the punishment handed out/ experience of the modmins. That said RB has been the 2nd biggest contributor to twitter threads this summer besides Adnan if I'm not wrong so he might be afforded some extra wiggle room. He should've been more attentive to the warning signs and could've handled the ban in a mature way not doubt instead of going on the offensive in the generals. But still the whole episode could've been avoided. Perhaps it would be better to have 3 dedicated twitter discussion threads to prevent future confusion/ bans of contributing members :

One for the transfer forum with a strictly transfer related tweet policy.
One for the United forum with non-transfer United related news.
One for football forum with general stuff like vines or football gossip

I was wondering the same. Only thing is, they will be additional threads when same discussion can happen in already existing respective threads. Not that one additional thread in both of those forums will be problem but the discussions which will follow those tweets will go all over the place.

Zaha tweeting his transfer when he was not supposed to, then deleting it.

Why am I not surpried...
The tweet isn't loading for me, is it definitely a permanent move? Or just a loan move?

£12-15m for Hernandez and Kagawa, and £9m for Cleverley wouldn't be too bad. Could be coming out with £40m for three unwanted players.

Hernandez £15m
Kagawa £15m
Cleverley £9m
Anderson £0m
Fletcher £0.5m
Valencia £8m
Young £5m

Total £52.5m

Then

Carvalho£20m
Sokratis Paspastathopulos £13m

Total £33m

So we could be going to Burnley with Fletcher being the only available senior CM?
Step forward Ben Pearson.

Hernandez £15m
Kagawa £15m
Cleverley £9m
Anderson £0m
Fletcher £0.5m
Valencia £8m
Young £5m

Total £52.5m

Then

Carvalho£20m
Sokratis Paspastathopulos £13m

Total £33m
Can't see us getting rid of Young and Turnback Tony. van Gaal likes them, for some reason. Valencia is practically unrivaled for a RWB/RB spot with Rafael perennially injured, and we've already gotten rid of Nani and Zaha for a season through loans. Fellaini dodged a bullet, but I can't think of anyone else we need to get rid of.

That's a great idea.

If you want to know why he's been banned please view his response to my threadban in the Random Chav thread in the general.

Yes I have seen it, it was certainly out of order and rather unfortunate. It's never a good idea to get personal, especially with staff members who're only trying to help and maintain the decorum. But my sole contention is that there could be further streamlining of the current system instead of having one humongous twitter discussion thread to avoid further bans and help normal users navigate through several pages of drivel. Perhaps it's not befitting my station to tell but just a humble suggestion. :)

Can't see us getting rid of Young and Turnback Tony. van Gaal likes them, for some reason. Valencia is practically unrivaled for a RWB/RB spot with Rafael perennially injured, and we've already gotten rid of Nani and Zaha for a season through loans. Fellaini dodged a bullet, but I can't think of anyone else we need to get rid of.

I'd wager he would prefer Shaw and Rafael...But I would begrudge keeping Valencia least of all on that list.

That is my point, he just deleted it.

Yes, he is on loan.
It never loaded, like it does on here sometimes where it just says 'Twitter API @user' or something.

I don't see the point of constantly loaning out players. He's 21 now, nearly 22... when is he going to actually break in to the first team properly? I suppose it works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.