Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Di Maria's unveiling today and probably helping him settle in Manchester.

Doubt he is helping him settle or anything. He'd have full staff for that and so will United. He has other deals to do. Most importanly Falcao.

Most likely be at Monaco.

We learn by using our name as the behemoth it's supposed to be and not a big come take us for all you can that it has been for some time.

Bayern's success and position obviously gives them the strongest of hands, but that's not why they are so good in the market. The structure they have in place is impeccable before anything else is considered and there's no reason why we shouldn't have a solid model of our own.

Perhaps Woodward has a plan in that regard that we'll see over the next few years. It would be nice to see us strong-arming teams and doing business on our terms in a concise and orderly manner instead of what looks like a chaotic, chancer's scattergun approach we seem to have adopted - we shouldn't be frantic at this late stage in the window.

Even from our weakened position, there's a lot of room for improvement in how we do things.

The transfer policy seems "scattergun" because of all the crap posted online and in the papers. This gives the impression that they don't n is who they want when the reality is the club were never interested in half the names mentioned.

The reality is - as Rojo said when he signed, he was told of our interest during the World Cup. Clearly things are/were going on without doing it in the public eye.

The issue this summer is 1) the fact that appointing a new manager meant the ground work on other players was redundant, 2) the new manager didn't start until after the World Cup and 3) convincing players to join with no CL is obviously proving a challenge.

The transfer window is finite and trying to get deals done for top players evidently isn't easy if clubs dont want to sell. Deals often get done at the end of the window by a lot of clubs.

People criticised and suggested we should go to second level targets - then Di Maria came in. On that basis glad they waited. Hopefully other players follow and I'm personally confident they will.

Selling Welbeck is madness unless we plan on promoting Wilson full time, also selling Rafael would be the biggest mistake ever, first of all we've no back up unless we promote Janko (who isn't ready) plus he's a brilliant RB putting injuries aside.

With everyone else on that list we should easily make: (guesstimate)

Zaha and Anderson - 10 million for both (maybe 1-2 million more) good luck finding someone daft enough to pay for Anderson
Cleverly - 8 million may be three million less
Lindergard - 4 million
Kagawa - 15 million, I'd say ten
Zaha - 8 million, maybe but same with Cleverley we'd be lucky to get five

Chich - 15 million
Fellaini - 15 million
Young - 8 million, Same as Anderson
Welbeck - 18 million, just about right...English tax and all that.

Total - £101 milion

vs £136 million spent

Rojo - 16 million
Di Maria - 60 million
Herrera - 32 million?
Shaw - 28 million?

Players linked with a move away from United thus far:

Shinji Kagawa: Valencia and Dortmund interested.
Javier Hernandez: Valencia and Juventus.
Wilfried Zaha: Loan deal to Palace. Permanent deal possible.
Danny Welbeck: Tottenham loan, Pochettino apparently wouldn't comment.
Tom Cleverley: Aston Villa on a permanent deal.

All starting to sound pretty promising in terms of getting rid of some of the deadwood in the squad. I don't want Welbeck to go but it looks inevitable.

Still think Woodward is missing a trick not getting that desk sponsored by Beats.

Not sure how people can call Welbeck as how can you get consistency if your in and out the team. Rooney and RVP play regardless whether they are in form or not.....

How do you know that Van Gaal will have favourites?

Going off his history I'd say his players earn a starting spot or sit on the bench.

Why we sending Welbeck on loan to a team that could potentially challenge us for a champions league spot.

Madness. Tell them to feck off.

I could live with Danny going on a loan. He's probably not going to get much regular football now that we have lesser games. I just hope he still has some time to run on his contract

Has anyone done the obvious muppet math? Vidal's shirt number is 23 and there are now rumours of a certain TC23 leaving...mmm

I'll take that.

Keep Welbeck ffs... Especially as he can play in several positions. Looks like we'll be playing with two strikers and he can play on the wing as well, so he'll get a lot of playing time. Especially if Hernandez leaves.

Has anyone done the obvious muppet math? Vidal's shirt number is 23 and there are now rumours of a certain TC23 leaving...mmm

I'll take that.
Could Vidal really live up to the pressure of following such a classy player though? I think it would be too much for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Welbeck/Hernandez stuff going around is a "one or the other" kind of situation, but you never know...

Like reports earlier said, Man utd do not want to loan/sell to a top 6 side. There is enough competition out there and Welbeck will understand that.

The best thing right now is Welbeck being LOANED to a club in say 7th-10th in table.

Status
Not open for further replies.