Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if part of the reason for wanting to let Lindegard go is to free up a spot for those players that aren't home-grown. We're looking to get rid of a few home grown players and I don't see us going after any English talent right now.

What are these guys up to? Was rumoured they met before, and that it could have been about Di Maria, but obviously this time it can't be.

I wonder if part of the reason for wanting to let Lindegard go is to free up a spot for those players that aren't home-grown. We're looking to get rid of a few home grown players and I don't see us going after any English talent right now.

No we are fine with the home grown quota thing. Lindergaard wants to leave and has for a year or so to be a starter somewhere.

We have told him that we will allow him to leave if he can find a suitable offer but if he doesn't he said he'll stay as backup.

What are these guys up to? Was rumoured they met before, and that it could have been about Di Maria, but obviously this time it can't be.

Bet its about Verratti.

Ancelloti rates him highly.

Bayern doing excellent business in a succinct manner all window.

We have a lot to learn.

We have been through our worst patch (understatement?) and they've had and still are in the best patch of the clubs life (arguably vs the 70s) plus they have the most decorated manager in the past 5 years by a long shot. They also don't have to compete with anyone in their league yet alone with 2 sugar daddy clubs that are currently better off than us and even if Barcelona and Madrid are a bigger pulling power, neither of them were linked with Bayern's targets.

So how do you suggest we ''learn''? The only way I can see things possibly improving is dependent on our on the field success.

The players: Lindergard, Welbeck, Anderson, Cleverley, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, Fellaini, Young, Rafael.

Keep Rafael, Welbeck and Kagawa (last season). Surely seven departures would be enough. Would be madness to sell our only right-back, whether LVG rates him or not.

No we are fine with the home grown quota thing. Lindergaard wants to leave and has for a year or so to be a starter somewhere.

We have told him that we will allow him to leave if he can find a suitable offer but if he doesn't he said he'll stay as backup.
Ah, fair enough. Seems a likely situation. Great keeper, though.

The players: Lindergard, Welbeck, Anderson, Cleverley, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, Fellaini, Young, Rafael.

Selling Welbeck is madness unless we plan on promoting Wilson full time, also selling Rafael would be the biggest mistake ever, first of all we've no back up unless we promote Janko (who isn't ready) plus he's a brilliant RB putting injuries aside.

With everyone else on that list we should easily make: (guesstimate)

Zaha and Anderson - 10 million for both (maybe 1-2 million more)
Cleverly - 8 million
Lindergard - 4 million
Kagawa - 15 million
Zaha - 8 million
Chich - 15 million
Fellaini - 15 million
Young - 8 million
Welbeck - 18 million

Total - £101 milion

vs £136 million spent

Rojo - 16 million
Di Maria - 60 million
Herrera - 32 million?
Shaw - 28 million?

Last edited:
Selling Welbeck is madness unless we plan on promoting Wilson full time, also selling Rafael would be the biggest mistake ever, first of all we've no back up unless we promote Janko (who isn't ready) plus he's a brilliant RB putting injuries aside.
Where is Varela? Was hoping to see him against the Dons.

Selling both Cheech and Welbeck would be OTT. Cheech should go.. and Welbeck convinced.

I'd put Zaha out on loan. Rest can leave though depends on formation and who we bring in too.

With Wilson we have three top strikers for what may turn out to be one available place. That's enough. Even with Hernandez and Welbeck gone, either Rooney or RvP may end up being dropped in the course of the season to accommodate JW.

If it comes down to Welbeck or Wilson, I'd pick Wilson. Looks far more of a Man United striker already than Welbeck.

Ideally, I'd like to keep both but I honestly think Wilson will be the better player of the two by next season. That's how highly I rate him.

I will be sorry to see Welbeck go myself but if that means Wilson gets the chance to step up it'll soften the blow. As for Rafael I'm afraid I just don't get the love of so many for him. Looks the real deal but seriously lacking in composure and injured far too often. Not consistent enough or available often enough if we want to hit the heights I say.

Trying to sell any of our players after last seasons debacle and the start to this season is like trying to sell Skidmarked grundies on Ebay.

We have been through our worst patch (understatement?) and they've had and still are in the best patch of the clubs life (arguably vs the 70s) plus they have the most decorated manager in the past 5 years by a long shot. They also don't have to compete with anyone in their league yet alone with 2 sugar daddy clubs that are currently better off than us and even if Barcelona and Madrid are a bigger pulling power, neither of them were linked with Bayern's targets.

So how do you suggest we ''learn''? The only way I can see things possibly improving is dependent on our on the field success.

Exactly. They have a stable administration moving into their second year. Bayern are riding the crest of a wave right now. They only have to find a few pieces to improve a squad overflowing with talent, especially in a league where the rest are struggling to keep up. United meanwhile is in a major rebuilding phase. Credit to their board and management no doubt, but a better comparison would be to their 2006-2009 doldrums period when they bought Toni, Ribery, Robben, Tysoshchuk, Olic, Gomez, Pranjic, Klose, Breno in a relatively short span. Meanwhile United added next to nothing but were consistently the second best if not the outright best team in Europe just like Bayern are right now.

Not sure how people can call Welbeck as how can you get consistency if your in and out the team. Rooney and RVP play regardless whether they are in form or not.....

We learn by using our name as the behemoth it's supposed to be and not a big come take us for all you can that it has been for some time.

Bayern's success and position obviously gives them the strongest of hands, but that's not why they are so good in the market. The structure they have in place is impeccable before anything else is considered and there's no reason why we shouldn't have a solid model of our own.

Perhaps Woodward has a plan in that regard that we'll see over the next few years. It would be nice to see us strong-arming teams and doing business on our terms in a concise and orderly manner instead of what looks like a chaotic, chancer's scattergun approach we seem to have adopted - we shouldn't be frantic at this late stage in the window.

Even from our weakened position, there's a lot of room for improvement in how we do things.

With everyone else on that list we should easily make: (guesstimate)

Zaha and Anderson - 10 million for both (maybe 1-2 million more)
Cleverly - 8 million
Lindergard - 4 million
Kagawa - 15 million
Zaha - 8 million
Chich - 15 million
Fellaini - 15 million
Young - 8 million
Welbeck - 18 million

Total - £101 milion

vs £136 million spent

Rojo - 16 million
Di Maria - 60 million
Herrera - 32 million?
Shaw - 28 million?

:lol:

Dude that clear out is not happening, I agree it should happen but the club have left it too late. No way they can sell all those guys for £100mill plus in 3/4 days.

Also worth mentioning a 30million net spend would get a lot of fans pretty angry again haha.

Perhaps. But, regardless of what kind of patch a club are going through, they can't sign a player if they don't bid for him. And we apparently have yet to bid for Vidal. If we are interested, we're leaving it very late. If another club stepped in now....

Exactly. They have a stable administration moving into their second year. Bayern are riding the crest of a wave right now. They only have to find a few pieces to improve a squad overflowing with talent, especially in a league where the rest are struggling to keep up. United meanwhile is in a major rebuilding phase. Credit to their board and management no doubt, but a better comparison would be to their 2006-2009 doldrums period when they bought Toni, Ribery, Robben, Tysoshchuk, Olic, Gomez, Pranjic, Klose, Breno in a relatively short span. Meanwhile United added next to nothing but were consistently the second best if not the outright best team in Europe just like Bayern are right now.

Indeed. This just shows the foundation their team is built on as you pointed out and we can mimic this now while adding players like Herrera, Shaw, Di Maria, Mata , Rojo and either Vidal or Carvalho (rumoured to get at least 1) Not that they will step up and win everything but they are a perfect group of world class, great and potentially world class talent that will hold down their respected positions for at least 5-7 years, this is a brilliant foundation to add 1-2 first teamers every summer from next year through the 5-7 year period, thus in theory getting a squad overflown with talent like Bayern. Having said that though 4th place is a MUST this season.

Foundation players De Gea, Shaw, Herrera, Di Maria, Rooney, Mata and either Vidal or Carvalho gives us a solid 7 of 11 first team players. Also could be 8th depending on the heights Rojo reaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.